Forum

Looking to be Sponsored

Created 4th April 2012 @ 19:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I find Enefs list vastly optimistic.
Drop it back about 3 divisions for the truth.

trams

-><-

Most orgs/sponsors wants to be seen, A LOT, the results is secondary if you dont participate in as many leagues and cups as possible.

Sponsors wants money back, you are the sponsors billboard, to sell their product you must be as visible as possible.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Admirable

I find Enefs list vastly optimistic.
Drop it back about 3 divisions for the truth.

agreed, in an ideal world where our shitty cartoon shooter could hit stream numbers per player that LoL and SC2 do then my list would be closer to correct. I edited my post to bold the part where i point out tthat the list is there specifically as things think teams should be able to get.

Also Trath, it seems like you’re being condescending but still thanks for the words, i spent a great deal of my short time in an org talking with the owner about esports and trying to learn about the business side of things.

Angel: i’ve always been very impressed with the amount of time, money and effort you put into the game, you spend your money on eSports because of your love for the game and thats very admirable. Most major orgs in games know they will never make their money back but teams and players often don’t realise this.

Last edited by Enef,

Tearmisu

We don’t even need a server. We have one. We just want to be part of a community :)

Leif

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

I sponsor teams so that I can have friends in mumble.

True story.

Seriously; I pay for everything myself, and there is no income. Not even a nomination in the people’s choice thingy.

+1.
You definitively deserve my vote in the people’s choice thing!

Enef, you’re argument is good but you dont keep in mind that most team in TF2 that have a sponsor/want to be sponsored because they cant/wanna buy a server on their own (students?) and because they want to know new people to play with.
Obvsly if they are high div they also look for all the things you rightly listed.

And if eSports teams do it only to have results, community do it only to have their pub server be known and full and to have more people to play with in fun.

When i was in pMp (div 5d) we just wanted someone who could pay a server for us because we were all 17 so we could’nt afford to do that on our own. We didn’t demand nothing else obvsly although pMp is a top team in Italy (but we knew one of the manager, lol).

So the fact is: yes, they can still be sponsored because they are keen and cant give results in high div. They even don’t need a server as they said so why they should find a community?

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

We started at div5 and found a sponsor that would gave us a free server / mumble. They even paid a hiperz server for 40 euros when we were like div4-5. Now I’ve switched teams as we dropped and I’m in Dynamic and my sponsors followed me also. Even though they are not having a main sponsor atm.

All I want to say is, when you are lucky, you can get a good sponsordeal without being at the top. But if you are div 3- 6, you only really need a server and mumble rigth?

Brainmaster

ps: Go check them out at http://www.divi5ion.org :)

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

everyone saying that a team of (min) 6 people can’t afford a server -for whatever reason- is full of bullshit.

Trell

|UKCS|

Nice post Enef, props for taking the time to write and format.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3