Forum

Soldier rocket launcher, drawviewmodel Q

Created 9th October 2011 @ 13:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

mutalisk

Im trying to improve my game and I think tracking scouts is ALOT easier when u’ve viewmodels turned off, but then again I cant see if im getting ubered or not…

I would like to know how other soldiers are doing. Is it just a personal preference?

Khronus

.Dicknitas

viewmodel_fov 54

hf

Skyride

DUCS

Your screen goes blue/red around the edges does it not?

doks

how can u not know if you get ubered or not?
general gamesense ? listen to calls ?

anyway – there is no way to avoid it. Some fps configs make verything look a bit darker when you get ubered.. but those look pretty shitty tbh

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Skyride

This.

MoZz

Can’t see crit uber without viewmodels.

I don’t use viewmodels for Rl or sg. I use a shit config so I don’t have any problems knowing when I’m ubered.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from MoZz

Can’t see crit uber without viewmodels.

Iirc there’s this cracking sound when you get critted. But if you have your music louder than the ingame sounds… well, you know :D

Bonkers

dont forget you have a massive notification on whose healing you with very quickly decreasing uber percentage

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Does your team not call anything?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

He seems quite new, back off a little.

Personally I don’t use viewmodels, I don’t think most sollys do. But it comes down to personal preference.

Uber is normally clear enough due to coloured border, kritz just call for pop and look at uber % moment i drops you can fire your rockets.

wat

Quoted from Skyride

yup, even with the lowest fpsconfig available.

also i use a script which hides the rocket launcher, but shows the viewmodel for shotgun and melee

Tehgnarr

is good!

One sentence: train your triggers.

Extract the kritz sound, hide it inside your playlist on your iPod, put it on shuffle. Everytime it comes up, start wiggeling your index finger. Go prem in like a month.

but seriously though, listen to the sound, watch the screen turn blue, profit.

Last edited by Tehgnarr,

mutalisk

I had some sort of bug and I couldn’t see the borders turning red / blue, now it’s fixed.

Yeah, im quite new @ tf2 scene, so im just looking ways to improve my game, so sorry about this noobish question.

Ofc my team calls when they r ubering, but cuz i couldn’t see the borders turning blue / red I was a bit confused. Thanks for the answers.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from mutalisk

I had some sort of bug and I couldn’t see the borders turning red / blue, now it’s fixed.

Can you reproduce this bug? I’d very much like to get rid of the blue/red overlay during uber as it renders me somewhat blind to what goes on around me.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »