Forum

Possible IDK website. (thoughts.)

Created 25th January 2012 @ 10:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Stimpy

http://dsltech.co.uk (work in progress.)
http://www.clan-idk.com/ (current site.)

Feedback please, or scrap both and try again?

Last edited by Stimpy,

stvv

WUL

I really like that new webpage – however that huge image box, in my opinion, is just way too big and since the image is slanted the sides of the box/images have become jagged and it doesn’t look good, the box would look better, imo, if it was straight and smaller, perhaps with edited images that are relevant to IDK rather than just random tf2 screens.

Another thing i’d change is the font(maybe) and the spacing of the menu/links whatever you wanna call it, make it so they all fix on one row which will also make it look cleaner/more “professional”.

just my thoughts, gl with your progress

Si^

T2P
[PG]

I like your idea of minimizing the site from your current one. As your current one is too clustered.
however I agree with previous comment I’m not a fan of how your site flows your main image carousel is too big. Also the Menu at the top should be one line if possible. Also your top menu seems redundant as you instantly have a side menu after the carousel with the same links. Colours seem fine.

One thing about the search box, the input box within the div is bit smaller than the div so for me in Chrome I see the active colour of the input within the div container. Not a problem just looks odd.

gl with your development.

eskimo_tim

new one looks stylish, but don’t forget the shoutbox!
my favorite part of the site

Stimpy

thanks for the constructive feedback and I agree the slideshow is to big atm. maybe a bugger to change as it is part of the template, will have a peek hopefully its just something is css sheet.

Xerofset

DMS!

The old page feels just too generic.
The new layout looks awesome, just a bit to ‘whiteish’

davesan

epx^
Panda

slideshow looks waaaay too big as others have said

could the logo be moved above the nav and the navigation links be put all in one line below?

looks much better than the xippy template

bean

isaninja

Your home and news page are the same page sans the massive pixel munching carousel

Stimpy

Quoted from bean

Your home and news page are the same page sans the massive pixel munching carousel

home and new are the same yes, because the featured items which as displayed on the front is under the new catogory. this wont always be the case!

too much orange still

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I don’t think there’s too much orange, but there’s not really any consistent variation – down the right, the members bit is blue but I can’t seem to find any other blue areas, either add some or get rid.

As everyone else – slideshow far too big.

I’d like to see maybe the IDK logo (the one you all have on avatars) on the top left? or somewhere on the right. It’s the corporate image, as it were. If I saw that on anything i’d know it’s IDK, where as without I have to read it and even then i’m not sure.

That ‘sharing is sexy’ annoys me a lot, personal preference probably but what a fucking stupid phrase :p

It does seem a bit too white and empty on some pages, where it’s just text etc. Particularly the ‘team’ page – I assume you maybe will add a bit more to that anyway, but i’d maybe either add a bit of something to that – small pics of scout/medic etc. not sure. Also, massive long page with nothing because you have to get in all the damn shit down the side = no. I do imagine that will fill up though, as you have another couple of teams iirc?

http://i43.tinypic.com/eil4if.png – consistency on there, the alignment difference is a little bit annoying too.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2illkjs.jpg – Small niggle, probably just needs moving down a few px
http://i44.tinypic.com/2usv97c.png – err, get it done smoothly perhaps

I kinda feel like there’s maybe an extra section on the right side – apart from main the new/featured pages or news if you’re going to put multiple things, you might struggle to fill the page (again, the about, teams, servers). I don’t like scrolling down for the sake of sidebars – they’re there for ease but putting everything down there starts to clutter and as I say, I don’t think you have the content for such long pages.

Someone mentioned the top links – it would be nicer on a line, but if you’re keeping two, set a table so they’re actually inline with each other (the dividers).

Just clicking from About -> Teams, inconsistency with the starting point. You have the top line divider on teams, and nothing on about. New doesn’t have the divider either. I imagine you’re trying to achieve such as the Gallery page is and it’s mostly just in progress still? If so, okay :D

I like the white account suspended title on the orange background :D

lolage

TSPAG

Yeah loving the new simple look! Simple is always best mind…

Stimpy

:) yeah love it when they suspend your account for VIOLATION SPAM.

Seems i had a virus on my pc which was spamming 1000000’s of people.

Virus has been removed so hopefully they will un-suspend my account soon, or i will just transfer host. as they have taken all of my sites down, and some were money making sites.

Last edited by Stimpy,

Loco

Mayo

when your done with that you can put your skills to use and make me a clan site
cheers :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »