Add A Reply Pages: 1

stexa

PC specs:

i5 2500k @3.4ghz

8GB RAM

1TB

750W Power supply

GTX 660 Ti

Surely I should be getting more fps than I did with my GTS 450?

AnimaL

And it will… If you will make good use of it, by running fullhd with max settings… Not the way around.

Gladdy

The source engine is much more cpu-relying than gpu. It makes sense that you would only get a marginal/no improvement of fps because your cpu was the bottleneck of the system already probably.

Vaskie

BulletClub

Even though Source Engine games are CPU bound, an increase in GPU power is always gonna allow you to have more frames, especially when using Higher resolutions, Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic filtering and others.

My current PC is running a i5 [email protected] (Stock), 8GB DDR3 and a HD7950 and i am more than capable of playing Team Fortress 2 using the Max Quality config by Chris using 4x AA, 16x AF and 1920×1080. I haven’t ran into any frame problems whatsoever even when playing on 32 people servers (with the possible choke on pl_upward going to 40-50s temporarily).

For Competitive you should be able to play Team Fortress 2 absolutely perfect with no problems running the game at the absolute max (see Chris MaxQuality config).

What i will say is that, if it comes to a push and you need to squeeze a few more frames, your i5 2500K should be easy to overclock and there are multiple tutorials all over the Internet, and am sure that even on the ETF2L forums someone might be able to help you with it.

stexa

I have downloaded the chris fps config, is the the maxframes or maxquality one?

Vaskie

BulletClub

Well, depending on the quality you want, the Maxframes would be the game using the lowest settings possible in order to get the max amount of frames but it’s horrendous, Maxquality would give you the best possible quality if you are into looks. After setting the config itself, you should change the amount of AA, AF and others either on the config or the in game settings.

Add A Reply Pages: 1