Forum

THE REAL ISSUE OF EU TF2

Created 7th August 2012 @ 21:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from longas

TF2 is a game made for casuals and valve created it with that purpose in mind, that’s the real issue. The difference between pub servers and competitive 6on6 has been too big since the beginning (now even more with all the unlocks), Valve has never cared about the competitive scene of this game and they aren’t going to do it now.

this

I honestly don’t get why you people need to blame yourselves for tf2 being what it is, hurr we should have supported esl, are you retarded? at least etf2l was made from the ground with hard work of hundreds of people, what has esl done for tf2 other than the worst anti-cheat in history and a god awful website that is an insult to the internet?

It’s not your fault, it’s not etf2l’s fault, it’s not sponsors fault, it’s valve’s fault, so please stop creating a new thread every month about what we could have done to prevent a game that never lived from dying

I also find it hilarious people wanting to take this game seriously when even premier players switch teams every other week, oh well.

IPZIE

SUAVE

thats not really the attitude i want to live my life just excepting certain stuff cause i think i cant change it. even tho valve is a big fat hoe and never really wanted tf2 to be a big LAN fps game that doesnt necessarily mean that i cant change this. Actually there are some people that are passionate about tf2 cause they never got stuck on a certain level and constnatly got to love the game more and more, i can understand you not really beeing intrested in things.

Last edited by IPZIE,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from jonii

[…]

this

I honestly don’t get why you people need to blame yourselves for tf2 being what it is, hurr we should have supported esl, are you retarded? at least etf2l was made from the ground with hard work of hundreds of people, what has esl done for tf2 other than the worst anti-cheat in history and a god awful website that is an insult to the internet?

It’s not your fault, it’s not etf2l’s fault, it’s not sponsors fault, it’s valve’s fault, so please stop creating a new thread every month about what we could have done to prevent a game that never lived from dying

I also find it hilarious people wanting to take this game seriously when even premier players switch teams every other week, oh well.

You’re an idiot and know nothing, please stop contributing. Thank you.

kaidus

WiK?

Honestly you only need to look at the NA scene to see that it could very realistically be a lot better. It’s not amazing, and could definitely be improved upon further still but it seems like a very satisfying place to play TF2, whilst europe is not save for 1 month a year. Saying valve didn’t do this or that is reason for it to not be LoL status, not to frizzle up into a pile of it’s own turd and die.

Last edited by kaidus,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

10 seasons (11 if you count ESL)?

No, but everyone knew them, everyone knows carnage etc. And the cast of 4K/Digi changed so much over the 10 seasons it is hard to say they are one team.

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

You’re an idiot and know nothing, please stop contributing. Thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/x9iaE.jpg

cook

FB

I honestly thought this was going to be about airstrafing, I’m disappointed.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Skyride

The real issue with TF2 is that people will post in this thread and think they’ve helped. Nothing will happen and everyone will feel like they tried.

Exactly. Post walls of text about this all you want chaps but it could be energy spent elsewhere doing something more productive.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

Exactly. Post walls of text about this all you want chaps but it could be energy spent elsewhere doing something more productive.

Well i didnt just posted a wall of text i gathered all the current problems and offered my help fixing those. I guess it quite easy to spent money and say you fixed stuff but maaaaaaaaaaaan :/

Last edited by IPZIE,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Dunno why ippez edited his post.

Don’t expect the admin team to come up to you. Instead, apply by yourself – http://etf2l.org/etf2l/jobs/
If you are willing to help, be proactive and make the first move. It won’t work otherwise, I’m speaking out of experience.

Going nuts in threads every 2 months or so won’t change anything. People seem to forget this league is run by volunteers.

You want the ETF2L to get a more professional attitude?
* schedule your matches on your own (kaidus’ team: 0/6 in S12, checkmate)
* submit results, demos & status screenshots in a complete and timely manner
* provide STV information for casters / audience early
* Use your ETF2L nicknames in matches
* accept warnings and further consequences when not following the rules

Ask yourself what you’ve done so far to improve the current state of the league.

Personal opinion, I am not a league admin.

Last edited by nTraum,

atmo

Do you know what JSON is nTraum? )))

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

No, but everyone knew them, everyone knows carnage etc. And the cast of 4K/Digi changed so much over the 10 seasons it is hard to say they are one team.

Fuck Carnage, we have (had) Rybben :D.

Skyride, you saying me owning scrubs on pubs and then spamming “Go Competitive at Vanillatf2.org” isn’t helping?!? :((

nTraum check on the left, still doesn’t show trial admin. pls fix.

Last edited by Koeitje,

wrock

vier

totally agree with ntraum
when you search through all the posts you’ll find different opinions about different things, since etf2l is on volunteer basis they try trying to suit everybody
and ofc that doesn’t always fit with opinions from high tier players

flaming/diskussion in boards will bring us nowhere
do it yourself

edit:

nTraum check on the left, still doesn’t show trial admin. pls fix.

i dont know the background story(when you wrote an application, who alrdy read it whatever)
but a lot of people complaining about etf2l not too serious/professional enough…

do you think any profesional organisation would let them set under pressure because you complaining about it in a topic?

(btw. thi’s all is MY OPINION not the opinion of the staff)

Last edited by wrock,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from IPZIE

[…] Well i didnt just posted a wall of text i gathered all the current problems and offered my help fixing those. I guess it quite easy to spent money and say you fixed stuff but maaaaaaaaaaaan :/

Stop putting words in my mouth cheers. All the things you gathered are so incredibly obvious (minus some of your suggestions) it was a waste of your efforts.

Also, you seem to have reasonably good English skills, and if you weren’t so sure about any PR then you could always ask someone who speaks it natively to proofread for you.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

IPZIE

SUAVE

you dont see people discussing either :
missing money in the prizepool from ads
connecting pub + comp communities

so you much rather have people dying over an unlock debate than just gathering probs and offering help?

noone is going nuts in this thread and i tried to discuss this stuff with admins over and over again in the irc so what happens is : you sit there you type in !admin — 15 sec later you get an admin to chat with you with this automaticly generated text, you ask them :” hey mate whats going on with the money of etf2l and cant we use this to hold inhouse cups or enlarge the prizepool of etf2l?”

never got any reaction to this nor will i ever apply for any spot after just constantly getting ignored ( this btw happened like a couple of month ago)

you might have some ingsights that i dont have ( i hardly doubt these , got admins in my circlejerk ;) ) that there are people constantly working on these problems in the background but it doesnt seem so, and all i wanted to do is offer help and thoughts

Last edited by IPZIE,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »