Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 43 44 45 ... 73 Next »

atmo

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Not really.

1. What valve did is give tremendous power to the server over clients. Servers can request any file they desire (with some restrictions on file extension) JUST so your client can upload your spray. Why Valve didn’t limit this function JUST to upload sprays is beyond me.

2. There is an exploit involved in making the actual screenshot. Remember a long time ago (still possible in l4d(2)) where servers can run any command on your client? Well Valve suposedly fixed that in the orange box because (act surprised!) it was abused. AnAkIn is using an exploit to bypass this restriction.

3. Looking at all the client->server exploits that used to exist I can only imagine how many server->client exploits there are. I wouldn’t be surprised servers can take full control over your computer just by joining a server.

so what, you’re saying valve are bad coders

wrock

vier

orange box engine was bad coded, so they fixed it up in l4d
but never was implemented in tf2…for whatever reasons…

also there was something about dx8 support?

NoJu

8D

Quoted from wrock

orange box engine was bad coded, so they fixed it up in l4d
but never was implemented in tf2…for whatever reasons…

also there was something about dx8 support?

I believe the newer source engine thingys don’t support Dx8, and they don’t want to drop it from TF2 so people can run it.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from atmo

[…]

so what, you’re saying valve are bad coders

Yes.

kaidus

WiK?

How was it an exploit to exec commands on a client. There was a command designed for specifically that purpose :/.

Ghost Killer

ghp.

Really grate job Anakin.

If someone doesn’t want to risk in playing on a sever with this plugin, rent your on server and stop complaining.

Even though posting the screenshots here is not the best idea, it helped me to know about it too. I am from brazilian community (south america) and I (and noone around here, in our own leagues) would never know about this amazing feature if it was given only to the ETF2L admins.

Please, keep this AC as stealth as possible, do not make the server announcing that you are using any anticheat.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from kaidus

How was it an exploit to exec commands on a client. There was a command designed for specifically that purpose :/.

Yep and it’s limited to the following commands for security: http://pastebin.com/C11jV5Qh

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

*snip* (deleteme?)

Last edited by Casual,

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from emb

I deleted several posts. While the screenshot feature may be trivial to disable, I’d prefer you didn’t post how-tos for obvious reasons. Let’s make the most of it while it lasts, which won’t be for long, for the reasons Skyride listed.

Apologies if this comes up as aggressive censorship to anyone, that’s not my intent.

This is interesting. Does this mean that ETF2L are supporting the plugin?

Wiper

idd.

Quoted from ondkaja

It’s not like you are exposing your dick anyway.

WHAT? FUCK, WHAT SERVERS IS THIS PLUGIN ON AGAIN?

Quoted from Jude

[…]because he’s found a few cheaters in a dying game.

I agreed until you fucking trashed the content of the message.

Last edited by Wiper,

tR.Moose

Hey, I’m one of the UGC Admins, and I added you to discuss one or two of the screenshots you captured of xRadar cheaters.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from tR.Moose

Hey, I’m one of the UGC Admins, and I added you to discuss one or two of the screenshots you captured of xRadar cheaters.

By making this post you have made the first steps in your long epic adventure to discuss one or two of the screen shots. Although your quest maybe long and daunting I believe you can persevere.
Good luck.

My concern from all this is formal consent as currently anikin is trying to be a basement black knight.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

http://www.gamedeception.net/threads/25238

from wav:

Ah, so now they’re uploading screenshots again? I remember this from goldsrc days. Hook snapshot and lol all the way to the bank.

tR.Moose

Quoted from Si^

By making this post you have made the first steps in your long epic adventure to discuss one or two of the screen shots. Although your quest maybe long and daunting I believe you can persevere.
Good luck.

No adventure here, I’d just like to discuss and get some more info on a few screenshots

minimoose

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
I thought you were different..

I am, mine is custom and blinging

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 43 44 45 ... 73 Next »