Forum

Pledge's Stream - any ideas?

Created 5th November 2011 @ 09:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

ThePledge

Hey everyone,

With my PC upgrade done, I’m now close to actually being able to start streaming and have my own Web TV Show which I’m really excited about. As a competitive player for a long time, I’ve got some ideas lined us which I think TF2 still misses. But, obviously, with a stream/show, you want to provide the stuff the audience wants to see. So here I am, asking you all – what TF2/non-TF2 content would you like to see?

This can literally be anything. I’m thinking about doing some general TF2 casts, as well as STV demo analysis, but also the casual TF2 pubbing and League of Legends and Starcraft 2 action just for fun. I’m interested to see which ideas the TF2 competitive community seems to be missing nowadays with all the coverage already going on.

Just to let you all know, I’m talking to different ISP’s at the moment to get a proper connection for a reasonable price. I might start recording and upload some videos to YT over the next 2-3 weeks before my internet is good enough to stream, but I’m gonna have to check that out.

Any ideas for a name are also welcome ^_^

Thanks, and if you don’t want to post in here you can always find me in irc or steam to have a chat!

– Pledge

Ghostface

spire

Player interviews.

Also get that Ghostface guy

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Love to see some demo comparisons. Say a div 6, against a div 4 against a div 2 or something. Highlight how teams get it wrong or right. That would be awesome.

Good luck.

AeZ!

TP

DOTA2 casts!

You can never have too much of Dota2 :)

Also, I’d like to see those stv analyse sessions because it will be helpful for those low div players [like me]

Genmix

bobs

Quoted from Monkeh

Love to see some demo comparisons. Say a div 6, against a div 4 against a div 2 or something. Highlight how teams get it wrong or right. That would be awesome.

Good luck.

It’s hard to compare since imo the playstyles are different

Shotgun

Quoted from Monkeh

demo comparisons

^this
^this
^this

antyjc

2ne1

Don’t analyze an entire 30min stv demo on stream, that would be sooo boring. You could do analysis of parts of a demo, e.g. a team’s push onto spire, or gullywash last etc, and say what is going wrong. Could also get guests on the show from prem or div1 teams to give their input. Could do this with demo comparisons, compare a spire push from div6-2 with div1/prem.

Could have pub sessions similar to jake’n bake, go on a sever and then publish the ip so those watching could join in or something.

Talk about transfers, teams, gossip as well maybe?

As for name just keep it simple, ThePledge.tv.

JUST MY 2CENTS

atmo

Team up with NVC :)

evokje

WiK?

Player interviews like trell used to do them :)

wnk1ee

Indeed the ” TF2 Gossip,news,team news,mods,transfers,folding, new teams coming up ” would be a great thing to do. I love reading the COD 4 Gossip on TEK 9 all the time would be lovely for TF2 offcourse.

Also keep the STV’s up and maybe have some high div teams playing against lower div teams with you helping the lower div team and then have a feedback+match analyse after.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Sit in on a variety of teams in PCW’s and officials and listen to their comms and stream their games from a certain players POV etc.

Orchid

|=3

mumble interviews!
Random pubbing lololol

Si^

T2P
[PG]

discuss the meta-game

*giggles* xD

ThePledge

Thanks for the posts so far! Keep ’em coming!

Quoted from Monkeh

Yeah I was thinking about doing something along these lines. I mentor a few teams between div 3 and 6 atm, and I might just compare some of their games to eachother and show the differences in positioning, mindset and gameplay. Good idea.

Quoted from antyjc

Don’t analyze an entire 30min stv demo on stream, that would be sooo boring. You could do analysis of parts of a demo, e.g. a team’s push onto spire, or gullywash last etc, and say what is going wrong. Could also get guests on the show from prem or div1 teams to give their input. Could do this with demo comparisons, compare a spire push from div6-2 with div1/prem.

Could have pub sessions similar to jake’n bake, go on a sever and then publish the ip so those watching could join in or something.

Talk about transfers, teams, gossip as well maybe?

Analysing a team building uber in gran yard doesn’t really sound tempting to me either :P All sounds good – will take it into account. Gossip/transfers within comp tf2 seems a topic people would like to see back. What about some sort of team/lineup specific TF2 podcast/talk show?

Quoted from atmo

Team up with NVC :)

Was already thinking about this. I should chat with Ziggy sometime soon…

Quoted from evokje

Player interviews like trell used to do them :)

Got something like this already planned! I’m very interested in having something like video interviews like I did at MaxLAN for TF2TV. Written content gets so boring and long, even though it might be well written.

Quoted from Enef

Sit in on a variety of teams in PCW’s and officials and listen to their comms and stream their games from a certain players POV etc.

Like VTV used to do with Martn’s streaming? VanillaTV Direct or sth I thought it was called. I would have to think about this one, as I was mainly focussed on creating a stream that was about closing the gap between pub and comp while providing interesting content for the skilled-to-highskilled players as well.

Again, thanks so far!

– Pledge

Califax

dyn.

Best of luck Pledge, would like to see you succeed with whatever it becomes.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »