The escape Plan

Created 29th June 2012 @ 02:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Kimzan

Tory

Will the escape plan be used ?

Kimzan

Tory

As they littretly nerfed the Equalizer throughly, I’d like to ask is the escape plan a weapon of use now when we get the attribute of just running fast. Because we used mostly Equalizer just to run away and now is the question will this be used again ? because it is so nerfed.

doks

* allow 1 unlock
* people go apeshit about other unlocks
* allow everything whatever
* etf2l dies

wrock

vier

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-21800/page-13/?recent=392602#post-392602

Kimzan

Tory

Well i’d quite say that could be a good thing and that the Etf2l could allow these weapons. Because they are not that overpowerd as evryone is saying.

herpderp

DAKKA

It’s better if you learn how to not get into situtations that require you to “escape plan” out of them, there should be some punishment for making mistakes.

Brov

Quoted from herpderp

It’s better if you learn how to not get into situtations that require you to “escape plan” out of them, there should be some punishment for making mistakes.

well said

Kimzan

Tory

Well yeah, That’s a true fact. I personally never really liked the equalizer either for that part. And i really never escaped with it either for that part, It’s not 100% needed but it can get quite handy!

Xerofset

DMS!

Oh, it’s this thread again

Kimzan

Tory

Quoted from Xerofset

Oh, it’s this thread again

What do you mean? You mean like you’ve seen a previous post that was just about this or what? xd

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I used to oppose the EQ because it was a ridculously obvious upgrade to any other soldier melee weapon, making the game actually less fun for others. Now that the damage buff got removed, I think this unlock is ready for re-reviewing. Ideally I’d love to see the speed boost only kick in after 2 seconds of equipping the weapon, but that’s not a big deal.

Quoted from herpderp

The way this argument is posed (this seems to be a very popular argument against the EQ/EP) is not really fair.

What IS true, is: “With the EP you can escape situations that you previously couldn’t.” To add “mistakes” or “bad play” into the argument is a fallacy. With the EP you can actually make new types of plays where “getting away using the EP” is part of the plan, not a correction to a mistake.

To illustrate with a shitty example: What if the default rocketlauncher self-damage reduction for rj’ing was only introduced later into the game, with a new RL unlock? Would we then say that it would make it too easy for soldiers to jump away, allowing them to make mistakes and not be punished for it?

What I mean to say is, it’s just a matter of where you put the line. Giving the soldier the EP is to make him more viable in more types of plays. This has not much to do with mistakes. It’s just a question of how viable we want the soldier to be in a multitude of situations.

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

• One half saying “Yes!”
• One half saying “No!”
• Both halfs have one or two people making really good arguments.
• People go batshit crazy for a week or two.
• A decision is made.
• People go even more batshit crazy for another week.

I got my popcorn ready.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from skeej

I used to oppose the EQ because it was a ridculously obvious upgrade to any other soldier melee weapon, making the game actually less fun for others. Now that the damage buff got removed, I think this unlock is ready for re-reviewing. Ideally I’d love to see the speed boost only kick in after 2 seconds of equipping the weapon, but that’s not a big deal.

[…]

The way this argument is posed (this seems to be a very popular argument against the EQ/EP) is not really fair.

What IS true, is: “With the EP you can escape situations that you previously couldn’t.” To add “mistakes” or “bad play” into the argument is a fallacy. With the EP you can actually make new types of plays where “getting away using the EP” is part of the plan, not a correction to a mistake.

To illustrate with a shitty example: What if the default rocketlauncher self-damage reduction for rj’ing was only introduced later into the game, with a new RL unlock? Would we then say that it would make it too easy for soldiers to jump away, allowing them to make mistakes and not be punished for it?

What I mean to say is, it’s just a matter of where you put the line. Giving the soldier the EP is to make him more viable in more types of plays. This has not much to do with mistakes. It’s just a question of how viable we want the soldier to be in a multitude of situations.

That is a fair point, but it does not take into account the situations that are unplanned for. For example I am an idiot and walk around a corner without thinking, get hit by a rocket or two, I can then EQ out of there to safety.

This is not the same as the example you gave.

It is also the mechanic itself that is an issue, in almost every situation, you want to keep your health, the mechanic rewards you taking damage, which is basically a reward for doing something that you should not do.

rarecandy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpyGyb1J4I&feature=related

Last edited by rarecandy,

Battery

Quoted from rarecandy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpyGyb1J4I&feature=related

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »