Forum

high div players helping out lower div players

Created 6th February 2013 @ 13:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

I feel like this sentence needs a disclaimer.

Well there’s always exceptions. TviQ would be one.. He just got good regardless of what he was doing or who with :D

(to those new to etf2l: yes, tviq too was in div 6 once!)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

div3 is the new prem

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I play with friends, can’t help it they are all better than me :(

Tak3n

2 of my old team mates helped my team out with some tacs and work on positioning etc, goo d guys Gubbins and Si^

Well, prem players being pro-active and helping lower div players is something that should happen more, but from my experience – if you (a lower div player) are being pro-active by yourself, it can only pay off.

For example, I added Fish a year ago and asked him if he could help me with watching and reviewing one of my objectively good/bad demos, which he did. Not only did that help me, because Fish reviewed my demo 10 mins after I have asked him + he gave me tons of advices, but more importantly it showed me some ETF2L players are willing to invest their own personal free time in helping a no-name scrub.

I am perfectly aware Fish is one of a kind guy, and I am not trying to say that lower div players should start adding prem/div1 players just because some of them seem like well mannered gentlemen, but if you want someone to help you out – try to find that person on your own.

Last edited by Reservoir Dog,

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

And that is exactly what this thread is about; because you’re wrong!

Playing with better players is what makes you better!

’tis a joke.

In all seriousness – I simply don’t really know anyone who’s a lot better than me, and would have me in an organised game, which is fair enough.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Well there’s always exceptions. TviQ would be one.. He just got good regardless of what he was doing or who with :D

(to those new to etf2l: yes, tviq too was in div 6 once!)

Hey! i have never been in d6 scrubland hurrrr

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from TviQ

[…]

Hey! i have never been in d6 scrubland hurrrr

http://etf2l.org/matches/19425/

Spike Himself

TC

Yeah sit down boy

TviQ

ft.

its all a cover so people dont get too jealous

Last edited by TviQ,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

mentored about 15-20 people mainly scouts and i think the only one that actually made something out of it was alba which is kinda depressing cuz u usually throw in alot of time and grt nothing back

anyways dblmixes nearly everday in fb mumble just add grandma or zeyork they will get stuff done

Coco

[d¿s]

Quoted from Link!

we don’t even have prem players

I’m sorry Link, I was getting close :(

unu

Me and some div 7 scrubs are double mixing with 3-4 guys from logs.tf ever so often. It’s really fun and useful and I suggest more teams do the same.

san alex

Quoted from Monkeh

The Portuguese tf2 community is obviously a nice place to be involved with.

its true, we work together to bring new players to the 6s and teach them, giving a free mumble with free channels for new teams.

even t0dA helps the new players, at least for me, he help me a lot, in 2009/2010 when I join the 6s mode. ^^

alba

duplo

Quoted from smziii

mentored about 15-20 people mainly scouts and i think the only one that actually made something out of it was alba

thx smzi <3

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »