Forum

Your Clan TF2 Suggestions for Valve - Important!

Created 25th February 2009 @ 09:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

200 hp is more than cancelled out by a bigger hitbox and slower run speed. Rocket jumps are nowhere near as versatile as sticky jumps, which can go literally three times farther, soldiers half kill themselves at close range and are virtually useless at long range. I don’t want all classes the same, but I do want balance.

codcrille

Fresh.

Change the amounts of ducks while in air from 1 to 2.

Buck

Make rockets ALWAYS go through team mates, fucking annoying to shoot a rocket and get it blocked by wandering team mate. Reduce self damage back to 40%. Lower rocket jump health consumption, fix croutch jump. Make more 5 point cp maps. Proper dual core support. Sandman nerf/change.

Your vision of soldier is far from balanced Fragga. I agree with reducing self damage and maybe slightly adjusting rocket distance fall off. Rocket jumps are fine, solly’s running speed is fine.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Fragga, you say that rocketjumps are far from as versatile as stickyjumps? How many demomen do you see stickyjump in the middle of a fight to gain temporary higher ground? And soldiers also take 40% reduced damage from their rockets, while demos only get 25% reduced damage, *and* they have less health to jump with initially, as well. So yes, jumps have to be set up, and do more damage. But at the same time, yes, the demo jumps farther.

But it seems like you only see the benefits and not the drawbacks.

Edit: Also, an addition to the list is that I’d like to see the pyro optimized so he’d be more useful competitively.

wiZZard

EC!
EC!

I’d like to add STV servers to my favs. Also, fix STV to show the correct unlockable weapon. Finally, consider adding a simple IRC client (similar to adding the Web-Tab).

Renegade

Imperial

New idea: drastically change the dynamic of the engineer to cater more to active engineers, whilst reducing the effectiveness of campy engineers.

First change: reduce the consumption of metal to all buildings, through build metal as well as upgrade metal. Keep the 200 metal constraint. For example 80 metal for level 1 sentry, 100 to level 2 it, 140 to level 3 it. 60 metal for a dispenser. 70 metal for teleport. 80 to level 2 these, 100 metal to level 3 them.

Second change: reduce the effectiveness of these buildings at each level, so that a level 1 sentry does less damage/ pushback than the current model, level 2 will be stronger then a current level 1, but clearly less powerful than a current level 2. Same for level 3, as well as dispenser. Teleports are fine at level 1 tbh, but reduce the time recharge on level 2 slightly, and level 3 by a second as well.

Third change: change the functionality of the sentries targeting. Atm if an enemy is in range of a sentry, and in any Line of Sight, the sentry will target and then shoot.
My suggestion is to add a third requirement: force the sentry to have the target within its cone of view that it pans round, or it wont auto target.

Fourth change: add functionality to an engineers right mouse, that allows the engineer to turn the sentries aiming, allowing him to point it elsewhere so the sentry can target flanking enemies, if the engi is paying attention.

Why?

Overall the engi requires too little input from the player beyond placing the sentry, something that is mostly decided before the engi has even spawned.

These changes would reward active engineers, by allowing weak, but less expensive buildings, so that engies can go out into battle, behind the front lines, get a couple of buildings up, and maintain them or go back to metal.

The sentry targetting change forces engineers to move around their sentry, keeping it alive with more than just meleeing it. Good engies will be significantly more interesting than weak engies, because they would be quicker to respond, they could pre-move their sentries aiming, through prediction or good calls, and it doesnt inhibit on their basic aiming skills. Just M2 as well as M1 if the enemy is in sentry range and you are using your shotgun.

Terrible public engineers are forced to use a bit more intelligence, are generally weakened if they sit at the final cap, level 3ing everything and waiting for their team to start getting steamrolled.
The engi that goes to middle with his sentry and dispenser will be much more useful.

The sentry targetting change also means any class can deal with a sentry if they play well enough, not just demomen and spies. (This flaw was why scouts were seen to be so weak on maps like goldrush, when they werent, there was just an overflow of engineers and sentries, that scouts couldnt deal with).

Pow.

Funkeh

DStM

You mean introduce a new, more skillful playstyle to ENGINEERS?! My brain just melted :(

I agree totally though, not so sure about having to change its firing arc as that prompts the Engineer to always be next to the sentry. Even though it may indeed encourage a more active engineer to utilise the sentries maximum capacity; I thought the idea of these changes were to encourage a more mobile playstyle? Agree with the changes just a bit of conflicted interests.

Renegade

Imperial

Valve have clearly said they want engineers to be tied to their buildings.
This was the purpose of the Sapper in the first place.

Funkeh

DStM

whilst reducing the effectiveness of campy engineers…..

These changes would reward active engineers…. so that engies can go out into battle, behind the front lines, get a couple of buildings up, and maintain them or go back to metal.

….. forces engineers to move around their sentry, keeping it alive with more than just meleeing it.

…….Terrible public engineers are forced to use a bit more intelligence, are generally weakened if they sit at the final cap, level 3ing everything and waiting for their team to start getting steamrolled.
The engi that goes to middle with his sentry and dispenser will be much more useful.

Ok, read through again and saw that you intended more input from the engineer whilst sitting around his SG, rather than him leaving the SG for extended periods of time. I think that while I am reading these changes thinking that it still wouldn’t draw me to play this class unless I was off my head, I am forgetting the fact that the fundamental playstyle of the engineer is against my inclination to play a more mobile class, thus I shouldn’t be looking for a change to entice me towards picking up this class :S

However I do think that these changes are warranted and necessary in order to maintain about 1/4 of the public population’s interest in the future of this game.

Stratte

eXhale |

feels like i have to +1 those engi changes (assuming the buildables have the same health as before)

Renegade

Imperial

I forgot a little bit, the sentry should target enemies outside of the cone of view, if they are extremely close.

So that spies and strafing arent too effective.

Pretend its a sound thingy ^^

UniversalSnip

I am not a euro but I cannot resist

– Turn random damage spread off entirely by default
– Cap charged bodyshot damage at 125
– Add cp_freight
– Add pl_frontier
– Add cp_resonance
– Fix freight spawntimes at last point
– Add a bunch of astonishingly awesome new push maps
– Stop teammates from blocking rockets and sniper rifle shots
– Turn sitting out in arena off by default
– Add cvar to turn off first blood bonus
– Give medic disguise an ubercharge meter
– Make cloaked spies more visible to their teammates
– Replace the sandman with a more sane, palatable unlock
– Add team bubbles for sapped enemy sentries
– Turn on deadtalk w/o a mod or whatever
– Add an alltalk key so the server can effectively be both
– Make crits from the back a core pyro ability (ie permanent backburner)
– Unlock the unlockables
– Make flamethrower afterburn correspond to time spent flamed (not a nerf for players who aim, severe nerf for those who do not)
– Add some kind of pyro movement skill
– Half airblast ammo cost and reduce cooldown
– Tighten pyro shotgun spread
– De-randomize shotgun and scattergun spread
– Make spawn doors push away stickies upon opening
– Add new loading screen tips
– Add all these, except for #2 http://forums.steampowered.com/forum…d.php?t=770554 and removing weapon levels
– Add netcode improvements from latest version of hl2dm promod
– Add option for hitsounds
– Multicore support
– Fix natascha for real
– Make the sandvich the alternate fire on the fists
– Remove minigun spindown time
– Fix ‘phantom crits’ with continuous fire weapons
– Give kill credit for fall damage kills
– Change fastlane spawn/cap times again
– Add the option to edit keys for secondary abilities separately
– Add the option to edit disguise kit keys
– Reduce upgrade costs for level two and three teleporters to 125 metal
– Standardize grenade ricochet
– Make autobalance switch the last player to join who has not yet been autobalanced
– Replace the ‘no crits’ drawback on the blutsauger with “-1 to passive hp regen”
– Add a server blacklist
– Add a CVar to turn off freeze cam
– Change fov_desired to a max of 110
– Reduce sticky launcher clip size to 6
– Make direct hit grenade damage a static number instead of being calculated via the splash area so it doesn’t take 2-3 nades to kill an unhealed soldier for no apparent reason
– Call them the “sticky launcher” and “grenade launcher” since valve seems to be in disagreement with everybody else over what a pipe launcher is

Funkeh

DStM

Basically, yeah the majority of the things Slip suggested.

Riemu

element //

lots of useless / not really good stuff in quat slip suggested

but also lots of really good stuff

i totally second that:

– Fix natascha for real
– Make the sandvich the alternate fire on the fists
– Remove minigun spindown time

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »