Forum

ETF2L Vs ESL

Created 7th July 2011 @ 13:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

longas

It doesn’t have to be ETF2L vs ESL, it has to be ETF2L and ESL. After all the vanilla storm, the community is splitted. Some teams play ESL and others ETF2L, this game won’t grow more until we get a ruleset for ALL the major leagues and tournaments.

Last edited by longas,

Albert

Quoted from longas

It doesn’t have to be ETF2L vs ESL, it has to be ETF2L and ESL. After all the vanilla storm, the community is splitted. Some teams play ESL and others ETF2L, this game won’t grow more until we get a ruleset for ALL the major leagues and tournaments.

Wise words!

Martn

Quoted from longas

Unify prem, outcast the idiot minority roadblocking this, create your own rules ontop of the ones the leagues enforce, leagues will copy your ruleset.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from trams

Do you only recruit admins who are positive for cinnamon?

No. Spike Himself, for example, is pro vanilla.

ashkan

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
No. Spike Himself, for example, is pro vanilla.

Don’t mind him, can’t be serious.

Skyride

DUCS

I think its worth pointing out at this point, that ETF2L is the only competition in 6v6 TF2 that isn’t running a vanilla ruleset.

I made pixel pickup vanilla+medlocks a few months ago, and was expecting to have to argue it in a positive way. However here’s the thing: Literally zero fucks were given. Aside from the odd “aww i can’t do huntsman sniper :(” type comment, nobody actually said in channel “hey guys I think this is a bad idea”. I know that a few people were glad about it, but I was actually astounded at how little it bothered people. The only difference it seems to make in practice is you can’t do equalizer rollout.

It just confirms the idea that I had all along. The like ~5 people who bashed on thread after thread about being pro-unlocks (namely Tikcus) are like the only properly pro-vanilla people around. Unfortunately they managed a big enough fucking noise that the ETF2L admins believed they represented a significant portion of the community.

In actuality, 99% of players – regardless of division seem – to lie somewhere between “I’d much prefer vanilla” and “I literally couldn’t give less of a fuck”.

Let’s stop being stupid and go vanilla. If you look at valve’s new F2P business model, it’s pretty clear nothing added from this point onwards will be designed to enhance the gameplay significantly, we’re way past that point.

Last edited by Skyride,

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from Martn

[…]

Unify prem, outcast the idiot minority roadblocking this, create your own rules ontop of the ones the leagues enforce, leagues will copy your ruleset.

there just needs to be a commonly used config that people enforce while playing pcw, do it long enough, the leagues will catch up.

AnimaL

Quoted from Skyride

I think its worth pointing out at this point, that ETF2L is the only competition in 6v6 TF2 that isn’t running a vanilla ruleset.

I made pixel pickup vanilla+medlocks a few months ago, and was expecting to have to argue it in a positive way. However here’s the thing: Literally zero fucks were given. Aside from the odd “aww i can’t do huntsman sniper :(” type comment, nobody actually said in channel “hey guys I think this is a bad idea”. I know that a few people were glad about it, but I was actually astounded at how little it bothered people. The only difference it seems to make in practice is you can’t do equalizer rollout.

It just confirms the idea that I had all along. The like ~5 people who bashed on thread after thread about being pro-unlocks (namely Tikcus) are like the only properly pro-vanilla people around. Unfortunately they managed a big enough fucking noise that the ETF2L admins believed they represented a significant portion of the community.

In actuality, 99% of players – regardless of division seem – to lie somewhere between “I’d much prefer vanilla” and “I literally couldn’t give less of a fuck”.

Let’s stop being stupid and go vanilla. If you look at valve’s new F2P business model, it’s pretty clear nothing added from this point onwards will be designed to enhance the gameplay significantly, we’re way past that point.

so fucking true, we are not NA, euros couldnt care less if its vanilla or vanilla + some idiotic weapons we shouldnt be using anyway

just keep playing with some unlocks in pcw’s for fun if needed, but when clan matches are one, keep it vanilla, keep it constant and get good

Last edited by AnimaL,

erratic

As skyride said, playing in the pickup, basicly, no one gives a fuck, apart from like, being used to having an equalizer. Ive always been curious, even under Cinnamon rules, who uses unlocks beyond those of the standard? and ofcourse equalizer, i havent personally seen alot of crazy use of unlocks, apart from the occasional bonk etc :)

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Skyride

QFT.

alfa

If you would give this league in the hands of skyride and chris and give them some money for their hard work, this would be the best league in europe.

Money’s a problem? You give out prize money and gaming gear like candy cotton so that shouldn’t bother you.

Last edited by alfa,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Skyride

Two things, first pixel.pickup is not representative on the TF2 community.

Second, just fucking wait and see the rules of Season 10, this seems to be some preemptive QQing. If you just wait and see you might be surprised at the result. As it was not like cinnamon was not an obvious attempt to transition into vanilla or anything was it…

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Skyride

Its also the only competition with over 350 signups, or do statistics only work when they suit your narrative? I could point out that most of the polls in the past showed a majority in favour of allowing gunboats (or FaN or w/e unlocks were allowed one year ago). So I’m curious, should the wishes of all majorities be followed to the letter or just those of the current (still unestablished) one? And doesn’t “it hardly makes a difference” go both ways? What Hildreth said should be painfully obvious for anyone who isn’t obsessed with his own opinion. None of this really matters, with the f2p update there’s more then enough reason to focus on new players rather then existing casual players (this means very few unlocks). The only thing we could possibly be doing wrong is to continue the elitsm or going to other games forums and complain about unlocks.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

1. Allow loads of unlocks.
2. New players come in, old stale players go out.
3. ETF2L booms in popularity.
4. Everyone is happy again.

Dillu

dyn.
VGN

We dropped out of ESL in the playoffs, Demoman is on a holiday and the ‘no merc’ rule screwed us over there.

also one thing I want to mention: ESL website is shit took me more than 15 minutes to get to the fixtures the first time I searched for them

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »