Forum

ESEA in Europe?

Created 7th August 2012 @ 03:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from crouton

[…]

How?!
Opening an account with a debit card without ID and with online bank costs LITERALLY nothing here. Transfer by SWIFT-code to another country will cost you around 5€ per transfer though, this is where the problems come in I assume.

Its not about not having possibility to do it, its more of a who would be arsed enough to actually go to bank get card (which also costs euros after first year) just to play computer games…

look at evokje for instance, how many hrs he has in LOL and he still dont have cc to pay for anything…

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I’m sure we could do donations for the thirdies.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]Its not about not having possibility to do it, its more of a who would be arsed enough to actually go to bank get card (which also costs euros after first year) just to play computer games…

look at evokje for instance, how many hrs he has in LOL and he still dont have cc to pay for anything…

How do you get your money then? Does the employer just give out checks? This sounds awfully strange. Also a debit card doesn’t have to cost money, it’s free in most banks here as long as it’s without ID.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from crouton

[…]

How do you get your money then? Does the employer just give out checks? This sounds awfully strange. Also a debit card doesn’t have to cost money, it’s free in most banks here as long as it’s without ID.

See the bit where you went wrong was when you assumed that any of these people have or have ever had a job. I don’t get it to be honest, the bank account I opened when I was 15 had a Visa debit card. Most people are in this community are so lazy it beggers belief.

Last edited by Skyride,

AnimaL

idd, most of cido roster is like 16-17 yo, its just me and blind who are old in comparison :P

Quoted from Skyride

Most people are in this community are so lazy it beggers belief.

which is why nobody cared about esl and their strict rules and even epsi had like maximum penalty points and were dropped

ofc, having to pay to play would fix that, but asking etf2l for such strict rules to me seems bit optimistic

Last edited by AnimaL,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well what do they do in America, I am sure they face the same problems. Is it not a good idea to go ask them?

Most people who play TF2 are likely to also buy games from steam. So how ever they do it for steam will work for ESEA.

pyyyour

ESEA is pretty solid. They are essentially looking for more money by including you guys.

But hey, if your TF2 community really wants a real shoot in the arm, I would accept it with open arms.

And yes, you will need a large open, IM, and Invite base to warrant large cash prizes.

As we see it in America, it is a consistent season happening with an added cherry of LAN.

Plus ESEA can front you prize money to help you pay for travel costs.

Greg

TEZC

I don’t think it will ever work in Europe, I have seen ESEA fail to expand twice, due to very poor EU league management and the entry fee. I highly doubt these will be fixed for the other games and as such they will withdraw from the EU before they even consider adding TF2 to the games list

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

See the bit where you went wrong was when you assumed that any of these people have or have ever had a job. I don’t get it to be honest, the bank account I opened when I was 15 had a Visa debit card. Most people are in this community are so lazy it beggers belief.

But they’re 16-17, how do they afford booze and drugs?!

AnimaL

Quoted from crouton

[…]

But they’re 16-17, how do they afford booze and drugs?!

you choose – computer games or booze…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Well, I can understand it being to expensive for certain players. Not because of age, but because of the country they live in. The average American makes more than the average Hungarian and I’m pretty sure the minimum wage in the states is higher than in Hungary for example. But….the biggest problem is the strict ruleset.

t0dA

Quoted from kalhó

[…]

Its etf2l……keep dreaming………
They can’t even force top teams to upload stv demos……

E dizeres onde andas?

ouch

i’m shit at this game, why should i spend money on it? :>

Last edited by ouch,

Trane

Quoted from Koeitje

Well, I can understand it being to expensive for certain players. Not because of age, but because of the country they live in. The average American makes more than the average Hungarian and I’m pretty sure the minimum wage in the states is higher than in Hungary for example. But….the biggest problem is the strict ruleset.

Yet they all manage to afford the internet, the games they want, and sufficient hardware to run it. I know kids who play this game who claim they have NO money, yet the have the latest 150euro steelseries blowjob headset with gold plated microphone.

Don’t listen to their cries of hardship.

wpminnows

[PG]

sounds good

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »