Forum

Manniversary Update 13/10/2011

Created 13th October 2011 @ 20:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Lateralus

[…]
So if you provide them with unplayable demos, does it still count?
And doesn’t that mean people can just record a demo and rename it?

It is still possible to get data from the demos (just not to watch them), and of course Valve might fix it (we would put harsh penalties on any player/team doing such a thing).

If you suspect that your opponent has given you fake demos, or demos from another game, contact me using !acadmin in #etf2l.

Last edited by octochris,

Abra

I have no any cfg or custom hud and my game crashing 2-3 times in 1 map.

Spike Himself

TC

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6563/

– Fixed a problem with recording POV demos that prevented them from being played back

Seems to suggest the problem was at the recording part, meaning that all demos from the past few days are broken :(

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Abra

Maby they will fix playback of broken demos.I hope so.

BODLAK

I hope they will fix the random crashing, happens to me only on public, but I still dont like it.

Lateralus

Quoted from BODLAK

I hope they will fix the random crashing, happens to me only on public, but I still dont like it.

Happened when we mixed on our war server today, it doesn’t appear to be randomly on clients, since 3-4 of us and 4-5 of them crashed at the same time, three times. Then we just couldn’t be bothered and we both quit.
I hope they’ll fix it soon so that it won’t affect officials.

BODLAK

Quoted from Lateralus

[…]
Happened when we mixed on our war server today, it doesn’t appear to be randomly on clients, since 3-4 of us and 4-5 of them crashed at the same time, three times. Then we just couldn’t be bothered and we both quit.
I hope they’ll fix it soon so that it won’t affect officials.

Indeed, we did one 6people client crash today aswell :D

Quoted from BODLAK

[…]
Indeed, we did one 6people client crash today aswell :D

8 people from my team in a highlander pcw tonight, and 7 people from the enemy team. All in 1 go! :D

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

30/32 people in a pub server I was on, I was one of the two remaining :D

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Demo recording is fixed now at least…

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from Monkeh

Demo recording is fixed now at least…

Tried to play one of the demos recorded during the broken period and it still didn’t work. Guess the last week of recordings are useless even with the fix?

Monkeh

We had STV demos from last week that worked…they dont anymore.

POV demo’s I recorded earlier playback just fine.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

They fixed SOMETHING in last nights update, we can but hope it was the client crashes.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

30/32 people in a pub server I was on, I was one of the two remaining :D

5000 on a superpub….

no for real we got 4 ppl crashed on obscure when middle was capped :(

Malibu Stacey™

Sir.

The client crashes “should” be fixed after last nights update. They only happened when your client had to load new models as in when a player joined the server then chose a class & spawned or a player already in game changed class or loadout. This was happening a few months back when they changed the model preloading code so TF2 uses less resources (previously TF2 used to load every model into memory regardless of whether they were needed now it only loads those which are being used in the current game) & I suspect someone at VALVe fucked up an integration between code branches which is why it’s resurfaced.

I didn’t get any time to play last night after the patch was released so I can’t confirm but the patch notes sound promising.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9