Forum

unlocks thread

Created 13th October 2011 @ 14:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Lateralus

Quoted from Skyride

div6 baddies

hey now

OT, I think the quickfix should be allowed, because there’s no real reason to ban it. It’s not OP in any way.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
crazy person.
bonk can be abused so hard (look at x6’s 16-0-0 breeze-through 2 seasons ago in ESEA, bonk was a huge part of it)

that’s fine if you disagree (i’m sure others will), but lol – that 2nd part is a ridiculous statement. i think it was more to do with their notably strong teamwork (remember the whole “blob” thing?), rather than some unlock.

besides, it wasn’t just x6 using Bonk that season, a lot of NA scouts used to run it.

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from Lateralus

[…]
hey now

OT, I think the quickfix should be allowed, because there’s no real reason to ban it. It’s not OP in any way.

yeah there’s so many weapons i’d like in just because they’re not good at all, it’d probably be easier to make a list of what i wouldn’t like allowed

Spank

Quoted from Skyride

This thread won’t achieve anything. I don’t mean even like “well it’s not going to make any of the leagues change their minds”. What I mean is not a single living person will benefit from the existence of this thread.

We’ll start on page 1 with a couple of reasonable suggestions. Then on page 2, they’ll continue for a bit, but with a few silly opinions from the usual trolls/div6 baddies. As the thread continues, a higher percentage of every new page’s posts will start to consist of these stupid, uneducated opinions.

Then at some point, someone will read a daft post and bite. Whether it be a troll looking to bait, someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about and doesn’t know it, or just someone who is actually good at TF2 and couldn’t resist the urge to tell someone they’re wrong, it’ll happen. That will then end up developing into a heated argument, with other people getting involved. Lots of insults will be thrown around, and people will get crazy angry, simply because they can’t shout at the person through a computer, nor express their opinions fully because words alone simply cannot express the intensity of them. It’s all cyclical, and it’ll just get worse, and worse, and worse.

Then we’ll end up with a horrible, off topic thread filled with lots of angry people.

And then Ashkan will lock it and we’ll all hate on him in IRC because he doesn’t even play 6v6.

Welcome to etf2l.org

Last edited by Spank,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from wpminnows

[…]

yeah there’s so many weapons i’d like in just because they’re not good at all, it’d probably be easier to make a list of what i wouldn’t like allowed

If we would have cinamon, it should be reduced to only the necessary unlocks otherwise it would be very ambiguous what would and wouldn’t be allowed.
Quick fix is pretty much useless, no overheals is such a disadvantage.
As for weapons which would actually be useful, I cant really mention anything apart from kritz, ubersaw and possibly the crossbow.
(Obviously the machina should be allowed because it’s so awesome)

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
crazy person.
bonk can be abused so hard (look at x6’s 16-0-0 breeze-through 2 seasons ago in ESEA, bonk was a huge part of it)

going off-topic here, but really? how so? (don’t really follow NA tf2 apart from looking at results)

tarquinbb

once upon a time huntsman, the end.

Wabbeh

One thing about unlocks is that there are many UP or useless weapons that could be unbanned, but there is literally no point, you just get bloated and confusing unlock rules. For example the Brass Beast is hugely underpowered, so yes, I suppose it could be useful in a tiny minority of situations, but the use would be so tiny it serves literally no purpose.

Last edited by Wabbeh,

wampee

Vanilla + equalaizer + med unlocks please :D

Dummy

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

that’s fine if you disagree (i’m sure others will), but lol – that 2nd part is a ridiculous statement. i think it was more to do with their notably strong teamwork (remember the whole “blob” thing?), rather than some unlock.

besides, it wasn’t just x6 using Bonk that season, a lot of NA scouts used to run it.

a hurr hurr. never said it was just the unlock, silly
no weapon will work if no teamwork is used for it but there are some which are a bit OP. try watching any VODs (not sure of available) or demos, quite sure commFT or MGE should have some of those up for a match with x6 anyhow, see how they use bonk

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

[…]

going off-topic here, but really? how so? (don’t really follow NA tf2 apart from looking at results)

As above take a look at how their scouts used bonk, especially on Badlands

Last edited by Dummy,

alfa

Quoted from Dummy

[…]As above take a look at how their scouts used bonk, especially on Badlands

bonk is banned from NA…

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

The peculiar thing about these threads is that noone wants to read them, yet everybody does :D

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
a hurr hurr. never said it was just the unlock, silly
no weapon will work if no teamwork is used for it but there are some which are a bit OP. try watching any VODs (not sure of available) or demos, quite sure commFT or MGE should have some of those up for a match with x6 anyhow, see how they use bonk

It wasn’t just x6 using Bonk that season, a lot of NA scouts used to run it.

Dummy

Quoted from alfa

[…]

bonk is banned from NA…

nice bait
read my first post when I said 2 seasons ago?
xoxo

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

It wasn’t just x6 using Bonk that season, a lot of NA scouts used to run it.

your point being?

Last edited by Dummy,

I personally prefer vanilla over any cinnamon but if you watch at na videos sometimes you see funny stuff like huntsman kills or this clip with the bushwacka and jarate, which is hilarious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc_3JI9KWjw so, i think that if such poeple would like to play with a more open ruleset and form it own subleague or something. But then poeple wouldn’t agree on a single concept of that. So it wouldn’t work out in the end unless you do like polls and stuff which takes a lot of organising

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »