Forum

Some stuff I need to get off my chest

Created 6th February 2013 @ 23:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Thanks for all the awesome work you’ve put in tf2!

Last edited by TurboTabs,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

I can be sober whenebnevrer i want

byte

Sorry to see you go, your work in the community was unique and excellent without a doubt. Best of luck :)

Cheers

Byte

kalhó

MM
Nave

Quoted from byte

Sorry to see you go, your work in the community was unique and excellent without a doubt. Best of luck :)

Cheers

Byte

Isn’t this topic in part directed at you?! I don’t understand how can you even come here looking so nice and passive and everything… You’re a pretty weird person.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from byte

Cheers

Byte

What the fuck.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Thanks for explaining Skyride.

I hope this doesn’t turn out to be one of those ‘us versus them’ situations – there’s enough petty bitching in this community already and it gets us nowhere. It sounds like a missed opportunity for getting the NA guys on VTV, but so long as it’s not been huge detriment to the community, i.e. games not getting casted because of people’s inability to put aside their differences, which thankfully doesn’t seem to be the case in terms of ESEA coverage.

This is one of the reasons why I greatly respect eXtine, as he was honest about his disappointment with the ESEA lan coverage situation, but sees the bigger picture beyond personal vendettas.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Only reason I won’t be at i48 is none of my friends will be there

:(

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

but so long as it’s not been huge detriment to the community, i.e. games not getting casted because of people’s inability to put aside their differences, which thankfully doesn’t seem to be the case in terms of ESEA coverage.

I can assure you it is to the detriment to the scene as a whole. Having all casting/coverage under one roof would be brilliant. Makes it easier to deal with sponsors/tournaments. It’s really a perfect example of “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts”, whatever name or organisation that may be.

This is one of the reasons why I greatly respect eXtine, as he was honest about his disappointment with the ESEA lan coverage situation, but sees the bigger picture beyond personal vendettas.

After being privy to a lot of information that wasn’t really made public, I can assure you Extine was far from honest. The biggest lie was that ESEA weren’t going to pay, which is bullshit. They were actually happy to pay a nearly 4 digit sum of money, they just wanted to try it out online as an “official” thing and then depending on how it went, look at flying out casters as a real possibility for the next event. TF.TV have been doing a lot of work with ESEA during the season, and flying them out on expenses for the finals is looking like a real possibility. There was a lot of other smaller things going on behind the scenes at extv (some involving money) which are a bit on the shitty side too.

Last edited by Skyride,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Pardon my misinformed self indeed.

Trell

|UKCS|

Just to be clear; there are two sides to every story, as I’m sure many of you know. Skyride, myself and Byte all know what happened, and as far as I was concerned it was all behind us and we had moved on, obviously that isn’t the case, as you feel you needed to point the finger of blame somewhere. That’s fine. I do feel however that your memory of what happened is slightly clouded here and that you’re trying to make VTV out to be 100% at blame – but I hate public slanging matches, so let’s just leave it at that.

That said, I do echo Byte’s sentiments in that you have done a ton for the TF2 community as a whole, and personally I think it’s a loss for us all knowing that you’re not gonna be around to help out going forward, with TF2 and VTV specifically.

GL with Dota or whatever else you choose to do going forward.

AnimaL

Quoted from kalhó

[…]

Isn’t this topic in part directed at you?! I don’t understand how can you even come here looking so nice and passive and everything… You’re a pretty weird person.

clearly neither of the involved want to say whats happened, but since you seem to know so much, can you explain to everyone what did byte do?

kalhó

MM
Nave

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]clearly neither of the involved want to say whats happened, but since you seem to know so much, can you explain to everyone what did byte do?

He doesn’t want to team up with tf.tv. Isn’t that bad enough?

byte

Quoted from kalhó

[…]

If I wanted to type a tl:dr 30page post of things that I need to get off my chest in this TF2 community, would you believe everything I said? Regardless of what skyride has said whether it’s truth or a lie, credit where credit is due.

He did alot for the community and for VanillaTV/me, does not mean one can not thank him for all his efforts. This happens alot in the rl working world kalho especially in the field I work in. So you being suprised and finding it weird suggests that you have another reason to post such a reply or maybe it’s naivity, I don’t know and frankly I don’t care.

Not going to ruin this thread with a defensive retort of what has been said, been used to it since forever :)

Cheers

Byte

byte

Quoted from kalhó

[…]

He doesn’t want to team up with tf.tv. Isn’t that bad enough?

Misinformed then is what you are, where did you get such a statement? Should listen to fully charged =)

Cheers

Byte

kalhó

MM
Nave

Quoted from byte

[…]

Misinformed then is what you are, where did you get such a statement? Should listen to fully charged =)

Cheers

Byte

So, you want it to happen? Is it gonna happen? If yes, i’m really glad and can’t wait for it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »