Forum

Virtual Reality in TF2

Created 19th March 2013 @ 19:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Setlet

Wiki link: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Virtual_Reality

TF2 Blog Post: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=10148

So, when will someone contact Oculus to sponsor a TF2 lan, using those virtual reality glasses? I’m pretty sure there was an Assembly Lan in which you had to use 3d glasses. Basically the same thing.

Also, discuss

lee

Nobody even discussing this, I assume because of two issues :
– 300$
– It will definitely mess up your aim and slow your movement /rotation.

maybe another thread at “general off-topic” under “oculus rift” would be better.

MightyMe

UbeR |

Rocket jumping is gonna be awkward, but airshots will be amazing

Huzzy

300 Buckaroos no thnx, looks cool though.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

“Testing the Oculus Rift Development Kit: Team Fortress 2 Virtual Reality”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P50fvL_EWYY

44-minute demo of various classes on frontier

AnimaL

that actually looks like a very very nice 15min toy like gamepad for pc :D

not for 300 $ though, but if it would come down to ~150$ it would be really cool alternate way to just experience 3d gaming

atmo

$300 is cheap for what it is, seriously. That’s (partly) why it’s getting so much attention.

wpminnows

[PG]

i want the consumer one to be out so bad

DraQu

And it is $300 for the developer kit. The consumer version will probably be around $150, considering the components of the device are around $100.

atmo

Quoted from DraQu

The consumer version will probably be around $150, considering the components of the device are around $100.

Hahaha. An iPhone costs $200 to make and sells for $600. There are many other costs involved besides parts.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

A friend of mine ordered the developer kit in october or something. And hes getting it at around end of april. Gonna test it for myself. Looks impressive altough I’m probably gonna be movement sick.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from DraQu

And it is $300 for the developer kit. The consumer version will probably be around $150, considering the components of the device are around $100.

In my line of work we buy a few ‘components’ for around 3 English pounds. Once assembled they sell for around 100 English pounds or more. It takes around 3 minutes to assemble them.

What’s that you say? Profit margins? Yes.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Marf

Strejk

Looks pretty cool, especially with the tilting and seeing your own body.
Maybe I’ll get it in the future, just for lulz.

alfa

good stuff, except you look like a lab monkey with that thing on your face

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from atmo

[…]

Hahaha. An iPhone costs $200 to make and sells for $600. There are many other costs involved besides parts.

Forecasting, Sales Estimating, Production estimating, Purchasing, Production planning, Material control, Warehousing, Despatching, Invoicing.. And then of course paying all the people that do these things, plus electricity and let’s not forget coffee and lunch.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »