Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 38 39 40 ... 73 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from Spike Himself

Fine, don’t answer.

TC servers are herby no longer running this plugin.

so i heard TC servers are cheater friendly from now on

Last edited by AnimaL,

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from Casual

From a hack POV this is incredibly easy to avoid, as usual anakin is relying on the secrecy to catch as much as possible cheaters by surprise. If this was announced I’m pretty sure Matnum & others would have stopped cheating (for a while).

Also this is boomeh all over again. Remember back then? he only used a radar he said. Well turns out he was using much more. He got caught triggerbotting too. But it’s ok, he’s a nice guy (and not banned).

Nace was undeniably cheating too, still not banned. (although I blame this one on AnAkIn’s failure to work with etf2l).

I’m also surprised so many cheats are so lazy to take basic prevention methods. I mean it’s *really* easy to prevent your hax from getting screenshotted from how anakin is doing it.

That’s the one thing i’m disappointed with, couldn’t he wait a bit more to catch more cheaters before announcing this

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Not sure what everyone is whining about, ESL got millions of members who don’t complain about ESL anti cheat client as it monitors your memory, takes ingame screenshots and uploads them. Now you are whining about the one and best anti cheat client over TF2 because it takes your screenshots and uploads them? Also ESL forces users to use their client, why are you saying “what if I don’t want that anakin’s plugin?” Grow some balls already..

AnAkkk

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]
No, you don’t get it. What you are suggesting is like not using the internet, because Google and Facebook are on there…

If I really wanted to dodge Google and Facebook, I could do that. I could block their tracking cookies, I could install stuff to avoid it. I cannot avoid a 3rd server plugin server side if I do not know it’s installed.

[…]
What’s to bypass if it takes screenshots via Source?

There are many other things that could be bypassed, like the triggerbot detection.
And you don’t want people to know how I am doing unless you want to have a server admin exec unbindall when you join a random server, and have Valve block it as well.

AnimaL

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

That’s the one thing i’m disappointed with, couldn’t he wait a bit more to catch more cheaters before announcing this

it would become rather obvious to server owners if there already is 1GB of screenshots from single server in just one week

Last edited by AnimaL,

envy

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

If the guy installed something on your computer that takes your private data

Yeah, haha, he installed TF2. Didn’t read any further.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]it would become rather obvious to server owners if there already is 1GB of screenshots from single server in just one week

fair enough, still that’s more cheaters caught in one go than ever which makes it ok

AnAkkk

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]it would become rather obvious to server owners if there already is 1GB of screenshots from single server in just one week

That, too. And some would probably notice the screenshots in their resource folder.

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]
And you don’t want people to know how I am doing unless you want to have a server admin exec unbindall when you join a random server, and have Valve block it as well.

Wait, what are you trying to imply here? Be as clear as you can be.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]Wait, what are you trying to imply here? Be as clear as you can be.

A server sided plugin can execute any kind of Source command on your local client, you fool, and that’s about the extent of what a plugin based on the SDK can achieve from across the Internet. Can we please cease to ignore the obvious stuff regarding security?

Rdios

REVERTO

Plugin is only active when you play on a server with the plugin and people are like: OMG HE IS ABUSING MY PRIVACY OMG I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY YOU DO WITH MY COMPUTER EVEN THOUGH IT ONLY WORKS WHEN IM IN A GAME WITH SOURCE ENGINE(or only tf2?) OMG TELL ME OTHERWISE I WONT USE IT OMG YOLO

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]
Can’t agree more. There are quite a few red flags here:

– Anakin says: Plugin only takes clientside screens, no insight in how he does this? Why don’t you just make it opensource? Other people can help you, overall it will improve.
– No way of blocking it, nor any warning. If you dislike Google, Facebook or any other sort of privacy intrusion website, you can choose not to use it. I don’t know when this plugin is installed … So I can’t get around it.
– All the screens/data go back to Anakin alone right? Yeah, major red flag there.

How can you all just sit here and act like “OMG BEST THING EVER, THX ANAKIN” :/ I am not claiming Anakin is stealing all my gay prons but by being so obscure I can’t really say you’re legit either.

He already said how it takes screenshots.
Your client takes the screenshots and uploads them, you have them yourself as well, not just anakin.

Wtf is the point in using an AC plugin if you can block half of it?

Kerch

Quoted from cookye

http://cookye.pingtimeout.net/meatshot.rar

screenshots from pingtimeout dm server if someone wants to go cheater hunting

God dammit

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29256607/oops.png

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

So, someone who has worked on an anti-cheat system for a long time catches out hackers and everyone complains about it?

Nice

blind

popkõrns

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
A server sided plugin can execute any kind of Source command on your local client, you fool, and that’s about the extent of what a plugin based on the SDK can achieve from across the Internet. Can we please cease to ignore the obvious stuff regarding security?

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ plez

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 38 39 40 ... 73 Next »