Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 52 53 54 ... 73 Next »

omrish

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

Can it record my sexy voice? Will it activate my webcam and take pictures of me sitting naked in front of my pc?

I doubt it…:P

i wish he would

envy

Quoted from fraac

I think you’re confusing hypocrisy with privacy concerns. The server owner already knows everything you see while on their server, apart from your hud, which shouldn’t matter unless you’re cheating.

Why would random server’s admin wanted to know about my HUD?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

So they could tell ETF2L and Valve that you were cheating.

envy

Quoted from fraac

So they could tell ETF2L and Valve that you were cheating.

Do m0rehud says I am cheating or not?

Last edited by envy,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Only if they added an element that looked like you were using a wallhack. It’s moot now because X22 will remove the “XRadar4.0” bit and make the ESP stuff visible only when you push a key. Security through obscurity is bad in principle but you do what you can. I think Anakin was careless in revealing this rather than quietly working with etf2l.

edit: though if he’s sure that Valve will patch his ability to take screenshots, I can see the point of a single, large, ‘sting’ type operation.

Last edited by fraac,

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

we should’ve never trusted anakin
http://pastebin.com/2qbRKh3R

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

So…the solution is simple actually. If you don’t mind having this plugin on your server you just install it, anakin gets the screens (hail our new overlord). Don’t inform the enemies of this plugin and bust people if they are hacking. Yes, ETF2L will probably state that the data has been collected ‘illegitimate’ and therefore not not use it. Hence is why you post it on the forums so the community itself will spit out those people. (I wonder what would happen if you refuse to play a game vs one opponent collectively in a single div.)

ash

(Legend)
:D

… and then some faggot comes along, posts a photoshopped picture where there’s a few words in the top left corner and boom, you’re a cheater.

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from SiTeHBu0mbb

So…the solution is simple actually. If you don’t mind having this plugin on your server you just install it, anakin gets the screens (hail our new overlord). Don’t inform the enemies of this plugin and bust people if they are hacking. Yes, ETF2L will probably state that the data has been collected ‘illegitimate’ and therefore not not use it. Hence is why you post it on the forums so the community itself will spit out those people. (I wonder what would happen if you refuse to play a game vs one opponent collectively in a single div.)

what if all the outcast hackers make their own team and then expand into tb-style colour extension versions and take over every division

octochris

(0v0)

The real danger of this: people will fake screenshots to “out” players they don’t like, most people will believe them.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Can’t any shot just be checked against the original that AnAkIn will have?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Monkeh

Can’t any shot just be checked against the original that AnAkIn will have?

Even if we assume that all screenshots he gets are “verified” somehow, there’s no way Anakin has an infinite amount of storage space. Eventually he will have to remove some screenshots to continue.

That said, there’s no way (I can think of) for Anakin to determine legitimate screenshots from fake ones. A malicious server could send fake screenshots (even if Anakin is doing some kind of signing/whatever, this can be easily circumvented by modifying the screenshot itself before transmission). If Anakin were to deny this as being possible I’d quite happily take a look at doing a proof of concept.

Last edited by octochris,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Even if we assume that all screenshots he gets are “verified” somehow, there’s no way Anakin has an infinite amount of storage space. Eventually he will have to remove some screenshots to continue.

That said, there’s no way (I can think of) for Anakin to determine legitimate screenshots from fake ones. A malicious server could send fake screenshots. If Anakin were to deny this as being possible I’d quite happily take a look at doing a proof of concept.

This is true. AnAkIn has *zero* protection against people faking screenshots. Just like people faked triggerbot detections when it came out. Aka security by obscurity. (RE his anticheat, find url he uploads to, send bogus information).

The whole thing so far has relied on the fact that nobody new about it (and therefore the chance of someone faking a screenshot is very low) but now that it’s known I’d by more careful with believing new detections.

Quoted from dodgydogman

For example taking a screen shot of someones video game is totally ok. However, If they had their overlay on and were having a private convo, that would be messed up. Surely something like that is possible with this system, which is why I dont think its really ok.

It’s a regular screenshot as if taken with the ‘jpeg’ command. Try it, it will not capture any overlay.

Last edited by Casual,

Askior

swimp

That’s maybe why anakin should stop getting screens for now. He do a real good job, and will catch some cheater, but as people noticed this, now they’ll take care of it.
The suprise effect is the way to catch cheater. Try another thing and get mass of retard anakin. And don’t go to the dark side :D

Last edited by Askior,

Mommy

who is?
CGAY&BB

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

If it is possible and desirable to gather information via a sever side plug-in installed on a TF2 server and then use this information maliciously for personal gain or anything else…THEN IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO YOU SO MANY TIMES IT NO LONGER MATTERS.

If I punch just enough people in the face it becomes OK?

It is a well known fact that a server collects certain information about users. However in this case said information was transmitted to a third party without users consent.

Last edited by Mommy,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 52 53 54 ... 73 Next »