Forum

Vanilltvs future?

Created 17th February 2013 @ 02:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Trath

I think me and most of the community are far behind on all the drama that went/is going on.

To start catching up, can somebody make a blog or Pirate Radio about the drama of Skyride and VTV?

atmo

Quoted from Skyride

This may not be a popular opnion, but TF2 doesn’t have enough eyeballs, money or man power to support 2 major casting organisations.

STAR has >150k subscribers on youtube, that’s plenty. And he’s only a dude.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from atmo

[…]

STAR has >150k subscribers on youtube, that’s plenty. And he’s only a dude.

Star’s doing pub content. Typical youtube personality type stuff. Not competitive TF2. If you look at his youtube page, only like 1 or 2 of the first 20 videos are even tangentially related to comp tf2.

evokje

WiK?

Who is star lol

atmo

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Star’s doing pub content. Typical youtube personality type stuff. Not competitive TF2. If you look at his youtube page, only like 1 or 2 of the first 20 videos are even tangentially related to comp tf2.

I know that, but it shows that there are a lot of people out there that will watch entertaining TF2 videos so it’s not like comp is anywhere near its potential peak in terms of people it can reach.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I think with regular, well produced, entertaining casts you could average 10k viewers pretty soon. May need a league restructuring in Europe so there are more games between top teams.

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

Quoted from Trath

I think me and most of the community are far behind on all the drama that went/is going on.

To start catching up, can somebody make a blog or Pirate Radio about the drama of Skyride and VTV?

I think pretty much everyone who has been involved in casting has had some sort of drama with vtv by now…

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from lexs

[…]
I think pretty much everyone who has been involved in casting has had some sort of drama with vtv by now…

Pretty much this. There’s no drama between me and VTV, it’s just a I spent the better part of 9 months trying to help out and it was a constant uphill struggle due to the culture within the organisation.

djc

d2f~

Quoted from AnimaL

and not because they want to get rich from it “lol”

nobody who I talked to about casting for tf.tv europe even knew about their massive and mighty payments when they agreed to cast, so I am reasonably sure that none of them particularly cares about whether or not they get $$$

Quoted from Kaneco

I just don’t get it how these casters that now are collaborating with tf.tv weren’t or aren’t active for vanilla even in the time they were badly in need of casters

I am reasonably sure that you can get answers from some of them out if this if you wish to privately contact them. Ipz has never been particularly quiet about his opinions, for example~

Quoted from Trell

Can I just say, before things get out of hand yet again; speculation is never good, since people start taking things as gospel.

yeah, speculation tends to lead to some pretty dire things. Instead of having people spout off for no reason (i.e. assuming that people only came to tf.tv for money ??? or whatever), if anyone wants to know anything in particular about tf.tv EU, they can get in touch with me and ask some questions: query me on Quakenet IRC (type “/query dearjohncarter (insert question here)” and hit enter)

it’s easy!

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I think Pledge and Skully could have enjoyed it a lot more tonight. It was pretty hilarious, and being grumpy won’t seduce an audience who are on the brink of deserting you.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I’m really happy that tf.tv are providing coverage over in Europe.

It basically gives the European TF2 scene a bigger audience, as now the central American casting organisation is going to bring their viewers over to watch our games. Might even find that our leagues over here can generate better sponsorship because we will have higher viewer numbers.

You will probably find that tf.tv coming over here will promote vanillatv a lot anyway, as more players become aware of the European scene, start following it. It’s win win for everyone, unless you are a believer that competitive TF2 is going to suddenly become a respected and popular eSport, and that this is going to have some sort of impact on that dream. Those people are going to be disappointed as it’s 5 years too late for this game.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

And for the record, you’re never going to get 10K viewers on average, because the competitive TF2 fan base, are the competitive players who are playing for their teams at exactly the same time as the games are being casted. Since competitive TF2 is nothing like public TF2 (completely restricted), public players have very little interest in watching a game, or even having a ‘favorite team’ like they do in other games.

enigmaenigma

Quoted from AcidReniX

And for the record, you’re never going to get 10K viewers on average, because the competitive TF2 fan base, are the competitive players who are playing for their teams at exactly the same time as the games are being casted. Since competitive TF2 is nothing like public TF2 (completely restricted), public players have very little interest in watching a game, or even having a ‘favorite team’ like they do in other games.

I think you’re tad jaded in this regard. A good chunk (if not most) of our viewers in North America either have a very loose association with the competitive scene or don’t play competitively at all.

Last edited by enigmaenigma,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Basically, this season with tf.tv has been the first serious attempt at the kind of regular production I’m talking about that could grow viewership rapidly. I can see why cbear and djc get angry at teams who don’t see the big picture here, even if there’s nothing in it for them right now. Talking of STAR_, that guy knows how to grow a viewership with regular, well-produced content, and no one should be above taking lessons from him. 10k average is totally plausible.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from djc

[…]

nobody who I talked to about casting for tf.tv europe even knew about their massive and mighty payments when they agreed to cast, so I am reasonably sure that none of them particularly cares about whether or not they get $$$

I am very eager to cast SNSD destroying everyone in season 4 and get given the cash monies for it, sick of them getting all the money you know.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »