Forum

NE/IDK Newbie Mix Group - More admins

Created 7th March 2012 @ 16:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Sketch called it when it started and man he was right.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

As someone who hosted and mentored a helluvva lot back in the early days of this awesome project, I stopped mainly due to personal/selfish reasons. I used to work 4 day weeks, now it’s 5, I got some new games that need exploring, I’m trying to get me and my team good etc. I could go on.

The people who turned up to play did seem to go down in calibre as well. The early days saw uber eager newbies who listened to EVERYTHING you suggested as if it was law…it was great. The last few I was involved in did seem to be more div 6/5 mixes with people not interested in trying to learn anything or soak up some invaluable information or advice.

It still makes me happy when I see a mix starting flash up on my screen and I want to thank EVERYONE that’s ever hosted a mix, good or bad, as it’s free time that’s being given up and no-one has to do it.

I encourage anyone with some spare time and a little bit of knowledge to try hosting a few mixes from time to time, it really is very rewarding when you get a nice bunch of guys willing to listen and learn.

Long live the newbie mix cat too, that boy gonna haunt whoever killed him!

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Ok, we are getting some good mixes going, people having fun etc.

Just want 2-4 more admins to help out, just so the pressure is not on just 4 guys.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Last time i played one or these it was full of a bunch of latvians or lithuanians or something pretending to be new so they could basically double mix, have you taken measures to prevent this from happenibg?

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from Enef

Last time i played one or these it was full of a bunch of latvians or lithuanians or something pretending to be new so they could basically double mix, have you taken measures to prevent this from happenibg?

When I create mixes, I check everyone’s steam ID on etf2l to see if they’re lying about their skill level.
but its too much work to do :(.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Actually I meant to ask you about that Mercy, since you have been doing a few, are there a large amount of people with teams signing up?

Cos if you feel that we don’t need them to make up numbers I will go ahead and purge the group best I can when I get some time.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from CrashSite

Actually I meant to ask you about that Mercy, since you have been doing a few, are there a large amount of people with teams signing up?

Cos if you feel that we don’t need them to make up numbers I will go ahead and purge the group best I can when I get some time.

We need them to make up numbers, or else it’ll take an hour to set up a mix.
But the newbies are always the majority

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

We need them to make up numbers, or else it’ll take an hour to set up a mix.
But the newbies are always the majority

Ok then, tell me if it gets out of hand and I will do some cleaning <3

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2