Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 12th January 2013 @ 19:57

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »

r7anfan

;?

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

just to clarify I would rather be put in div 1 than the prem playoffs because if we loose we would be put back in div 2 >.<

Very honourable Sheepy! But someone in your team obviously wangled your team into this position, and how?

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

well we do have a few screenshots of us beating some prem teams however I don’t agree that we get a shot for prem while teams like elem.v don’t.

Last edited by sheepy dog's hand,

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Sheebay

Admins I have a serious question – can you please explain in as much detail as is possible: What criteria did you use to judge whom to place in the prem playoffs (don’t get why logs.tf or The Potentials were there wtf).

to reference poops tru tf2 blog:

“It is also strange that Elemental Violence, after a commendable season in div 1 were not approached. They have also been playing well recently and are a very stable team. There are blatantly other teams too, which would have been more appropriate, i.e. teams who play well and have full stable line ups.”

So what happened to Elemental Violence, uV gaming or arx imperators? Admin please explain.

Sheebz

The Potentials and especially logs.tf are there because of the screenshots they provided. Elemental Violence (5th place in division 1) and uV gaming (who lost Forsak3n and Hitman btw) asked for division 1 and division 1 is what they get. Arx Imperators won division 2 in Season 13 and asked for division 1 as well. Especially after seeing them on screenshots from other teams I find suggesting them for prem playoffs quite a stretch. Also we dont go around and ask teams why they dont sign up for prem or encourage them to do that, never did and probably never will. Why would we anyways?

Shifty

Yo, as to what sheepy said, we would be fine with a trade – safe div 1 instead of possible prem.
In regards to what has been said about someone boosting us or admin circlejerk, thats just not true. As far as i am aware, Hildreth isnt even part of the decision making which leads to the provisional divs.
We sent in screenshots cause we applied for division 1 so just like any other team that wants to get into a division above their current rank, we tryed to prove that we are capable.
The screenshots definitely show that we are capable of competing at a divisoin 1 – prem level.

Basically what Sony Black said about us. (just saw his post right now)

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]
The Potentials and especially logs.tf are there because of the screenshots they provided. Elemental Violence (5th place in division 1) and uV gaming (who lost Forsak3n and Hitman btw) asked for division 1 and division 1 is what they get. Arx Imperators won division 2 in Season 13 and asked for division 1 as well. Especially after seeing them on screenshots from other teams I find suggesting them for prem playoffs quite a stretch. Also we dont go around and ask teams why they dont sign up for prem or encourage them to do that, never did and probably never will. Why would we anyways?

Thanks Sonny Black, I appreciate the reply :-)

“Also we dont go around and ask teams why they dont sign up for prem or encourage them to do that, never did and probably never will. ”

Maybe you should encourage them to, rather than allow half rosters to apply…

Besides, maybe those teams were unaware that there would be playoffs since the admins consistently purported that they had no idea what was going on.

Snyyppis

RLM

I was being sarcastic, but I guess it brought up some shit, lol, I know well enough what skill level your team is Shifty.

The problem as I see it, is that atm there are 5 safety spots in div1, so in theory only the winners of their respective div2s get promoted to div1. This means that if one of the divisions is much more competitive than the others, teams like logs.tf are left in a bad situation – too good for div2, but no room in div1.

I would suggest a system where there are no automatic relegations in division 1, but the bottom 4 teams will have to take part in a pre-season playoff tournament, should they wish to maintain their spot. Pit them up against the div2 runners up and leave a final 8th spot in said playoff to a new or promising team (like Outsiders this season).

Or something, idk.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Snyyppis

The problem as I see it, is that atm there are 5 safety spots in div1, so in theory only the winners of their respective div2s get promoted to div1.

It is actually 7 out of 8 spots taken (6, if AVENUE or PyroGEN are placed in the Premier division) and yes, this is a problem.
Quoted from Snyyppis

I would suggest a system where there are no automatic relegations in division 1, but the bottom 4 teams will have to take part in a pre-season playoff tournament, should they wish to maintain their spot. Pit them up against the div2 runners up and leave a final 8th spot in said playoff to a new or promising team (like Outsiders this season).

Or something, idk.

We have talked about this internally already. It is probably leaning towards another playoff for the div 2 winners (i.e. win div 2 = play for your promotion to div 1 but no direct promotion anymore).

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from CanFo

It is actually 7 out of 8 spots taken (6, if AVENUE or PyroGEN are placed in the Premier division) and yes, this is a problem.

Ye but in theory vier red have a div1 spot (dunno where they applied), so 5 teams staying and 3 coming up, which would leave no openings for other promising teams.

Good to see solutions being discussed, though.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

Ye but in theory vier red have a div1 spot (dunno where they applied), so 5 teams staying and 3 coming up, which would leave no openings for other promising teams.

Good to see solutions being discussed, though.

vier red is basically a completely new team, going for div2.

wflb

div 1 needs a few more slots

Last edited by wflb,

divs are always shit

discuss

crouton

LEGO

Got relegated for silly reason to div2.
Went 13-1 in maps in div2

Get div2 again.

rockie

besides weird placings, a lot of teams didn’t have enough time to provide screenshots, like us, we played like 3 days, and we could provide like 6/7 screenshots, all the stuff should’ve started a week later imo

Last edited by rockie,

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

how are we div 2 for ffs sakes

Regen

nf.
9F

to be honest, there are just too mant capable teams in d2 that could play d1, as i said earlier, isn’t a 2nd d1 bracket an option, like before (d1a-d1b)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »