Imperial

cp_junction is a very good map imo.

Bun

GM

To many people on the site at once. >_o

kolox

obs.

Yeah, I cant get on the site :x
I remember on gotfrag loads of people were complaining about junction being included in CEVO map picks.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Bauhaha.

I remember Watchtower, don’t recall junction though

pah, arena.

Randdalf

(0v0)

They describe it very accurately “long sightlines”. Luckily, no one plays arena.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

ctba to make a new map? just lame to take average community maps tbh. freight FTW

F2

Danmark

I’m sure they have made new maps to their new game mode. ^^

Jonni

[FB]

I am actually quite happy with the choice of community maps on this one. a gravelpit-like map has been asked about for ages and arena_watchtower is a type of arena map we didn’t have before (in the official maplist).

i’m happy with this part of the update :)

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

yeah ofc they will :D

still, wouldnt hurt with a new 5-cp map :p

lets hope the ff contest brings a good one :D

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Junction is deeply flawed. It’s super cramped even for 6v6 (gonna be hilarious on 32 player pubs) and is a maze of choke points, so explosive spam wins the day. It also has really low ceilings so you can barely rocket/sticky jump anywhere. It’s so tiny that sniper is 100% useless on it too.

American leagues tried it in competitive play and dumped it pretty quickly. A common strategy for offense is to build a SG behind one of the exit doors and it covers the entire A or B point already.

It also has Fastlane-esque problems with C, it’s really difficult to take and you can defend it from spawn. A & B are basically impossible to hold because they’re literally right next to where the offense spawns.

So imagine a Gravel Pit where all you do is defend a ground-level C right next to the spawn doors, you can’t viably defend A or B, you can’t rocket jump or double jump anywhere meaningful, and the spawn times are wonky. That’s Junction.

Renegade

Imperial

Some whacko on steamforums is claiming that there will be a third custom map released as well. If you go over the latest update entry you’ll see there is nothing going against that, like “our 2 custom maps with this update will be …”. Its only 2 maps listed; nothing is actually said.

Jowy

Watchtower is a horrible map. D:

rtan

-9w-

No freight?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »