Forum

Anti-Cheat Since Anakin

Created 8th January 2013 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Licensing anti-cheat software isn’t helpful if you don’t force all matches to be played on ETF2L servers.

We currently have 7 match servers available for lending in Europe, and while it’s rare to see them all used at the same time, it does happen a few times per month – and this is when more than 80% of matches are played on non-ETF2L servers. We would need well over 40 gameservers to accommodate all teams, which is just not feasible in a free-to-play league.

It’s also worth mentioning that EAC is not used by any TF2 league or community, and thus may suffer from crashes or performance issues, and the client is Windows-only, meaning we would have to exclude all Mac and Linux gamers.

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from emb

… which is just not feasible in a free-to-play league.

Change this then.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Change this then.

no, don’t

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from emb

Mac and Linux gamers.

those words.
right there.
they cant be together in a sentence.

Kaneco

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Change this then.

lol hurr durr Im retarded

Forsak3n

S

Don’t install this, I don’t want to loose reko.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Change this then.

This kills the ETF2L

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

This kills the ETF2L

Not as much as you’d think. I’ve always been a big advocate of professionalism tbh

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Not as much as you’d think. I’ve always been a big advocate of professionalism tbh

;’)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Chaplain rapidly trying to derail the thread as he realises that his 10 other accounts would be banned for hacks if an AC client was used.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Im gonna remove myself from this thread seeing the consternation I caused by looking up prices alone haha.

I agree with you emb. There is no way you can enforce all servers to use a server-side AC client in a free TF2 league and you’d have to enforce penalties. Which would bring alot of extra work and problems for server-reservations.
In the end it’s a choise between open competitive tf2 for all with having some doubtfull players and some occasional drama and proffesionalism and the chance you’d loose a large numbers of players to it. Maybe Valve would be better of buying EAC and integrating their knowledge into VAC, I guess.

Яyan

Does ETF2L really make anywhere near the money this AC needs?

Crafz

Quoted from Яyan

I’m incapable of reading more then the thread tutle.

FTFY

Last edited by Crafz,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2