TF2 Update

Created 30th November 2011 @ 00:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

Sketch

MM

Quoted from General

[…]

Its more like

– Dramatically improved the dynamic model loading system’s memory usage, performance, and stability
– Reduced memory usage on systems running Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
– Improved alt-tab handling under Windows Vista and Windows 7
Implemented new bugs

exactly what we always hope for.

stuntz

hell yeah black screen ftw!

– implemented TF2 for blinds!

freshmeatt

‹Con›

November 30th, 2011
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
— Fixed a client crash during demo playback

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Loving the alt-tab fix, took them long enough
Now they just need to fix hitreg and splashbug and we’re good…

Skyride

DUCS

If you’re complaining about TF2 running worse after an update, you really need to get a grip.

Running a modern, FPS game at 120fps is a BIG ask, and it really doesn’t take much hardware or cost to make it happen.

http://i.imgur.com/ySx2B.png

There’s a PC for £420 that’ll run TF2 at 400fps with Chris’s maxframes (and probably even 60fps-ish with the chris’s movie config). You could probably even get it down quite a bit by buying parts from other shops and such. In the grand scheme of modern games, tf2 runs EXCEPTIONALLY well. Stop moaning that your stone age machine doesn’t run a modern shooter game at twice what your monitor is even capable of.

Last edited by Skyride,

Fixxy

[DU-R]
#WW

Quoted from Daleth

Freezes are worse now, like 4-5 seconds.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Getting a freeze 3-4 sec, then getting auto alt tabbed, can’t tab back in, can walk around in the game, hear myself shooting, others see me moving.

GG, happens every 30 mins or so, random time

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Nmx

Getting a freeze 3-4 sec, then getting auto alt tabbed, can’t tab back in, can walk around in the game, hear myself shooting, others see me moving.

Fixxy

[DU-R]
#WW

gg valve

FADe

Quoted from Nmx

Make sure you have mat_antialias set to “4” in your autoexec

Traxx

TOOSTRONG

I’ve got something different – freeze for 5s + invisible players ( nah not spies ;p )

Quoted from Kvux

Loving the alt-tab fix, took them long enough
Now they just need to fix hitreg and splashbug and we’re good…

why u always have to rage about hitreg :DDDDDD

stuntz

Quoted from Skyride

If you’re complaining about TF2 running worse after an update, you really need to get a grip.

Running a modern, FPS game at 120fps is a BIG ask, and it really doesn’t take much hardware or cost to make it happen.

There’s a PC for £420 that’ll run TF2 at 400fps with Chris’s maxframes (and probably even 60fps-ish with the chris’s movie config). You could probably even get it down quite a bit by buying parts from other shops and such. In the grand scheme of modern games, tf2 runs EXCEPTIONALLY well. Stop moaning that your stone age machine doesn’t run a modern shooter game at twice what your monitor is even capable of.

But the game is from 2007 i can run everything from 2007 to 2011 on high or ultra high with 100+ fps but not TF2 :p

wrock

vier

Quoted from Skyride

wtf youre talking about? thats nonsense

stable 400 fps in tf2? not even with a octacore -.-

Last edited by wrock,

stuntz

Quoted from wrock

[…]

wtf youre talking about? thats nonsense

stable 400 fps in tf2? not even with a octacore -.-

Im pretty sure Haunter’s pc would run it with max frames he has like 180-300 fps (on highlander) with high settings. Hes got a i7 2600k @ 4.5 with a 580 plus some evil ram

Last edited by stuntz,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »