Forum

No TF2 Promode ?

Created 12th December 2011 @ 22:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

tSoodle

Promotion from Valve would help. Blizzard promotes the competitive scene alot on starcraft 2, where you see it the first thing you log in.

dauk

Quoted from tSoodle

Promotion from Valve would help. Blizzard promotes the competitive scene alot on starcraft 2, where you see it the first thing you log in.

Because sc2 is made to be competitive and tf2 is not?

vani

Bully

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Because sc2 is made to be competitive and tf2 is not?

Promotion would still help, especially since there is no ladder system or matchmaking (?? I dont play starcraft :DD ??) in TF2. Then again public TF2 is a lot different from comp bla bla bla.

I think promotion would help. Telling the visitors of the tf2 blog about etf2l or ESEA if you want to “go competitive”, sponsoring tournaments (Its not like they cant afford it) and what not.

Then again, your point is valid. I dont think valve cares too much, otherwise we’d seen stuff like that a while ago :(

ontopic: Theres no need for promode or anything like that. Id rather want a “lightweight” version of TF2, which is basicly a copy of how the game was in 2007 (+ certain medic unlocks but thats another dicussion). Hell, I could run it on my laptop, which can barely handle the startup menu nowdays.

Just play for fun and hope for the best.

dauk

Quoted from vani

[…]

Promotion would still help, especially since there is no ladder system or matchmaking (?? I dont play starcraft :DD ??) in TF2. Then again public TF2 is a lot different from comp bla bla bla.

I think promotion would help. Telling the visitors of the tf2 blog about etf2l or ESEA if you want to “go competitive”, sponsoring tournaments (Its not like they cant afford it) and what not.

Then again, your point is valid. I dont think valve cares too much, otherwise we’d seen stuff like that a while ago :(

ontopic: Theres no need for promode or anything like that. Id rather want a “lightweight” version of TF2, which is basicly a copy of how the game was in 2007 (+ certain medic unlocks but thats another dicussion). Hell, I could run it on my laptop, which can barely handle the startup menu nowdays.

http://youtu.be/_E452S_fJwA
This interview basically wraps what how blizzard things about competitive esport. Either you go full pvp or not. I think valve does mostly the same and they will focus all their esport power on DOTA2, as FPS gets less and less space in esport, which is sad.

quik

vs
Fe |

green models please

kuma

The sooner you realise that trying to make TF2 a meaningful esport is futile the faster you will give up, because that’s not what this game is about. TF2 is meant to be a fun, team-based pub game and the comp scene is only a glorified, organised version of that. I mean the game isn’t even designed for 6v6 play anyway, so why would any focus be put on it? Not to mention that the game is hamstrung by undue influence from pub players. I mean what other good comp game cares about attracting pub players to the comp side?

If you’re in this game for the esport dimension of it, the sponsorship, and continued development focused on the comp side, the big crowds and massive tournaments (like MLG, GSL, Dreamhack etc.) then you will be disappointed. Move on and don’t look back. However, if you realise that 6v6 is not an esport but a fun team-based game, then you can enjoy it for what it is.

TL;DR: Too many hats in this dumb game for it to be an esport.

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Skyride

Well you go fucking make it then.

Mon

G6
gandhi is

Quoted from Greg2fram

no hats

NO WAY!

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from quik

green models please

http://images.wikia.com/cattius/images/f/fa/Green_highlighter.jpg

invest in one. You can’t go wrong. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Greg2fram

T*My
T*MyHL

First I’m gonna stop writting the “promode” word because it seems to be scarying people.

TF2 is not a competitive game. But we already play competitively on a mode : 6v6 (or Vanilla, or whatever it is named). Yes, 6v6 has an Esports dimension, even if it is not developped in massive tournaments. And it seems that Valve is not gonna help 6v6 scene, neither in cashprizes, nor in competitive game improvements.

Our game is such different of the original Team Fortress 2 (how it was thinked by Valve) that we can say it’s already a mode I think. But there is no reason to play competition on an imperfect mode… The 6v6 community could make his own 6v6 mode.

We could change importants features like damage dealing, speed, rules… And do such improvement to the game, wich is I THINK not perfect (even if it is my favorite game ever and from far). And if we think the game is perfect, then let it like it was in 2007 (+ med unlocks ;D )

kuma, you are saying TF2 is a fun-based game. But you aren’t talking about 6v6. And you can have fun playing TF2-6v6, Counter Strike, Quake and even Starcraft 2. Everybody prefer to play competition on a cool game like TF2-6v6 than on a bad “competition” game like Brink, Battlefield 3…

If we had a mode I think it would be customizable as Quake, for example if we want green models then we could have it; if we would want to see no hats, then we could make them disapear, etc… with a “fuck textures” some guys could gain maybe 30 fps ??

The hitboxes (or damage effects maybe ?) have problems with ping correction. For example sometimes when you fast shot in a scout duel, you can see all the shards on your opponent but no damage is done… It happens a lot more with snipers, you can see blood on your target without hitting him…

Finally, why are teams blue and red ? To see and differenciate people easily. If it wasn’t for this reason, we would have a brown terrorist against black police jacket. Now why are red people hard to see in front of a badlands rock and blue people in the sky ? The best way of seeing opponents is to color them in light green.

Last edited by Greg2fram,

tf2 is dead

+1 go make it

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I love how people keep on talking ‘esport’ and ‘quake’ here, even though none of those haven’t even been called upon in the original post (unless you count the green models). Not to mention none of the concepts related to those terms is required to understand how certain changes could improve the gameplay significantly.

If anything, TF2Pro would have to take care of most, if not all the most annoying glitches and bugs in the game that make people grind their teeth. The whole ‘experimenting in order to make the game interesting’ shouldn’t be any close to the top priority, as I do believe we do enjoy the game as it is.

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

Quoted from vani

Id rather want a “lightweight” version of TF2, which is basicly a copy of how the game was in 2007 (+ certain medic unlocks but thats another dicussion).

kingexe

TSPAG

Quoted from vani

[…]

Valve just aren’t interested in it. Tf2 is a pubbing/casual game. It’s designed that way. They are pushing eSports with Dota2 and to a lesser extent CS:Go, why should they bother pushing a game that hasn’t naturally developed a large competitive scene and try to force one rather than nurture games which have organically become popular competitively? It doesn’t make business sense

Spike Himself

TC

Valve did give us mp_tournament, whitelists, class limits, in-game items as league prizes, they participate in showmatches (including robin walker himself), ..

To suggest they don’t care about the competitive scene is a bit silly.

Also this whole promode thing is proposed as if it’s 15 mouseclicks and voila the whole game is changed. Sadly that’s not how it works ^^

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »