Forum

The Pyromania Update [25/6/2012]

Created 25th June 2012 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »

shdwpuppet

wordpress has great survey plugins, lets take a vote on all the unlocks closer to season 13.

I have played on both formats pretty extensively and I have to say that, far and above anything else, the big game changer for NA is the equalizer. It isn’t imbalanced (even less now that it is only a speed stick), but it has changed the metagame in a severe way. Now it is easy and possible to get soldiers to 300 every map without sacrificing speed, making the soldier a very powerful bombing force on every single map, essentially reducing the role of the demoman.

I personally like vanilla except for the mid fights, that equalizer is just such a big game changer and I feel it makes mids more dynamic and interesting. I think we need to take a look at each unlock individually and make decisions, not in broad sweeping strokes, but logically with each reasonable unlock being considered. We need to consider things like balance and “fun” but also spectator value and other important factors.

Koala

Quoted from shdwpuppet

I think we need to take a look at each unlock individually and make decisions, not in broad sweeping strokes, but logically with each reasonable unlock being considered. We need to consider things like balance and “fun” but also spectator value and other important factors.

Agreed. Need to make game more “colorful”.

Though there should be only 9 updates in total, not counting bugfix updates ofc. Otherwise these fucking weekly updates are killing tf2 and I’m seeing even pubers asking each other why the hell they don’t fuck off with their updates..

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Yuki, of course I read it all, after watching some awesome tennis, unlucky Nadal, you got served…ermm, yeah, and I ALWAYS have an open mind.

I fear your medic-centric assessment of mine own assessment, might just be painfully close to the truth.

As mentioned in the post above your mighty tome, I also fear my open, but also feeble and fickle mind, may be wobbling under the deluge of current posting activity.

Did I hear confirmation of almost definite fold of epsi and infs after i46? Does this mean, technically and in all respects that matter, the ACTUAL top-tier of EU TF2 shall no longer exist, should this be true, (very sorry for any embarrassment should it not), then they can’t rage quit the league and it can all be rebuilt with considered, careful and quality unlock decisions?

Gogo some kind of panel with top players to div 6 to retired to casters and programmers and spectators galore…see if we can’t reverse the EU decline where other scenes appear to be living a reverse situation.

Mebbe….dunno.

Edit: Oh yeah, and bollox to quitting if stuff changes, freakin enjoy TF2 too 2 twoo much for that emo shit.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from tf2streetz

you guys forgot this already? http://etf2l.org/etf2l/archives/71/1/

I don’t understand how there can be any argument for unlocks when this happened last time we had a cinnamon ruleset.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

I don’t understand how there can be any argument for unlocks when this happened last time we had a cinnamon ruleset.

That was coming from a ruleset with loads of weapons to a compromise between that and vanilla, ie a big step forward going by what happened before it and what happened to get there.

Then everyone cried and ran to their mommies like little children who just got their candy stolen by the bully at school.

If you want to promote the argument that “prem is always right” perhaps link to something slightly less embarrassing? :D

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

That wasn’t the point I was making at all, and you didn’t even make a point yourself there Spike.

The last time we had unlocks, the whole top tier crumbled and boycotted the league. It would be ridiculous to move backwards to that again.

Snyyppis

RLM

fuck I’m honestly thinking about buying an inflatable balloonicorn why do you do this to me valve………………………………

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

That was coming from a ruleset with loads of weapons to a compromise between that and vanilla, ie a big step forward going by what happened before it and what happened to get there.

Then everyone cried and ran to their mommies like little children who just got their candy stolen by the bully at school.

If you want to promote the argument that “prem is always right” perhaps link to something slightly less embarrassing? :D

Choose 1

Admins make bad decisions, incorrectly read community attitude at that time etc
Community is upset and decides not to play in a league they wont enjoy (read: sign up choice)
Admins read the mood and make a decision that benefits the community league

OR

Switch to cinnamon unlock system is a logical decision supported by the entire community and the admin panel comply with the masses
“(A few prem players) cried and ran to their mommies like little children who just got their candy stolen by the bully at school”
Admins are forced away from the greater good by the terrorism of a few players ruining the league for everybody

As much as I like you Spike, im glad your opinions no longer represent those of the admin panel, as that sentence in particular spits on the evolution of our community and lists an incorrect order of events. I dont think any player ‘cried’ or even made that much fuss about it; they just refused to play in a league they had a choice to join. Expecting them to play in a ruleset that rapes the game they enjoy is ludicrous, and etf2l got the audience it chose.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I just want to add one thing, I still don’t have quite a few unlocks… at this point the drops really don’t make up for the amount of weapons there are and I have less than zero interest in trading.

I think I got the stuff I would need, ie gunboats + Equalizer, but for example I have no idea how long it will take me to get the new RL…

shdwpuppet

Quoted from CrashSite

I just want to add one thing, I still don’t have quite a few unlocks… at this point the drops really don’t make up for the amount of weapons there are and I have less than zero interest in trading.

I think I got the stuff I would need, ie gunboats + Equalizer, but for example I have no idea how long it will take me to get the new RL…

Damn crash, is there a game you /dont/ feed in?

Honestly, this isn’t that big of an issue (though is getting bigger the more they update) since the prospect of allowing all the items isn’t there, I think that the only unlocks being seriously considered are gunboats/escape and maybe a few other, mostly aging, items.

Paul

CotC

Quoted from Snyyppis

fuck I’m honestly thinking about buying an inflatable balloonicorn why do you do this to me valve………………………………

I did, I regret it now but when it comes in the post I will probably be happy!

Yuki

Quoted from Setlet

[…]

May I ask if you have ever actually played in Vanilla ruleset? I just find it more enjoyable, after playing 3 seasons using unlocks. I don’t think it’s rocket science to like or not to like it. I think the majority here in ETF2L like the vanilla ruleset and thus it’s the current ruleset in ETF2L.

I don’t think these useless arguments solve anything or change people’s opinions. Although I admit that new teams have never had the chance to play in Cinnamon (unlocks) ruleset, but I don’t see how they could test them in action to make out their opinion.

Yes. I have actually played in a few competitions in Australia where we had a near vanilla ruleset. Most people were “fine” with it, but there was that spark missing that all the current unlocks allowed. That’s what it boils down to really (well, that AND the different strategies and such involved with said unlocks).

Quoted from Monkeh

Yuki, of course I read it all, after watching some awesome tennis, unlucky Nadal, you got served…ermm, yeah, and I ALWAYS have an open mind.

I fear your medic-centric assessment of mine own assessment, might just be painfully close to the truth.

As mentioned in the post above your mighty tome, I also fear my open, but also feeble and fickle mind, may be wobbling under the deluge of current posting activity.

Did I hear confirmation of almost definite fold of epsi and infs after i46? Does this mean, technically and in all respects that matter, the ACTUAL top-tier of EU TF2 shall no longer exist, should this be true, (very sorry for any embarrassment should it not), then they can’t rage quit the league and it can all be rebuilt with considered, careful and quality unlock decisions?

Gogo some kind of panel with top players to div 6 to retired to casters and programmers and spectators galore…see if we can’t reverse the EU decline where other scenes appear to be living a reverse situation.

Mebbe….dunno.

Edit: Oh yeah, and bollox to quitting if stuff changes, freakin enjoy TF2 too 2 twoo much for that emo shit.

I thank you for actually going through all my posts in response to yours. I don’t want to come off like a complete asshole or anything – it’s just my wording of some of my sentences can be poor at times (mostly attributing to the whole posting wall of texts at 6am deal).

It’s a shame to hear that a lot of the top teams may possibly disband after i46, and that, by the sounds of things, they “need” to die for the game to change :/.

It’s good to see that even if unlocks WERE changed, you love the game too much for it to make you want to quit – ALL PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE THIS ATTITUDE AND BE OPEN TO CHANGE!!

Last edited by Yuki,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Choose 1

Admins make bad decisions, incorrectly read community attitude at that time etc
Community is upset and decides not to play in a league they wont enjoy (read: sign up choice)

If only that was what happened; instead, everyone DID sign up, and only then realised their candy was gone.

Quoted from Chaplain

im glad your opinions no longer represent those of the admin panel

It never did; we.. I mean they.. have discussions where everyone chips in their opinion. Not one single person can shape the league single-handedly. Also if that one post renders me incapable of performing an admin role, it appears you are terribly misinformed as to what exactly it is that admins do.

Oh and just as a side note, I wasn’t saying I agreed or disagreed with the argument, just pointed out it was poorly supported by the link posted.

For the record, I am very much in favour of a vanilla ruleset. I didn’t agree with cinnamon either but it was a good step forward.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

If only that was what happened; instead, everyone DID sign up, and only then realised their candy was gone.

What? Most of the top teams didn’t even sign up in the first place.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

What? Most of the top teams didn’t even sign up in the first place.

The table clearly says “premiership”, it is full of teams, and the majority of it has “dropped” behind their name.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »