Forum

How to Help TF2

Created 12th March 2012 @ 17:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

blind

popkõrns

no, 98% of the unlocks are utter garbage designed for public players that like flashing screens giving permanent crits because some random fat kid misclicked his W button and instead tossed some jar of god knows what on his teammates.

tl;dr no, it should be only gunboats, maybe eq and thats it. (MAYBE SOME ULTRA COOL SUPER UNLOCK I DONT KNOW ABOUT SINCE THERES LIKE 3193 WEAPONS IN THE GAME)

Mark

Phase

Baby blind?

ondkaja

IKEA

allow more unlocks

rytis

PrettyGay

do a rule, when an official is played both teams could agree to allow this unlock or that to avoid this unlock shit which is getting kinda old now.

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from blind

no, 98% of the unlocks are utter garbage designed for public players that like flashing screens giving permanent crits because some random fat kid misclicked his W button and instead tossed some jar of god knows what on his teammates.

tl;dr no, it should be only gunboats, maybe eq and thats it. (MAYBE SOME ULTRA COOL SUPER UNLOCK I DONT KNOW ABOUT SINCE THERES LIKE 3193 WEAPONS IN THE GAME)

This is exactly the type of communist mindset that is killing 6v6. Right now it’s just one huge circlejerk dictated by some jackasses who screwed us over by whining about unlocks and then quitting the game anyway. Big ups to the prem from a year or so ago.
I don’t want to turn this into another unlock debate but Ima say just this: allow unlocks, bring more players. Let the oldfags leave. They’re gonna do it anyway UNLESS they actually see through the veil and realise that to truly be the best you have to overcome certain obstacles and evolve. The game always changes. If you’re good, you adapt. If you’re a random shitter, you cry and go play Brink.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

While unlocks may be a part of this, I don’t want this just turning into a unlock debate.

Please also discuss the other points.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from CrashSite

While unlocks may be a part of this, I don’t want this just turning into a unlock debate.

Please also discuss the other points.

CrashSite, you saw on the SPUF thread what kind of dribblers the TF2 community consist of. “No random crits dumbs the game down, if you get hit by one you are not good” and “The GRU is balanced cause both teams can run it” is what people think about this game. Catering the pub community is like trying to convince a pure Quake Clan Arena player that Duel takes more skills than Clan Arena.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well the response that NA got from Reddit was rather different. SPUF are die-hard pubbers, so it might be good to refer to Reddit instead.

Sketch

MM

ok well na allows unlocks and they have the same lack of people playing comp so thats not the problem.

the second this turns into am unlocks debate you will loose all support from the competitive community. not because they don’t want unlocks or because they don’t want change or because the “cant handle unlocks” but because they don’t want to hear this fucking unlocks discussion again.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Shitty cartoon game.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from crouton

Strong side of TF2 is the community, do local recordings on xsplit of a good and fun game and upload to youtube.

Well on that note.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUX1gROJOk

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Well on that note.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUX1gROJOk

I prefer this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxS-Knq0-Us&hd=1

Don’t know why…

Quoted from Ghostface

If you really wanna help TF2, you have to stop being elitist and egotistical assholes who doom TF2 just because some players are quitting the game. Secondly, you gotta start accepting that some unlocks have to be allowed. For variety/tactics/whatever and for attracting new players.

Imo the problem isn’t that there’s not a lot of players, the problem is that there’s TOO MANY players, but nobody’s(not a lot of people) helping them or giving them a chance to prove their worth.

That’s how I see it, atleast.

You shouldn’t need help or a chance that cant be provided by just asking someone tbh, you are never going to get rid of a bad impression and thats the same in life and TF2.

And also admitting that TF2 is dead is egotistical and elitist? personally i dont think it was ever alive, it was just fun

Not sure theres much we can do. TF2 is never going to be big because it can’t be unless valve make changes to the game to support it, doubt we really can do that much more except more of what we’re already doing tbh

Darkdwarf

[MvP]

Quoted from Chaplain

Not sure theres much we can do. TF2 is never going to be big because it can’t be unless valve make changes to the game to support it, doubt we really can do that much more except more of what we’re already doing tbh

You could cast again, mate! That would certainly make me watch! :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »