Forum

THE REAL ISSUE OF EU TF2

Created 7th August 2012 @ 21:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Skyride

I’m going to say right now that I’m quite comfortable with Koeitje being denied adminship in etf2l. I don’t dislike the guy, but I certainly don’t think he’s someone I’d trust with such privileges.

Ipz on the other hand seems like someone worth giving a chance.

I dont even know Koeitje very well but he strikes me as the kind of guy that will be non-serious when its fine to not be serious (say, pickups) but actually gets shit done when the occasion calls for it.

The problem with not even giving admins a trial period on the basis of “I don’t think they’d create a happy atmosphere” is automatically creating an admin circlejerk where not only is it exclusive to the kind of people the current admins “like”, but also denying people a fair chance to prove they can take the responsibility. What irrevocable damage will be done to the league from trying out people that meet all the requirements but the “personality” one? If you find they are counter-productive to the team’s efforts then just fail their trial?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I’m not giving everyone a chance when I can choose between a candidate who presents himself well in public and one who flames all over the forum.

Norrland3000

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

No, it’s the same thing. It’s just another part of it. Look to your right. What does it say?

And you think that only Part A is necessary to have on the page? It just lists sponsors and tags, thats good but i mean something more than that.

People don’t want to do the work themself they wanna have it handed to them (what everyone is saying) The easier you do it for new people the more new people you get. Some is more motivated then others but some you gotta push a little harder :)

Last edited by Norrland3000,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from CanFo

I’m not giving everyone a chance when I can choose between a candidate who presents himself well in public and one who flames all over the forum.

lol the logic please? breathzCanFo m8 seriously grow up ur life is prolly screwed itself so don’t let me even get into describing ur shit life instead..

Hope you catch my drift.

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

And you think that only Part A is necessary to have on the page? It just lists sponsors and tags, thats good but i mean something more than that.

People don’t want to do the work themself they wanna have it handed to them (what everyone is saying) The easier you do it for new people the more new people you get. Some is more motivated then others but some you gotta push a little harder :)

Look, its simple. Advertise on the MPUK public servers to get them to #mpuktf2.pickup. Make everybody that adds for the first time, or without Auth, or uses the !rules command see a bunch of rules and link to the necessary pages. One of them being ETF2L. We can’t go directly from the MPUK pubs to etf2l because of this not being an actual part of MPUK, but we can use the popularity of the MPUK pubs to our advantage.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from CanFo

But you’re a) complaining about a lack of staff and b) turning down people that already have admined for other leagues because they happen to have a personality that isn’t serious when there is no need to be serious. If you’re only recruiting the kind of people that would never do anything unserious or brazenly outspoken on the forums because their life dream is for some day to become an admin then you’re creating an admin circlejerk of a certain type of person when others are (and have proven themselves to be) more than qualified to help out.

Last edited by Vali,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Just a quick point.

I thought the admins were community based, so why do they get the power to reject and say who gets in?

Surely try someone with basic stuff, if they do well then they can do more important things.

I don’t think you can say that the admins don’t owe anything and others have to take the step and still maintain power to reject anyone without even a trial…

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Thanks for proving my point. Also, that warrants a forum ban. Third ban = one week.

edit: Directed to Koeitje

Last edited by CanFo,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

FREE KOEITJE!
inb4 forumban.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from CanFo

Thanks for proving my point. Also, that warrants a forum ban. Third ban = one week.

edit: Directed to Koeitje

I’ve been told lately, that I should chill my jimmies out, because it’s the Internet and nobody cares. As much as it irritated me and I sort of agree with you, all in all, he’s been sarcastic about that, don’t think it actually was an example of flaming he’d show as a public figure.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Vali

[…]

But you’re a) complaining about a lack of staff and b) turning down people that already have admined for other leagues because they happen to have a personality that isn’t serious when there is no need to be serious. If you’re only recruiting the kind of people that would never do anything unserious or brazenly outspoken on the forums because their life dream is for some day to become an admin then you’re creating an admin circlejerk of a certain type of person when others are (and have proven themselves to be) more than qualified to help out.

I am not complaining about a lack of staff, more about a lack of motivation to expand.
To answer b): I am voluntarily working for ETF2L because I enjoy it. Do you seriously expect me to consider recruiting people who were giving me or my staff shit for years and will most likely create an unpleasant working enviroment if they give me no reason to believe they changed? Sorry but that suggestion is ridiculous.
The hell, OF COURSE I will only want to work with people I could imagine I like. If I did the opposite I would be really stupid.
Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
I’ve been told lately, that I should chill my jimmies out, because it’s the Internet and nobody cares. As much as it irritated me and I sort of agree with you, all in all, he’s been sarcastic about that, don’t think it actually was an example of flaming he’d show as a public figure.

I invite everyone to criticise my work but leave out my life please. I don’t care how he meant it.

Last edited by CanFo,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from CanFo

I am not complaining about a lack of staff, more about a lack of motivation to expand.
To answer b): I am voluntarily working for ETF2L because I enjoy it. Do you seriously expect me to consider recruiting people who were giving me or my staff shit for years and will most likely create an unpleasant working enviroment if they give me no reason to belive they changed? Sorry but that suggestion is ridiculous.
The hell, OF COURSE I will only want to work with people I could imagine I like. If I did the opposite I would be really stupid.

“What we don’t have is staff or motivation to expand” – your words, not mine. Also by taking an admin position (especially head admin), you surely should need to try to be fairly impartial and open to certain ideas. Not even giving what is surely promising candidates a trial, from which you stand almost nothing to lose, based on (what sounds like) personal grudges is just a bit of a daft way to run a league, really.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Vali

“What we don’t have is staff or motivation to expand” – your words, not mine. Also by taking an admin position (especially head admin), you surely should need to try to be fairly impartial and open to certain ideas. Not even giving what is surely promising candidates a trial, from which you stand almost nothing to lose, based on (what sounds like) personal grudges is just a bit of a daft way to run a league, really.

“staff or motivation”, I am not sure what it is. Anyway, “like” may have been the wrong term. Replace it with “respect”. I will not recruit anyone who does not even show respect for the work he applies for. What is the point of that anyway? Also, I have a lot to lose as the trial admins have wide access to the forums and site functions.
I also hold no grudge against anyone although I had enough reason to do it.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Vali

[…]

You’re actually giving CanFo criticism for not wanting to work with a guy who just in the past hour attempted to insult him personally? It is like a guy who has been banned from a shop multiple times for insulting staff and customers walking up to the shop owner and asking for a job. I don’t really talk to Koeitje so if he joined the staff I’d have no problem with him but his reply in the past hour proves he isn’t anywhere near mature enough to deal with people. If I was in his position instead of throwing out insults when CanFo told him “No because your past reputation makes you seem like an unlikable person” I would have attempted to write an apology for his past behaviour, pledge committment to the league and helping the community, maybe then CanFo would have considered me to be serious in my application.

Sorry but experience or no experience if you act the way he has acted on these forums we’d be promoting a bad environment both internally and externally.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from CanFo

“staff or motivation”, I am not sure what it is. Anyway, “like” may have been the wrong term. Replace it with “respect”. I will not recruit anyone who does not even show respect for the work he applies for. What is the point of that anyway? Also, I have a lot to lose as the trial admins have wide access to the forums and site functions.
I also hold no grudge against anyone although I had enough reason to do it.

Well previous admin experience at ESL is far more indicative of respect for the work than an unserious forum attitude. Plus maybe it would be more helpful to restrict trial admins in what they can do and open up recruitment rather than vice versa.

Quoted from Hildreth

You’re actually giving CanFo criticism for not wanting to work with a guy who just in the past hour attempted to insult him personally?

How could you possibly even consider his response/”insult” as serious in any way whatsoever? Sure he may be doing himself no favours considering his audience but you could hardly take it as an indication of the kind of thing he’d bring to say an internal admin discussion; if it was just fail his trial and kick him.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

CanFo, your seriously are a fucking idiot and a terrible head admin, no idea how you got the position in the first place. I don’t like your personality or the way you operate but I got no choice in the matter of you being an admin.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »