TF2 Is Dead?

Created 20th January 2012 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Loco

if there offering you the chance to play and even if it goes terrible,
you will still have learned something from it, and you should have more of a positive attitude towards these oppurtunites grab hold of it and just enjoy it for what it is,
if you want to improve you will make it happen with time and effort.
peace

Oh yeah, I will do, my comment about not playing with them again was because I doubt I’ll be invited again… :/

If anyone else from these mystical and magical high divs wishes to help a scrub like myself out and ruin their own night of mixing, then please do add me and let’s go play…

I shall await the floods of friend requests that are no doubt winging their way to me right now.

AnimaL

#tf.mercs

if only high divs would l2use it

Last edited by AnimaL,

Extremer

Pug2 needs a non-NL server so I can play demoman there.

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from tSoodle

get valve to support tf2 competitive

Valve dont care about tf2, they have dota2.
Also all this “tf2isdead” and “prems are elitist pricks” got old already, seriously.

Last edited by Ordinator,

Extremer

Quoted from Ordinator

[…]
Valve dont care about tf2, they have dota2.
Also all this “tf2isdead” and “prems are elitist pricks” got old already, seriously.

Which is funny, because they probably got the most money with the least effort ever from TF2’s items. I don’t see why they don’t sponsor competitive TF2 with a measly 1 thousand dollars a month. That’s literally pocket change for them.

envy

Quoted from Extremer

[…]

I don’t see why they don’t sponsor competitive TF2 with a measly 1 thousand dollars a month.

Because sourceop regulars don’t play competitively?

HawkuBEATS

Amidst the utopia of 24/7 instant re-spawn 2fort maps I’m subject to believe the overwhelming majority of people don’t know that competitive tf2 exists and even if they did they’d find it boring because it’s mainly vanilla.
It would be quite a precarious balancing act having valve support competitive tf2. It would probably end up as a tab on the main screen and attract so much attention that the pool of competitive players would become so utterly diluted that we’d need sub-divisions resembling somewhat of an excel spreadsheet. And they’d probably capitalise on it somehow… horribly.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from HawkuBEATS

Amidst the utopia of 24/7 instant re-spawn 2fort maps I’m subject to believe the overwhelming majority of people don’t know that competitive tf2 exists and even if they did they’d find it boring because it’s mainly vanilla.
It would be quite a precarious balancing act having valve support competitive tf2. It would probably end up as a tab on the main screen and attract so much attention that the pool of competitive players would become so utterly diluted that we’d need sub-divisions resembling somewhat of an excel spreadsheet. And they’d probably capitalise on it somehow… horribly.

A large influx of bad players would in no way hurt the scene, they’d just increase the numbers in div6 and then some of them may get better and move up. Either way the top end isn’t affected in any way, and it isn’t diluted.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

I can be your pickup2 baby

If you’re not a faggot or horrendous, we’re talking div3 and upwards or maybe some sort of div4 superstar. Add me to steam and i’ll invite you to doublemixes.

I always felt our doublemixes were based more off people not being dicks or annoying or whatever than actual skill. Like don’t be annoying, don’t be silent on comms, listen and i do’t think any would mind. Except for antyy obviously cos he is an elitist fuck. All you have to do is be as good (preferably better) than illii at combat classes, this shouldn’t be hard :D

The opening doublemixes are normally alright before it turns into two retards trying to make out at like 2am.

Normally happens somewhere between after game time and 2am, sometimes earlier on fridays and saturdays

Add me up and i’ll make it happen!

(It wont be happening tonight though because i’m taking a dip in the Ocean)

hawku

AYO

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

A large influx of bad players would in no way hurt the scene, they’d just increase the numbers in div6 and then some of them may get better and move up. Either way the top end isn’t affected in any way, and it isn’t diluted.

Yarr but the average skill level would plummet and that would be fairly counter productive given the context of this entire argument.
But then again it would be a good long term investment!

eskimo_tim

tfc dead? [X]
tf2 dead? [ ]

and if tf2 did ever die it was when sandvich was released

Monkeh

Quoted from Extremer

I don’t see why they don’t sponsor competitive TF2 with a measly 1 thousand dollars a month. That’s literally pocket change for them.

Dear Robin,

My friends and I at etf2l were wondering about the possibility of Valve sponsoring the regular league season, the highlander season or even more controversially, both. Details here: http://etf2l.org/league/tables/

With the advent of the Mann Co Store delivering untold riches into the coffers, now seems like the ideal time to show some serious support for the competitive side of TF2.

How about throwing the wonderful people at the etf2l some monies to be used as prizes for their competitions? I’m sure some meaningful prize funds could be generated from a miniscule portion of the cash generated by your fabulous game and provide a basis for the continuation of TF2 in public and competitive forms for some time to come.

I look forward to your reply, even if it contains many swear words and requires me to remove myself from the vicinity.

Yours,
Paul A.K.A Monkeh

:D

Just sent that, I mean, why not…

Hat

Quoted from FIR

words

Yes i understand what you are trying to say, but when these doublemixes tend to be populated with friends (regardless of the divisions they are in…) who are playing for _FUN_ its generally a case of everyone offclassing and just not playing 100% seriously. If you want to get noticed, playing in one of these mixes early in the morning is not the correct way my friend, if you say ‘oh how am i supposed to get noticed then?’ there are so many other ways to accomplish that – which have already been highlighted in other peoples posts already.

Evil

Called it like 2 years ago

Cheers,

Byte

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Evil

Called it like 2 years ago

Cheers,

Byte