Forum

F2 or anyone else. (Pickup Bots.)

Created 29th February 2012 @ 10:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Stimpy

Quoted from stuntz

#tf2pickup.pt uses a similar bot to F2’s :) tho Comics made some changes to it to make skill levels usable.

Seems to be dead?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Realistically could we not cheat and presume that only the top players need to have a skill weighting assigned as they are the ones causing the imbalance?

Assigning a value to prem and div1 players seems like a manageable task?

Last edited by Admirable,

Skyride

DUCS

I’d like to point out that everything suggested here requires a huge amount of sustained admin work. Even if it were a good idea, I’m simply not willing to put in the time.

The only way you can really automate a rating system is win/loss only, which means huge numbers of games which simply doesn’t happen in tf2.

Dummy

Quoted from Skyride

I’d like to point out that everything suggested here requires a huge amount of sustained admin work. Even if it were a good idea, I’m simply not willing to put in the time.

The only way you can really automate a rating system is win/loss only, which means huge numbers of games which simply doesn’t happen in tf2.

captaining doesnt take much regulation, and besides, there are other admins which are more available around skyride!

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

My Final Year Project is actually an all encompassing TF2Lobby rip-off for finding mercs, mixes, pcws and pickups with a skill weighted element and player ratings.

I should have started it in November; I’ve got like less that 6 weeks now…

Don’t worry lads, I’VE GOT THIS!

Gladdy

Quoted from Skyride

After a match, you could make every player rate their teammates on skill level at that class? Doesn’t have to be highly accurate but it would balance out the teams somewhat if you include the results of the questions in the code that makes the teams for the next pickups.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Gladdy

[…]

After a match, you could make every player rate their teammates on skill level at that class? Doesn’t have to be highly accurate but it would balance out the teams somewhat if you include the results of the questions in the code that makes the teams for the next pickups.

That still leaves too much trust in the hands of users. Also you need to work out a way of averaging out skill ratings over time which is a far more complex and innacurate solution that just doing win/loss.

http://stats.pixelgaming.eu/

Here’s the problem I see, go to player list on that site and tell me how many people have less than 15 games.

Now realise that there are 4 different classes they could play in those games and that they could be wildly different skill levels depending on which they play. Let’s be generous and assumed they played their main class in half those games, so that 8 games.

Now consider those 8 games could have been played over a period of a year in which a time a player can wildly improve.

Do you think 8 games over a year is really an accurate way to rate someone’s skill?

Last edited by Skyride,

AnimaL

yes

still better than no ballance system

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Admirable

When have you ever let us down before?

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Admirable

My Final Year Project is actually an all encompassing TF2Lobby rip-off for finding mercs, mixes, pcws and pickups with a skill weighted element and player ratings.

I should have started it in November; I’ve got like less that 6 weeks now…

Maybe you should team up with Nightbox.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

Maybe you should team up with Nightbox.

Definitively, he’s known for finishing projects on time and successfully.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4