Forum

Team Fortress 2 Community getting more and more stupid ?

Created 15th March 2009 @ 22:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

pischto

MTF!
MTF

Hi,

this is a basic complaint by me.
It is about the TF2 Community these days. It seems to get worse and worse.
In the beginning, when the game was released, nobody really knew how to play Team Fortress 2 Wars. So everybody helped and were nice to eachother. No flaming and no crying.
Then it started to get more serious. More and more teams joined the leagues. But they were still friendly to eachother.
Then from after Summer, it started to get worse. More and more talk about Cheaters, Special Configs ( tweaked ), flaming after and while the matches. In Pickups, the experienced players flame the newbies for not being as good as them. Teams were only out to win through Default Win and so on…
In Fall I thought it would get better soon. Now we are Spring and how is the Community now ? Still the same. Always flaming/crying/picking on members/racism. It seems like there are Cheaters everywhere with their OP configs…

And now for some hate : Why is Russia in ETF2L ? They have so many clans and players, why don`t they lame/lag in their own leagues ?

THIS IS MY VIEW. What do you guys think ?

Cheers !

aerokot

uns

lol

pischto

MTF!
MTF

Yea, I lol’d too.

g0d

haha why would you think all russians lag? some of them actually ping fine to uk servers?

Dut0n

MTF!
MTF

yea but the most of them are lagging ;)

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

“Always flaming/crying/picking on members/racism.”
“Why is Russia in ETF2L ?”

LOL.

Admittedly, if a server between cannot be found, it can be a problem, but not all of them are bad.

Joshua

I know what you are trying to say with the Russia comment, and I would personally agree that since Russia is not in the EU, then the european team’s ping problems should take precedence to the Russian team’s if a problem such as that occurs, however I don’t think that is such an issue, and I would have thought the admin’s handle issues such as this sensibly anyway.

As a community grows there is nothing really you can do about some bad influences creeping in, but then again, surely it’s good that we are identifying and dealing with the cheaters that we do find. We all know that the way some people have been acting recently hasn’t been quite up to the mark, but I don’t think there was any need for quite such an ‘outburst’

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

i dont mind what country plays, and tbh, it’s a game, so expect cheaters and special configs ;)

Darn

rockit like

And compare this to cs/css scene, we are fucking saints.

agron

Relic

EU =/= Europe

Russia is an european country fyi.

and the sweet irony on the OP was just…sweet. Yummy tbh.

seraph

rEJ

to paraphrase:

“I’m sick and tired of all the hate in the league.

I also wish the russians would fuck off I hate them”

gg.

Also seriously, go and try and play any other game competetively. At all. TF2 has by far the friendliest community I’ve yet come across. Just because it isn’t constantly hugs and kisses doesn’t mean that it’s hatered up to the teeth.

kaidus

WiK?

Yeah damned russians ruining it for everyone :<<

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Russia is european and asian. Half of it is in europe and half in asia. As the capital of Russia is in the european side then it could be considered more european ;).

But yea I agree, DOWN WITH RUSSIANS!!!

Mumm.lu

There have been 3 banned cheaters during the last 2 weeks. Furthermore are still palying without beeing detected.

I think there will be a need for a Tf2 anticheat very soon… unfortunately.

As with the Russian Problem : there should be a rule of equal ping/lagging. A lot of Russian Servers are just not playable.

xzr

I actually like russians, there’s plenty of really fluffy and nice ruskies in the tf2 scene =)

So down with your hatin and get a fkin clue.

Guess someone is feeling a bit down for losing to all the russian teams in their div? Must be the server’s/ping’s fault :/. sob sob sob

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »