Created 28th September 2011 @ 04:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

glados

\\/ier ° HL

Quoted from dave

testserver is up and running again:
connect dakkagaming.com:27075

feel free to give feedback here.
also: what do you think about instagib on koth maps?

Nice.
Koth? maybe with a short captime?

Stimpy

Seemed fine on the IG designed maps. the lack of the !fov command is annoying. cannot play it personaly with 90 fov.

Rest of the issus were just cvar issues from what i could see, IE. long spawn protection.

Last edited by Stimpy,

qkls

qkls

Needs taunts.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

To all the ‘rl jump bs’ naysayers, it’s been always a part of the game, since Quake and UT, so stop whining and start utilizing it. I suggest trying turning down respawn timers to 0 to actually make it possible to defend the flag after dying though, because it is in fact very easy to just bunny hop into flagroom, pick it up and run away in one second. Just please, you know yourself that making it a cvar will turn all the public servers against the rl jump, so just pick one and stick to it. Also, remember about the sound based reload time!

Also, MNM Instagib 4v4 cup, go!

Aside from that, we need ctf_ig_ maps for this, so I’m downloading SDKs and shit, gonna have some fun with Hammer.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Ortin

Hey dats!

The bunny hop is just stupid and the maps from the old igib cup of years ago should be added to that server and the koth ones removed

lagi

best mod ever, you’re the best

hitregs seem to have some problems but otherwise seems fine, respawn times should be set considering map’s style, for example in badlands it should be pretty low considering the time needed for capping

hapha

I was expecting movement similar to warsow for some reason.
What particles are you using btw? want to remove the annoying white flash when firing.
edit: got ahead of myself, thank you and please keep at it :>

Last edited by hapha,

mimzyy

(è_é)
Otter

I’ve always loved this mod…thanks dude for bringing it back ;)

Stimpy

Quoted from Ortin

The bunny hop is just stupid and the maps from the old igib cup of years ago should be added to that server and the koth ones removed

^^ As its a dakka server, they do have the maps as me and ex and bio downloaded them all last time arround.

People mentioned the hit reg, think there maybe a slight issue with this. seems to accurate imo, like it only registers headshots or something. wired….

No crashing my end tho, and jumps seems fine. nice effects on shooting. once the !fov command is fixed this will be great.

Last edited by Stimpy,

CrancK

y0 for fov

use the code in the sp if you wanna add it to the instagib plugin, or just use the smx if you want a fov plugin that hasn’t broken since 3 months after tf2 went out of beta

.SP: http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/3920296/file.html
.smx : http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/20219894/file.html

(doesnt save it to sqlite like the old instagib did tho)

(ohw ye, ofc command for it is !fov ## with min 1 max 160)

Last edited by CrancK,

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

thanks for your feedback guys! much appreciated!

Quoted from Stimpy

People mentioned the hit reg, think there maybe a slight issue with this. seems to accurate imo, like it only registers headshots or something. wired….

it’s exactly the same as no-scoping in a normal game with the default sniper rifle. it doesn’t touch the hitreg at all :) maybe your latency or sth thwarted your hitreg.

Quoted from Stimpy

once the !fov command is fixed this will be great.

already reimplemented, tested and put on the server. :)

Quoted from CrancK

use the code in the sp if you wanna add it to the instagib plugin, or just use the smx if you want a fov plugin that hasn’t broken since 3 months after tf2 went out of beta

It has mostly the same flaws as the others fov plugins have (No min-cvar (set fov to 0…), char-by-char checking if the argument was numerical (wtf? why is everyone doing it like this?), redefining already existing defines (MAXPLAYERS), no alternative fov for right-clicking), so i rather implement this myself :) Thanks anyway.
On a side note regarding your suggestion to include the code in the instagib source: the whole mod is not one plugin, but rather sth like eleven plugins, all providing the different parts that make up instagib. And the ‘FOV’-Feature is sth that belongs in a seperate plugin, so your suggestion to just use the .smx would be the way to go. Usually that’s the preferred way and the solution to implementing complex software:

The only way to write complex software that won’t fall on its face is to hold its global complexity down — to build it out of simple parts connected by well-defined interfaces, so that most problems are local and you can have some hope of upgrading a part without breaking the whole.

from my scrap paper:
latest fixes:
* spawn time reduced
* double-jumping does not reduce a players velocity
* sm_fov default [zoomed]

todo-list for the mod:
* custom rate of fire (high)
* ig_drop (high)
* test with tournament mode enabled (high)
* test against several dm mods (+ fix if necessary) (normal)
* reimplement a clean quake announcer plugin (sound+hudoverlays) (low)

todo-list for the server:
* needs more maps made with ig in mind (and/or mapmakers)
* adapt spawntimes to maps (hardcoded? or do a “distance between spawn and capture-zone * 0.03s” or sth plugin).

Last edited by dave,

CrancK

sure, whatever floats your boat ;)

hapha

Quoted from hapha

What particles are you using btw? want to remove the annoying white flash when firing.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I haven’t read the whole thread, but if this get revived, I’ll host a couple of servers for it. Maybe one large spam fest one and one smaller one for more organised games (or even a passworded semi-public server).

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from hapha

If you are talking about the tracelines, they are the ones introduced by The Machina. http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Machina Don’t know what “white flash” you are talking about though.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »