Forum

FAQ: How to get ready for SteamPipe launch on 30th of April!

Created 18th April 2013 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »

Limp.

EPA

yes

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

How have server addons changed?

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

HI!
im having trouble when trying to launch TF2 through lawena.
i press launch, it does that “Starting TF2…” and after a minute or so windows asks me if i let this program change blabla in regedit or something like that, when i press yes it disappears and nothing happens, same when i press no (lawena goes back to main menu, i can change settings etc).
i already redirected lawena to /tf/custom/mystuff.
i already tried enabling steam cloud and disabling, doesnt seem to have an effect.
pl0x someone helpz!

Last edited by SorroW,

quintosh

wL.

you should put “if you’ve followed the instructions and something doesn’t work, verifying integrity of game cache is the fix for anything” on the top instead

Last edited by quintosh,

NeuTronas

Quoted from SorroW

indeed everything works great, load screens are A LOT faster, only thing i miss is P-REC :[ and PLDX

Steam Pipe still causes a lot of timeouts and crashes. Also missing textures everywhere :<
And on my laptop it's maybe even slower than before. Sad

Blinky

Quoted from NeuTronas

[…]
Steam Pipe still causes a lot of timeouts and crashes. Also missing textures everywhere :<
And on my laptop it's maybe even slower than before. Sad

Do the Verify integrity of game cache again, and u won’t have any crushs or missing textures.

Done it about 3 times myself and don’t really have any of those problems.

AnimaL

Updated first post with proper way to install hitsound as tf_dingaling_wav_override has been removed from game:

* Installing hitsounds: In newest Steampipe version game allows only single hitsound file. To install it you need to rename your sound file to hitsound.wav and put it in /custom/userstuff/sound/ui/hitsound.wav

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from AnimaL

Updated first post with proper way to install hitsound as tf_dingaling_wav_override has been removed from game:
[…]

Isn’t it this way for like 2 years now?
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/December_22,_2010_Patch

AnimaL

might be, ive used standart hitsound so never noticed

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

anyone else suffered from tf2 freezing lately?
Only noticed it after the steampipe update, but could be caused by something else I guess.

I’ve noticed my hl2.exe cpu usage drops hugely when the freeze occurs, then jumps back up and runs smoothly again. Any ideas?

quintosh

wL.

i notice it on every game that runs steampipe by now

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

anyone else suffered from tf2 freezing lately?

Me too, they happen quite randomly, about 5 per hour. It seems to me they only happen when you absolutely DON’T want them to happen. ;-)

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from BenBazinga

Me too, they happen quite randomly, about 5 per hour. It seems to me they only happen when you absolutely DON’T want them to happen. ;-)

Mine seems to happen much more often than that (every minute or so), but definitely at the wrong times still :p

CeeGee

(Knutsson Fanboy)
doggo

Maybe its the bitcoin miner loading?

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Steampipe is a bitcoin miner.
This explains everything.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »