Forum

So i was just thinking

Created 19th October 2011 @ 21:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from AnimaL

acutually, come to think about it – it would mean 10min less suffering on obscure and gullywash! im all up for this awesome movement!!!

gullys sik stfu ani

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

There kind of isn’t any reason why a game of TF2 is 30 minutes. Maybe even have 25 minutes would be beneficial for the community.

It can make lan scheduling easier and you can get more matches (the standard 1 or 2 being on time).

There are a few downsides, mainly because if you had a 10 hour long game of TF2, you would decisively know the better of the two teams by the end of it. If you had a 5 minute long game, there is more chance or ‘lucking a round’ and having a worse team beat a better team. Basically… the longer a game goes on, the less chance of an upset there is, as the better team should come out on top. 20 or 25 minute games might result in a few more upset results, but then again… it’s often those results that keep TF2 exciting :)

Albert

Quoted from AcidReniX

There kind of isn’t any reason why a game of TF2 is 30 minutes. Maybe even have 25 minutes would be beneficial for the community.

It can make lan scheduling easier and you can get more matches (the standard 1 or 2 being on time).

There are a few downsides, mainly because if you had a 10 hour long game of TF2, you would decisively know the better of the two teams by the end of it. If you had a 5 minute long game, there is more chance or ‘lucking a round’ and having a worse team beat a better team. Basically… the longer a game goes on, the less chance of an upset there is, as the better team should come out on top. 20 or 25 minute games might result in a few more upset results, but then again… it’s often those results that keep TF2 exciting :)

I have been thinking about this quite a lot as well, mostly because of the benefit of shorter matches for a one night cup, but also I think 30 minutes might just be a bit to long for spectating. I guess I will have to run a cup to try it(better yet, get etf2l to do it ;))

dunc

infs
dp.

be interesting to see what happened with 20min maps actually; could always increase all games (including PCWs) to 3 maps

n00ne

Quoted from Kenny

i can’t undrestand
why in tf2 people can’t be in server on time?
in cs 1.6 2 minutes and kick

This is because in cs match irc channels theres millions of people at once looking for games of every skill level, whereas in tf2 it takes you half an hour to find a div1/2/3 match, even longer if you dont have a server or it’s not 20cet. When you finally do manage to find a game you’d rather wait the 15mins for them to get a 6th player in the server than to kick them and go look for a game all over again, which might take god knows how long.

Last edited by n00ne,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from n00ne

[…]
This is because in cs match irc channels theres millions of people at once looking for games of every skill level, whereas in tf2 it takes you half an hour to find a div1/2/3 match, even longer if you dont have a server or it’s not 20cet. When you finally do manage to find a game you’d rather wait the 15mins for them to get a 6th player in the server than to kick them and go look for a game all over again, which might take god knows how long.

If everyone had the mindset of 5 minutes to join or kick, then everything would be fine.

Then again the amount of times someone has problems with HUDs, crashes, internet, steam, piles etc. isn’t really helpful.

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Califax

Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]

go watch ur fuckin TV

dodgydogman

Panda

Hurr durr why not have 4 minute games, which removes turtling altogether as you can pretty much only get one cap in..

There is nothing wrong with 30 minutes.

Having 20 minute games would make no difference, except you would spend more time getting more games which results in shitloads more downtime. Derp

Less time doesnt mean less or more turtling. It just means the games are shorter, people will turtle if they want to run the clock down no matter what.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2