Forum

What happened to tf2lobby?

Created 15th November 2012 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Trath

The real question is: why are there so many highlander lobbies suddenly? like wtf there are 10 highlander lobbies with 16 people in then and 1 lobby for 6vs6 with 7 people in it.

There are lots of div 5-6 hl teams that use lobbies as a pcw platform, especially if they play ugc.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from irfx

[…]

There are lots of div 5-6 hl teams that use lobbies as a pcw platform, especially if they play ugc.

What the fuck..
A server doesn’t cost that much, comparing the advantages of having your own server, to not.
Besides, if they’re doing it to find enemies. That’s doesn’t sound very effective if they wanna get better

wrex

lobby is only good for leveling stranges in a better way

Black_Bob

[DA]

Quoted from Kvux

[…]

What the fuck..
A server doesn’t cost that much, comparing the advantages of having your own server, to not.
Besides, if they’re doing it to find enemies. That’s doesn’t sound very effective if they wanna get better

You do know you can use your own server to host lobbies? Its actually pretty hard to find a highlander team to play against at the best of times, people usually book them days in advance. So for teams who are just looking for a quick low level match lobbies can actually be a decent alternative and you will actually get a game!

If you are a new highlander team that doesn’t know the maps you can pick up a fair bit from playing lobbies, ok you can only get so far but you will pick up on most the obvious locations.

The best place to find proper teams to play against in 9 vs 9

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HighlanderTeamLeaders

Highlander double mixes

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/9v9colony

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Black_Bob

[…]

You do know you can use your own server to host lobbies? Its actually pretty hard to find a highlander team to play against at the best of times, people usually book them days in advance. So for teams who are just looking for a quick low level match lobbies can actually be a decent alternative and you will actually get a game!

I know that, I didn’t realize it was hard to get games in hl though. I assumed it was just as easy as 6v6 on irc
Just sounds very ineffective if you’re looking for better players, but then again. If they’re a div5-6 hl team, it’s probably good enough

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Kvux

[…]I assumed it was just as easy as 6v6 on irc

Nobody uses irc to get a hl pcw. If someone does, it is a result of not knowing about steam group “hl team leaders”.

Vincio

Quoted from Trath

Out of 12 people in a lobby:
1 guy is gonna be mad
1 guy is gonna troll
1 guy is gonna be like “oh shit son im so good” even though hes shit
1 guy is gonna spam mic
1 guy is gonna be so nice you’d kill a bunny for him

This sums up lobby atmosphere perfectly, most of the time (and more in 6vs6).
Take it or leave it.

Tuto

8-)

I don’t know about “Absurdly high standards in tf2lobby”

What I find annoying is when, inexperienced players joins the lobby and wanna play medic. That just spoils the game for everyone. Always giving a chance to the new players, but at least, play some other class ;)

aura

Quoted from Tuto

Always giving a chance to the new players, but at least, play some other class ;)

yeah and not engy or heavy, or demo…

Le meme arrows

Quoted from Tuto

I don’t know about “Absurdly high standards in tf2lobby”

What I find annoying is when, inexperienced players joins the lobby and wanna play medic. That just spoils the game for everyone. Always giving a chance to the new players, but at least, play some other class ;)

Maybe because nobody sane and half decent is going to play medic in lobby? Certainly not in the EU lobbies where you get idiot Russians thinking they’re Rambos and can kill whole enemy team. Or you get a pocket who misses 3 rockets from 4 and can’t hit anything with a shotgun.

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from aura

[…]
yeah and not engy or heavy, or demo…

Or solly or scout.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Only brave man play medic lobby, very brave and with thick skinnings, he must not care about rage and constant MEDIC! spam, he must not listen to shouts on comms, he must not read nasty typed stuff in chat, he must learn to live with the roamer going perma sniper because he didn’t get full buff before the mid fight and never mind he was on 30 odd health at one point cus he a retard and jumping in spawn and jumping badly, he must accept he gets no protection and the protection he does get is normally god awful, he must believe that one day it will improve, he must dream of having someone to play with who does know what he’s doing, he must attempt to communicate with people not talking back, he must call for pushes and ubers even though no other fucker dare open their mic, he must not rage quit or be reported and substituted, he must not laugh maniacally as he dies for the 35th time, he must accept it’s always gonna be shit playing medic in lobby.

Maybe ask a girl to do it instead?

Setlet

Quoted from Monkeh

he must not care about rage and constant MEDIC! spam

What is wrong with this actually? Shouting MEDIC gives the medic your exact position through walls (if close enough), and is also a sign that he wants a buff and is ready to do something useful.

I try to shout medic all the time, unless I’m trying to not give away my position to the other team.

quintosh

wL.

i played swiftwater hl with a 0 lobby medic, dropped 4/4 ubers but we still won?

fuck medic, just needs to click and that’s it

Team mate

pHy

Quoted from Setlet

[…]

What is wrong with this actually? Shouting MEDIC gives the medic your exact position through walls (if close enough), and is also a sign that he wants a buff and is ready to do something useful.

I try to shout medic all the time, unless I’m trying to not give away my position to the other team.

I agree with most of what he said, but I do appreciate the constant “MEDIC” spam for that exact reason.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »