Forum

TF2 gambling - Bets coming soon

Created 7th August 2011 @ 07:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Current admins (you can find them as admins on the group and can trust them):
Shintaz – Working completely on everything to do with 6v6 bets
Imperium – Working completely on everything to do with Ultiduo bets
Linus – General everything. Will take bets and be helping maintain the program
Cyber – Taking bets ONLY. You may be passed on to him if you’re putting a bet down, but he doesn’t bite. Also a beast at designing the pages you shall be placing your bets on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-HpXAcp14p1L2uzQc8I-Pnak_tOBnybR9bX2tlS8nR8/edit?hl=en_US <– General rules and information
http://tinyurl.com/tf2bets-example <– (Messy) example of a betting spreadsheet
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GamblinginTF2 <– Official group
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D_GijBcK1poY61L2ipF5QJfO44nyBKto4UfTZFYx_UM/edit?hl=en_US <– Generous donators
#tf2.bets <– Quakenet IRC channel

Obviously it's not happened in this context but WATCH OUT FOR PEOPLE PRETENDING TO BE THE ADMINS! It happens a lot in trading when people pretend to be trusted middleman and items are lost (which is actually not so bad here, considering we're only dealing scrap atm)

Last edited by Shintaz,

Darn

rockit like

suggested a betting system a long time ago, havent been able to find someone who could/wants to do it.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

-edited-

I am not a supporter of your proposal for reasons I typed up but then figured they were too boring and tedious to be read. I may re-add the text if this venture picks up any speed. Although I shouldn’t be concerned about people trusting you with their items, if you act inappropriately you can be reported to Valve and you can have your account suspended.

As far as spreadsheet goes and calculating odds, it could be helpful to start gathering statistics to help calculate. I mean in terms of current form and the evaluated ability of a player through frags, key kills like medic picks, round wins, points captured…etc.

Just some suggestions.

Last edited by Hildreth,

LTG.intel Hildreth: just be warned, people do crazy things when it comes to gambling, I seen it myself – it starts off as something worthless as TF2 scrap metal, leads to people betting their life savings away
LIGHTIN UP FAT Z00TS: like i said
LIGHTIN UP FAT Z00TS: one bet per game per person
LIGHTIN UP FAT Z00TS: with x scrap max
LIGHTIN UP FAT Z00TS: per bet
LTG.intel Hildreth: all is good then
LIGHTIN UP FAT Z00TS: i think i should include that in the thread

Linus

[d¿s]

so you werent trolling afterall!

good idea, actually

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I bet my entire TF2 backpack Shintaz comes back into competitive TF2, rejoins Epsilon and then bets his life savings on Tt to beat Epsilon in next seasons ETF2L Grand final.

LIGHTIN UP FAT Z00TS: oh yeah that’s another one
LIGHTIN UP FAT Z00TS: cant bet in a game you’re playing in

Fixed.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Snyyppis

RLM

I’d be happy to help out with bets and donate some metal.

Sc

Quoted from Snyyppis

same here

Donations are great, but I’d like to know if a decent number of people are willing to put their scrap on the line and gamble! If there’s decent interest, I’ll try and get it on its feet ASAP (and contact those of you who said would help out :D)

Angel

This is a good idea. Eg ESH site have a “predictions” functionality, but only 3-4 people usualy did this on Ultiduo Cups.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Snyyppis

Same, and sounds fun, I’d be up for gambling away my hard found metal.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Same, and sounds fun, I’d be up for gambling away my hard found metal.

+1

I’ll donate some as well and help out where i can :D

Gambles

-9m-
-9m-

This sounds interesting..

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Can I sell my body for scraps anyone?

Ill be happy to gamble some and donate some scraps. Contact me for scraps :) And if you need some help devoloping the system you made so far, i’ll help too.

Last edited by Andee,

JimTheMagicJumper

!

You’d be best off just starting with a parimutuel/tote system for win/draw/lose to see how popular this will be, also means you won’t have to determine odds yourself.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »