Daigo is sponsored by Mad Catz

poongko plays independently.

These are Street Fighter players.

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
team

Quoted from FunKi

team

Dummy said he thought these guys were the most dominant team to stick together that long, I think team is completely different from single player, but I guess you don’t.

Bakaze

RIP diggy

also, wtf at this http://www.team-dignitas.net/profile/Bischu

grimbar

Quoted from Tornf4lk

Dummy said he thought these guys were the most dominant team to stick together that long, I think team is completely different from single player, but I guess you don’t.

In that case consider the MCZ roster to be the most dominant SF roster.

Whether you’re a single player or a team, domination is domination. Especially since SF is vastly more complex than TF2/CS/CSS and requires more motoric dexterity.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

Whether you’re a single player or a team, domination is domination. Especially since SF is vastly more complex than TF2/CS/CSS and requires more motoric dexterity.

*admin edit – please keep discussion well mannered.

Last edited by Hildreth,

grimbar

Quoted from Mike

[…]

please shut up no one cares

go ride your unicycle

Anathema

hahaha those nicknames are so pretentious and sad.

Kinyu

popkõrns

Quoted from Anathema

hahaha those nicknames are so pretentious and sad.

Dummy

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

Details on daigo’s CV please, then. thank you in advance

Motoric dexterity isn’t everything.
Anyhow,
Is it really more complex though than tf2/1.6/source? I’ve little knowledge of it, but I’m aware it is 1v1, so teamwork is off, and although the reflexes needed to be good are probably infinitely more than for TF2, that doesn’t make it more complex for me
From what I watched from the latest EVO, it requires a lot of gamesense as well, but getting 5 / 6 people to be perfect together is for me much harder than rolling it solo.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

Motoric dexterity isn’t everything.
Anyhow,
Is it really more complex though than tf2/1.6/source? I’ve little knowledge of it, but I’m aware it is 1v1, so teamwork is off, and although the reflexes needed to be good are probably infinitely more than for TF2, that doesn’t make it more complex for me
From what I watched from the latest EVO, it requires a lot of gamesense as well, but getting 5 / 6 people to be perfect together is for me much harder than rolling it solo.

I guess it’s more complex in the sense, that you need to know exactly how many frames it takes for a certain move to land so you can counter accordingly. It really IS a very complex matter, just read Sirlins articles on balance of Street Fighter HD Remix here:

http://www.sirlin.net/article-archive/

The mechanics in TF2 are very simple by comparison, but as you said, the teamplay dynamics make up for it.

It’s like comparing chess and Go. Chess has a lot of different pieces with different “skills” while Go has only one kind of pieces, but that does not make chess more complex.

Last edited by Tehgnarr,

grimbar

Quoted from Dummy

Guiness World Record holder for most consecutive tournament wins http://www.madcatz.com/pressreleases/Team_Mad_Catz_Member_Wins_World_Award_FINAL.pdf

For more detailed information http://daigothebeast.com/history/index.html
Quoted from Dummy

Anyhow,

Framedata basically, knowing what you can and can’t do when and why (and also against which player – mind plays a big factor)

Some of these inputs require inputs as precise as 16ms (so much for motoric dexterity)

Each move has different properties depending on whether you hit, whiff or the enemy blocks. Some moves differ depending on how far you’re from the enemy etc.

The mechanics of our beloved FPS do not compare, however I do acknowledge that the 6on6 team dynamic seems to be a great challenge for most people.

Last edited by grimbar,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Tehgnarr

just read Sirlins articles on balance of Street Fighter HD Remix

Sirlin is psychopathic retard. Pretty much everything he writes is from this hyper pretentious “I’m right and if you disagree with me it’s just because you’re not smart enough to understand it” kind of perspective. That man deserves absolutely zero attention from anyone who values intelligent discussion.

Regardless, who gives a fuck. Really.

A team that 80% of the people in this thread haven’t even been here long enough to remember at their peak – truly THE best team in the history of TF2 – has just folded and all you guys can do is argue about how TF2 is more or less difficult than other games (which by the way, aren’t even remotely comparable because they’re different genres).

Get a life.

Last edited by Skyride,

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

:D I love how this has turned into a fighting game discussion.

dauk

grinbar how can you decide what is “easier” and harder when you were playing tf at lower div3 level? Just because you can’t reach high level in a game doesn’t mean it games fault. The point that you know “game theory” doesn’t make you a good player if you can not execute it.

Last edited by dauk,

Extremer

Quoted from Poop

xD

asshole

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from Extremer

[…]

asshole

?