Forum

My opinion on how the European scene could go forward

Created 27th August 2012 @ 05:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

There was one team at i46 capable of beating the yanks, and they practised 3 times in 2 months. But sure it’s all these reasons instead. I’m not saying they would have, but it comes down to nothing more or less than a difference in attitude.

Last edited by kaidus,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Just face the facts. Yanks are better at tf2 then us. No excuses. obama care.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kaidus

There was one team at i46 talented enough to beat the yanks, and they practised 3 times in 2 months. But sure it’s all these reasons instead.

Autobots?!

Also, why was r7an not playing? He should have been paid to go.

And did b4nny actually hit a pipe btw?

laerin

-9w-

NA beat us cause they’re better and more dedicated.
But that doesn’t mean there’s not point in getting an active pickup channel. If there’s any improvement we can make that will benefit us, why not try to do it. Basically what lolage said in his last paragraph: ‘Of course there will be other things we can do but this is just one thing which I think we could do easily. Allowing the lower skilled players to get some insight and maybe even build friendships with the higher skilled players is one way to get more teams reaching the next level.’

Lolage’s idea on having a ‘Pickup’ tab on vanilla and/or ETF2L which logged you into the pickup channel is probably the best idea to make pickups more popular. Definitely removing the auth requirement. Get some admins that play the pickups a lot.

You really mostly need people who just want to play tf2. #tf2.pug and #tf2.pug.na are two pickup channels for NA that almost always have at least 1 game going between 23:00 cet and 07:00 cet and sometimes 2 or 3 (and the channel isn’t even that busy during this time of the season due to people being busy with their ESEA matches).

And this is all despite the fewer number of players. Everyone always plays really keen and serious (usually) despite it being a pug and the games are usually really good. Sometimes up to 30 people are added before a game starts and that usually isn’t because of a lack of medics. A lot of the time, you get around 4 medics added at a time. There are times when people are just waiting for one medic to add but that is a lot less frequent that people waiting for someone to add up as a captain.

Perhaps because of the pugs too, the average NA player is a lot better than the average ETF2L player. Plenty of invite people play in them but a lot of the time you get the really bad players or the unknown players being fatkidded. Which is why #tf2.pug was born which allows anyone to captain and is more populated by the more inexperienced players.

Last edited by laerin,

OK, I have heard enough complaints, I will setup a pickup channel for everyone. Join #b4nnyLOLawful. CU THER

GAYNAL

skinnie

TCM

New players nowadays have sooo much more tools (demos, streams, casts,…) available to them to become good, but instead of putting effort into it they just keep blaming prem for not helping them enough?! I don’t want to generalize but that’s the tone that I still get from reading this thread.

Biggest mistake EU made was not supporting ESL at all. Now you’re still stuck with etf2l where the lower players decide the rules and you have nothing to motivate the prem players to keep upping their game whatsoever.

EU TF2 hasn’t progressed at all because of lack of players putting time and effort into it to be able to challenge the top teams and the lack of any decent competitive league.

Last edited by skinnie,

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from skinnie

New players nowadays have sooo much more tools (demos, streams, casts,…) available to them to become good, but instead of putting effort into it they just keep blaming prem for not helping them enough?! I don’t want to generalize but that’s the tone that I still get from reading this thread.

Biggest mistake EU made was not supporting ESL at all. Now you’re still stuck with etf2l where the lower players decide the rules and you have nothing to motivate the prem players to keep upping their game whatsoever.

EU TF2 hasn’t progressed at all because of lack of players putting time and effort into it to be able to challenge the top teams and the lack of any decent competitive league.

I think the majority of players are looking to get help indirectly just by playing with higher skilled people in pickups, not necessarily prem – div1/2 also.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from lolage

just a random shitters opinion

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]

:D

Whats your opinion on this then Retshock?

fawwles

TSUN~

Quoted from lolage

Whats your opinion on this then Retshock?

Quoted from Retsh0ck

just a random shitters opinion

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

my opinion is that pickups got nothing to do with the european scene going forward, or at least they’re not the problem (at the moment anyways).

atmo

Quoted from kaidus

There was one team at i46 capable of beating the yanks, and they practised 3 times in 2 months. But sure it’s all these reasons instead. I’m not saying they would have, but it comes down to nothing more or less than a difference in attitude.

d¿s to win i49

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Retsh0ck

my opinion is that pickups got nothing to do with the european scene going forward, or at least they’re not the problem (at the moment anyways).

I think your opinion is wrong. Instead of lower skilled people with potential just playing with their lower skilled friends how does the opportunity of playing with higher skilled players not sound like it could help?

I also did not say once, that this was “the problem” with EU tf2. A number of things may have to change this is just one of them.

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from skinnie

yes theres endless demos stvs etc, but you don’t improve by watching you improve by playing. and NO ONE is blaming prem players, there just asking for some help getting this scene better than it is, but fuck it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »