Forum

!!!!

Created 16th December 2012 @ 16:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Koala

lol don’t buy a keyboard, get a mouse and a headset and it’s fine

vøid

i have both, the performance are similar and it’s only a question of habit

BUT, laptop keyboards are shit and mine (MSi keyboard by steelseries )
seems to have 100ms latency

so i try to play with an external keyboard.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Played on an M17x up until the end of i46. TF2 on laptops is fine, just as long as they can run it decently. Do buy a headset as its pretty essential. I would recommend an external keyboard as well. Keyboards on laptops are shit…well the one on the M17x was. Obviously get a mouse xD

Last edited by T0m,

cho

having been using a laptop for more than a year.
as long as u hav a good mouse/mat, its pretty much down to get used to the screen
and i think there are some 120hz laptops out there?

Edd

T2P

I play TF2 on a laptop, its perfectly playable but I use a separate mouse, keyboard, headphones and mic.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Edd

I play TF2 on a laptop, its perfectly playable but I use a separate mouse, keyboard, headphones and mic.

pretty much this

Allyy

Quoted from kaidus

Get a proper headset, the rest can wait. If you stick with it then upgrading is definitly beneficial, but at entry level there’s really no need. The headset is an absolute must though, nothing creates a worse first impression on mumble than a bad microphone and speaker feedback.

This, also I played on a macbook for two months last term at uni which is the ultimate anti-christ of gaming equipment playing with the laptop screen/keyboard and I managed okay in terms of actually gameplay/still improving. But yeah, go for the headset definitely before you start.

Last edited by Allyy,

arD

-[S2L]

I don’t get why laptop keyboard is bad. IMO it’s comfortably slim and you don’t have to push your fingers halfway to the table with it.

oamaok

Quoted from arD

I don’t get why laptop keyboard is bad. IMO it’s comfortably slim and you don’t have to push your fingers halfway to the table with it.

I used to think this way. Then I bought a mechanical keyboard.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Its fine, im going huge on a laptop for years. Still playing with wireless aswell. Dropped the ballmouse tho

wipes

A4

There is nothing wrong with playing TF2 in a laptop. If u have like low fps u can always try different configs wich will boost ur fps. Get a nice headset, a nice mouse, and maybe later, when u have money u can spend it on a better computer.

Koala

Getting a new keyboard is pretty dumb, like what’s the point of the laptop then? maybe buy a huge case for it as well, so you can add a standard gfx card :)
Just wanted to tell that it’s almost useless. And with almost I mean almost. I still play on some old chinese made keyboard and tried on friend’s razer one, well, it was more quiet, buttons were nicer to press. That’s it. It changed pretty much nothing in terms of gameplay. It’s only a keyboard, you only use it to run around and chat (unless you have binded your ubercharge key to it which would be kinda weird).
Ofc if you don’t have where to put your money, then why not.

Last edited by Koala,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

So having an all around more pleasant experience while typing and generally using your pc is a waste of money. By that logic getting a good mouse changes virtually nothing, it just feels nicer.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Koala

Getting a new keyboard is pretty dumb

this is pretty much what every idiot i’ve come across has asked me when they see me play with a secondary keyboard. let’s see how you like gaming with flat chiclet keys over long periods of time without your palm heating up from constant contact with your laptop or accidentally pressing keys you dont mean to because all the keys are crammed into a small square area meant for portability, not spamming wsad

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from FIR

[…]

this is pretty much what every idiot i’ve come across has asked me when they see me play with a secondary keyboard. let’s see how you like gaming with flat chiclet keys over long periods of time without your palm heating up from constant contact with your laptop or accidentally pressing keys you dont mean to because all the keys are crammed into a small square area meant for portability, not spamming wsad

Pretty much the truth.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »