Forum

One Night Cups

Created 12th November 2012 @ 09:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Kawuet

fH`

Hey guys ! The other day, I was wondering about one night cups. I mean, it’s been a while since we last saw any kind of cups like the ones that Esport Heaven, Alienware and stuff used to do. Any news about that ?

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Anything you’d like to see in a one night cup? Unlocks, yank rules, maps, format…what are we testing?

Or just for funzies?

Mayowa05

free
BuZzBuZz

Unlocks would be nice. It gives us a chance to see whether they really ruin the game or add just add some interesting diversity

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

There’s a multi-week cup with unlocks and new maps scheduled to start soon: http://etf2l.org/cups/etf2l-6th-cup/

Between that cup, ultiduo and the Highlander season, I think we’re quite saturated with competitions for the near future.

Last edited by emb,

Kawuet

fH`

Actually, I meant cups not hosted by ETF2L. Like the Zowie cups. I think it would give a better visibility to TF2 and help building up the hype going on these days.

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Kawuet

Actually, I meant cups not hosted by ETF2L. Like the Zowie cups. I think it would give a better visibility to TF2 and help building up the hype going on these days.

Tbh I always got the impression these cups were poorly attended, probably why they have all dried up. Pretty sad actually :(

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Kawuet

For the Excello cups, the admin team had to struggle and pester every team leader personally to even reach 32 signups.
ESH did not have any prizes available for a while (and was usually poorly attended as well).
The Alienware cups were hosted by Dignitas, who do not sponsor TF2 at the moment.

Last edited by CanFo,

Kawuet

fH`

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
For the Excello cups, the admin team had to struggle and pester every team leader personally to even reach 32 signups.
ESH did not have any prizes available for a while (and was usually poorly attended as well).
The Alienware cups were hosted by Dignitas, who do not sponsor TF2 at the moment.

Ok, thanks for the answer. (it kinda sucks though)

Monkeh

All you need to do is find some sucker with a few quid and make them offer some prize monies to etf2l for a tournament of their choosing.

Easy mode.

;D

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Monkeh

All you need to do is find some sucker with a few quid and make them offer some prize monies to etf2l for a tournament of their choosing.

Easy mode.

;D

The same works with ESH and Excello. Both allow users to host their own tournaments.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Monkeh

Easy mode.

;D

Or you can do it yourself like the wonderful cups hosted by Albert and more recently by that role model of the community, Pennyfarming.

walters

I want more cups (6on6 or 9on9) where i can play with fun team ;)

Kawuet

fH`

I’d be ready to donate some cash if a tournament like this is to be announced, but I have no time (and no skill) to host it myself :(

It makes wonder : is there any way to donate to etf2l.org (not only for cashprizes, but for the whole website stuff) ?

Monkeh

Quoted from Sideshow

Or you can do it yourself like the wonderful cups hosted by Albert and more recently by that role model of the community, Pennyfarming.

Will…….not…..rise…..to….bait…….

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Kawuet

is there any way to donate to etf2l.org (not only for cashprizes, but for the whole website stuff) ?

Once upon a time the website had a paypal button somewhere, but it was removed because it wasn’t used. Your best bet is to hop on IRC and contact an !admin :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »