Forum

E² has been disbanded

Created 24th January 2013 @ 18:31

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

I was aware of the fact that many people in the ETF2L community like to show how smug they are. I didn’t expect there were so many of them willing to post about it.

There are hundreds of other threads that the majority of people probably don’t care about, I don’t see over 40 people posting in there.

I doubt anyone playing Spy in a more serious way (as in at least 1/9th of each HL team) did not come in contact of and adopted ways of playing, tricks, learning mindsets etc. that were not somehow influenced by this group. I thus concluded there might be a few people at least appreciating to know the group doesn’t exist anymore, which is why I posted here.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

I wouldn’t say E² had any influence on how notable highlander spies play the game. Most high-level highlander spies I had known during my stint as team leader did not hold the group in high regard.

However, it was probably the most known TF2 vanity group, due to its high visibility and attitude of some of its members, and its demise is definitely worth a mention. I don’t see how this mention warrants all the hostility and snide remarks posted in this thread.

envy

Quoted from Selek

I was aware of the fact that many people in the ETF2L community like to show how smug they are. I didn’t expect there were so many of them willing to post about it.

The same was with every AA drama. You main the spy and I understand how much you want to defend the group which you’ll never join now.

Angel

Quoted from Selek

Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. – Greg King

Last edited by Angel,

aura

I doubt anyone playing Spy in a more serious way (as in at least 1/9th of each HL team) did not come in contact of and adopted ways of playing, tricks, learning mindsets etc. that were not somehow influenced by this group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dIghnr-b5Y

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from emb

Most high-level highlander spies I had known during my stint as team leader did not hold the group in high regard.

Fair enough. I still doubt their gameplay is not influenced by concepts worked out by members of E² at all, though.

Quoted from Angel

[…]

Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. – Greg King

Thanks, sometimes I tend to forget this quote and want to believe in people. A personal flaw of mine ;)

JimTheMagicJumper

!

I always thought E2 was some terrible community like skial or something. The more you know.

Le meme arrows

Quoted from aura

[…]

Mad skillz that killz.

aura

Fair enough. I still doubt their gameplay is not influenced by concepts worked out by members of E² at all, though.

they could not have influenced anyone because it wasn’t a collective project. Admins and members were doing whatever the hell they wanted. Just like -AA- is run by Jh, e2 was run by yankee doodles

Last edited by aura,

ashkan

Quoted from Selek

I doubt anyone playing Spy in a more serious way (as in at least 1/9th of each HL team) did not come in contact of and adopted ways of playing, tricks, learning mindsets etc. that were not somehow influenced by this group.

Quoted from Selek

Although I don’t want to be part of this whole discussion, I want to say that I disagree with your statement.

blacky_aq

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

It’s the result of many months of built up rage about a group of just a bunch of average players who think they are the gods of tf2, and this seems a good time to let it all out :D

You’re a dick, i bet you haven’t even talked to one of the spys in this group, that you can actually base an honest opinion on that dam group.
And i have no fucking dam clue, why you’re saying the claimed to be the best spys couse i haven’t heard any of that shit.

Last edited by blacky_aq,

Arcticcu

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Perhaps not with so many words :)

It’s still how everyone perceived them though.

That’s not a problem of the group then.

To aura: Why do we fall? Probably because we’re too stupid to use proxies :)

Last edited by Arcticcu,

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Arcticcu

[…]
But the group never claimed that the people in that group are best players ever, that’s something you made up in your head and then directed hate towards

The group themselves didn’t claim it, not in those words. But the players, on the other hand…

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from Flippy

WE DONT CAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE.

Lovely yours,

Mr. Pig

Le meme arrows

Quoted from aura

[…]

Forgot to ask.