Forum

Dualcore support... need help!

Created 20th March 2009 @ 19:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Tuna

DCSB
Hey dats!

Got same issue, although it isn’t solely happening during the following occasions, but most commonly game freezes when:
– The moment I die
– A lot of other people die around me

I did try a lot of the commands posted around, nothing worked so far. Tried low/high resolutions, gibs on / off, multicore support on/off, and many of the other stuff. Didn’t have any fps issues before any multicore support, the only thing it managed to do is break my game :(

AnAkkk

After setting mp_decals to 0, I had my first crash. I had none before, so this is probably related to this.

Coinz

Nave

yup i had mp_decals “0” and r_decals “0” and my tf2 was crashing 2/3 times a pickup. After changing the values to the default ones i haven´t had a crash once in one hour playing in a pub server

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

cl_phys_props_max 0

Seems to have fixed it for me.

No gibs though ;(

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Admirable: “cl_phys_props_max 0

Seems to have fixed it for me.

No gibs though ;(”

Worked for me + friend, <3 u

Abunai

cheers admirable, that worked for me too :3

AnAkkk

Black screenshots will be fixed with the next update.

Norrland3000

mp_decals and r_decals worked for me.

Tuna

DCSB
Hey dats!

mp_decals worked for me as well, at least so far.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

i still get a gray screen when im waiting for respawn, im using mores config, tried it without dualcore support and with dualcore support, didnt made any difference

anyone got a clue what to do?

AnAkkk

Remove all your configs.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

ok cheers that worked anakin, still, when i put all the options as i want to, the gray screen is back :<

sigh

Am

jizzed in his p

What are the mp_decal and r_decals default values?

Norrland3000

mp_decals 200
r_decals 2048

were my defaults

Along with crashing, it seems the patch (regardless if multicore is enabled or disabled) has killed my framerate. I’m used to having it dip from around 60-57 at the worst of times on a 24man server but at the minute, a L3 sentry shooting rockets or a pyro/solly nearby firing knocks me down to like 20fps and then back up and down again like a yoyo.

Currently running it (before the patch anyway) at 1680×1050 8xAA, 8xAF, Bloom + Vsync.

Got a Core2Duo 2.66Ghz ( clocked to 3.6Ghz and I’ve heard few people with c2d’s having issues, going to have a mess around with my settings tonight, not had a chance yet, (new drivers, try the suggested settings on previous posts) but just wondered if anyone else had noticed a similar issue and if they found a way to resolve it.

edit: Better add the rest, Sapphire 4870 512mb Toxic + 2Ghz @ 1080Mhz Corsair Dominator RAM

Either that or start dropping my settings down/get a new CPU :P – Lovin the patch so far =]]]

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »