Forum

WTF with hitbox and how to fix it?

Created 28th January 2009 @ 13:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

J3

as the nerd i am, i am writing on the cell, so it will w8 for tomorow :)
tks for the ideas.

mardur

GC

Recently I also had huge choke problems that appeared suddenly, without any changes of config/updates/drivers from my side. The effect was, that in TF2 choke increases to 50-100 (usually in situations with many enemies and particles around) then decreasing back to 0-5.

Hardware was not the problem (Q9450, HD4850, fullhd, max detail @ 100fps, never less than 60 fps) and I also tried experimenting with cl_updaterate, cl_cmdrate and rate. Also deleting and reinstalling TF2 did not help.

Finally I installed the latest ATi graphics driver and the problem was gone. I still don’t know how the graphics driver (without changing the driver or updating TF2) could cause choke problems when the fps is always above rate settings.

J3

wot are ur drivers?? I cant use the last 1s since it makes tf2 flicker in cf mode. which sucks hard but anyway I am using 8.10 I think.

xtala

The last one shold 9.1 I think, 9.2 should be relesed in a week. (one driver every month)

J3

I am kinda afraid to update now :S some updates completely screw up, ati would be perfect if they had better drivers.

edit: no the oficial last one is 8.12, just checked it, and that’s the one I had problems.

edit2: they just released 9.1 today :P gonna give it a try.

David

It is actualy quite simple to fix this problem, just hack! Oh shit yeah…

kEvNx

.#mtf

Maybe this problem was the reason to use Aimbot? ;) who knows?!

Arnold

DAKKA

i should hack too

http://www.wegame.com/watch/D_35/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2