Forum

TF2 more pro?

Created 6th December 2012 @ 17:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

hycolours

_ainsley

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I don’t see why having less divisions makes it more pro?

Never played cs but afaik it’s far easier to win a round with a clutch moment than in tf2, making the gulf between divisions that bit less crossable. Ask any div 6 team who found themselves playing a div 4 team in a pcw how it went. I don’t mean those div 6 teams that are clearly better than div 6 but with no history, I mean those playing div 6 pcw’s and getting some random div 4 team show up. Happened to me a lot back in the day and it was funny just how much better they were than us. 7 minute 5-0’s for the win!

Same thing happens in div 4 if you get a div 2 team turn up and I would bet prem teams easily rape div 2 guys.

If we just have noobs, amateurs and pro divisions then I forsee a lot of people getting very frustrated at repeated raping.

Nothing wrong with 7 divisions imho, system’s been working well for a few years now.

This.

Frankly I’m happy with TF2 as it is, though I would like Valve to give us a “comp client” that removed all the bloatware like hats and was more optimised and stable. Maybe with a new spectator set up to make it easier for casting and watching games in STV.

silly

Quoted from crouton

[…]

More pro to me is more depth and more to separate players (higher skill-ceiling) while making the game more interesting to play.

Circlejumping is a way to make the movement gain more while not losing normal stuff. It would make rocketjumping really cool by making good circlejumps get you more speed while still keeping normal RJs for people not wanting to learn them. The gain you get isn’t huge enough to make it so that teams will easily beat other teams but it will give them another tool.

Letting air-strafes get you more speed would be the same while also giving you a quicker way to move than just holding W (not much quicker).

Bullshit.
You know, straight ripping off ideas from arena shooter you like isn’t “the best idea evurr bcus pramot is kul”?
There is a lot of depth already, a pretty good example would be uber splitting:
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/3374-details-on-uber-splitting

How would that add any depth, is a secret for me too. It is pretty easy to learn circle jump, it’ll took a few days at most if you really want to learn. Also it will make a game unplayable. Maps will be fucked, physics (if we’re “just adding circlejumping”, as if it was that easy huh) will be fucked, coordinate pushes will be fucked, deathmatches such as midfights will be fucked, a lot of classes will be fucked, netcode will be totally fucked,
weapons probably will be fucked too.

Though I’d so watch this mess, just for the laughs.

Wiper

idd.

Quoted from rouHe

[…]

Or lets just bumb it :3

He replied to a 1-hour old thread, your statement is invalid.

alba

duplo

Increase the fov range!

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from silly

[…]

Bullshit.
You know, straight ripping off ideas from arena shooter you like isn’t “the best idea evurr bcus pramot is kul”?
There is a lot of depth already, a pretty good example would be uber splitting:
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/3374-details-on-uber-splitting

How would that add any depth, is a secret for me too. It is pretty easy to learn circle jump, it’ll took a few days at most if you really want to learn. Also it will make a game unplayable. Maps will be fucked, physics (if we’re “just adding circlejumping”, as if it was that easy huh) will be fucked, coordinate pushes will be fucked, deathmatches such as midfights will be fucked, a lot of classes will be fucked, netcode will be totally fucked,
weapons probably will be fucked too.

Though I’d so watch this mess, just for the laughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKLhboRJqU
Cjump and airstrafe-speed is already in the source engine. I just want it pronounced enough to make it so that it’s another skill you could learn to use as a tool.

I don’t want cpm-movement (Actually, I really fucking do, that’d be so sick) with doublejumps, important cjumps, airstrafes, strafejumping, rampjumps. I just want the source-movement to be more emphasized.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I don’t see why having less divisions makes it more pro?

Never played cs but afaik it’s far easier to win a round with a clutch moment than in tf2, making the gulf between divisions that bit less crossable. Ask any div 6 team who found themselves playing a div 4 team in a pcw how it went. I don’t mean those div 6 teams that are clearly better than div 6 but with no history, I mean those playing div 6 pcw’s and getting some random div 4 team show up. Happened to me a lot back in the day and it was funny just how much better they were than us. 7 minute 5-0’s for the win!

Same thing happens in div 4 if you get a div 2 team turn up and I would bet prem teams easily rape div 2 guys.

If we just have noobs, amateurs and pro divisions then I forsee a lot of people getting very frustrated at repeated raping.

Nothing wrong with 7 divisions imho, system’s been working well for a few years now.

CS most definitely allows for more clutch moments. Basically because every weapon can 1/2-shot an enemy, even at large distances. This means that a superior player will have a much higher chance of putting out damage without taking it.

In TF2 you can’t really kill a fully buffed soldier without having a large chance of at least taking some damage, as any class. This means that a 1v6 is lose-able even if you only lose, say, 40 HP per enemy as a Soldier with 200hp.

silly

Quoted from crouton

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKLhboRJqU
Cjump and airstrafe-speed is already in the source engine. I just want it pronounced enough to make it so that it’s another skill you could learn to use as a tool.

There is zero use for it in TF2. There is enough to use as a tool, skipjumps, explosion surfing, you can even airstrafe a little while doublejumping as scout, such things.

Quoted from crouton

I don’t want cpm-movement (Actually, I really fucking do, that’d be so sick) with doublejumps, important cjumps, airstrafes, strafejumping, rampjumps. I just want the source-movement to be more emphasized.

That would not be sick, that would be game-breaking, I mentioned why already.
If you want to play with CPM-movement, stick with CPMA, which has developed gameplay for it.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from silly

that would be game-breaking

It’s only a bad thing if you are a lazy ass refusing to adapt. I assume you aren’t, so what’s the big deal? I’d love to try it out.

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

You’d still have the same amount of divisions, you’d just split them into 3 different sub-divisions, achieving nothing….

Actually we will achieve ugc league system with platinum, silver and iron divisions, where top teams of each division rape middle teams that rape bottom teams. Very useful innovation indeed.

atmo

l2baitjump like tviq :)

silly

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
It’s only a bad thing if you are a lazy ass refusing to adapt. I assume you aren’t, so what’s the big deal? I’d love to try it out.

I’m not refusing to adapt, but idea have to be thought through atleast. But it is just throwing together two completely different things he likes. It won’t work.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Crouton just wants that cause this jumping shit is the only thing he gets done as soldier in tf2 :D.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

– Increase the speed of everything in the game by 15% (Classes, weapons, reloads, cap times, uber charge rates, respawn times to compensate… just… everything). Not possible on our end, and valve isn’t going to do it, but thought I’d throw it out there as it would make things look and feel more amazing than they are at the moment.

– Allow all unlocks without exception (Makes the public game more similar to the competitive one (more enjoyable for spectators and easier to get into), and allows for massive build diversity that teams have to react to (just look at the number of variables in League of Legends, and yet how successful the game is). Overpowered unlocks would get noticed more and I’m certain valve would make changes to them if something is literally game breaking, that’s why I say to allow them all.

– Class limit 1 (brings more diversity to the game, more classes get played, highlander is ridiculously popular considering it’s had very little competitive backing. 6vs6 should try to build on this. LoL wouldn’t be the most popular game in the world if it had 6 champions, where you used two of the same champions twice on your team, and had only one set of items you could build using. That’s effectively what our competitive community has shaped TF2 into, and there’s only so many times one can watch the same rollout with the same classes and same weapons, with only slightly variable outcomes in each mid fight, before it gets boring and stale.

Drastic changes are needed to get this game the popularity it deserves, and to be honest, I think it’s too late anyway as the damage has already been done about 2 years ago with all the restrictions in place.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from AcidReniX

– Increase the speed of everything in the game by 15% (Classes, weapons, reloads, cap times, uber charge rates, respawn times to compensate… just… everything). Not possible on our end, and valve isn’t going to do it, but thought I’d throw it out there as it would make things look and feel more amazing than they are at the moment.

– Allow all unlocks without exception (Makes the public game more similar to the competitive one (more enjoyable for spectators and easier to get into), and allows for massive build diversity that teams have to react to (just look at the number of variables in League of Legends, and yet how successful the game is). Overpowered unlocks would get noticed more and I’m certain valve would make changes to them if something is literally game breaking, that’s why I say to allow them all.

– Class limit 1 (brings more diversity to the game, more classes get played, highlander is ridiculously popular considering it’s had very little competitive backing. 6vs6 should try to build on this. LoL wouldn’t be the most popular game in the world if it had 6 champions, where you used two of the same champions twice on your team, and had only one set of items you could build using. That’s effectively what our competitive community has shaped TF2 into, and there’s only so many times one can watch the same rollout with the same classes and same weapons, with only slightly variable outcomes in each mid fight, before it gets boring and stale.

Drastic changes are needed to get this game the popularity it deserves, and to be honest, I think it’s too late anyway as the damage has already been done about 2 years ago with all the restrictions in place.

not this again. /facepalm

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Your first suggestion was okay Arx, but the last 2 would make me quit tf2 instantly.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »