Forum

ETF2L Vs ESL

Created 7th July 2011 @ 13:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

Black_Bob

[DA]

Played in both leagues, must admit I enjoyed playing vanilla format in esl and liked the no merc rule, the amount of times weve been screwed over in etf2l since weve been too nice aloud a merc who then carrys them to victory.

Wire proved a big problem to the people with shit pcs in our team, yet personaly i noticed no diffrence.

ETF2L all you need to do is record a demo which isnt asking much of anyone, less teams dropped so more matchs, only downside a few to many unlocks for my liking pain train, southern comfort (or whatever that dam engie guns called) etc

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

we dropped from both leagues cos 1 member got a damaged pc and dont wanted to repair it. another member went afk forever and didnt show up since that. the third one left and got a new team -_-

rarecandy

My old team dropped from etf2l cuz many of us we’re upset by the mappool and cinnamon ruleset. Didn’t really like 225 hp sniper on warmfront (hi Flippy!).

Dropped from ESL because we ended up folding few weeks after the etf2l drop due to inactivity. I went on to backup another finnish team in ESL but found wire extremely frustrating – ended up getting 6 penalty points for my computer crashing since wire didn’t have some logout files.. I offered to send them crashdumps etc to assure that the files we’re not missing on purpose but they we’re paranoid enough to actually think I’d alter the crashdumps or something. Guess it’s happened before.

Last edited by rarecandy,

Pozitive

HWarriors

esl doesn’t have fumbler turbine ruleset

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

Great thread Monkeh!

SdX Gaming played both leagues and didn’t drop, but there’s things i like to point out anyway.

TF2 had a weak period this spring and i think the big number dropped teams also depended on that.

ESL,

I know that Wire is there for a good cause, to catch cheaters, and personally i have never had any problems with Wire, but my team mates have. At least two of them are lagging so much it’s impossible for them to play. And if you want to play with your mates but can’t because of Wire you drop ESL, we didn’t but i can understand that teams do.

About the site, it’s not the most easy one, that’s for sure, and it wouldn’t hurt if it was upgraded, but come on guys we are humans, we have great brains – use them :)

About the league, sometimes things are just to much. You can’t use mercs, if you want to move a match outside the default week you have to start a protest so you can use a wild card, and if there’s a problem, even the smallest one, you also have to start a protest. These things are not a reason to drop, personally, but i can understand that others are raging (especially if they are lazy and having difficulty with the site).

The map pool was very good, it’s ok having one new map.

The only TF2 admin i have had contact with is Anakin and he’s a great person/admin.

ETF2L,

The fight, that occurred after the season 9 rules were realeased and resulted in that a big number of top teams didn’t competed, were very bad for ETF2L and TF2 imo. I can see that some teams lost intrest in ETF2L and TF2 because of that and dropped. I’ve played in ETF2L since season 2 and this season was the most uninteresting, even though the final was a bless.

I love ETF2L, so even though i personally prefer vanilla + med i stayed, but i believe it’s very importent that all the big leagues and LAN events works together and comes up with a collective rule set, vanilla or whatever.

The map pool wasn’t ok imo, please just one new map next time (if we really need more maps?)

The ETF2L admins that i’ve contacted are all great, keep it up :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.

So it seems the main problem with esl was their AC client.

Quoted from dauk

THE ONLY thing why someone joined it it’s because of better map pool then not so warm not so cold front and VANILLA unlocks. Specially for you ill repeat myself. VANILLA unlocks.

Quoted from Crasp

I spent a few weeks badgering my team to sign up to ESL “for the good of the community”.

Quoted from Hildreth

…and we look forward to participating in ETF2L and Wireplay, no matter what the unlock rules are and no matter what the map pool is.

Quoted from CanFo

My team joined “for the good of the community” and to help ESL grow..

Unfortunately dauk, not everyone has the same thoughts, opinions and ideas as you. Here’s the big point, and I’ll write it in big letters specially for you, THAT DOESN’T MAKE THEM WRONG.

Last edited by Monkeh,

fisk

KiH
KiH

Finished both leagues, though I was tempted to drop from ESL because of wire and the horrible horrible website which is impossible to navigate through. Stayed in it because of unlock rules, good admins and good mappool.

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Played in both. Had no problems with either leagues, wire was annoying though and site was a bit irritating.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

I found my way around the ESL website when i first started playing gaming back with SWBF2 when i was like 14, it takes a bit of getting used to but yeah i also don’t like where tesco put their drinks in all their stores but i’m not going to stop going because of it.

I got esl wire to work for me and it took me 3 months to build a computer

take this how you want it.

Moreg

dc.

esl wire is from hell, its made of pain and tears and my burnt ass

Monkeh

So it seems pretty much unamimous that having a crappy AC client that affects a lot of peoples pc’s to the point of them being unable or unwilling to play, will ruin a league regardless of map picks, unlock rules or any other factor.

Forgot to mention Wireplay, (sorry b0nes!), which seemed to have the least number of drops, and has done historically from what I remember, having played there for a few years myself, so maybe there’s a few lessons for everyone in here somewhere…idk.

Cheers for the replies though guys, I’m finding it all quite interesting.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

More statistics please!

How many of the people with ESL Wire issues logged a support ticket?

I’ve never had any problem with it or Aequitas across 3 different machines.
Luck o’ the Irish I guess :D

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

etf2l is perfect as it is atm, we should just have a better map pool, like including viaduct. That would actully be fucking epic.

WildCard

Quoted from Admirable

More statistics please!

How many of the people with ESL Wire issues logged a support ticket?

I’ve never had any problem with it or Aequitas across 3 different machines.
Luck o’ the Irish I guess :D

When playing in YYT in ESL 2 people in the team complained about certain issues with wire, after being told to create a support ticket regarding the issue and it will be dealt with, 2 months later 1 of them decided to do so.

And thats after me basically stfu or create a ticket if you are having issues :P moaning isnt going to fix it.

So you can imagine how many people simply didnt bother to create a ticket, I’d be surprised if 20% of people who complained about issues actually tried to contact support and go through the steps advised to resolve the problems.

Just me guessing though :) sure anakin could provide you with some detailed info on the amount of tickets filed during the league associated with wire issues.

And i have had 0 issues with wire worked every time with no real issues, but my pc isnt 10 years old :P

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Played both leagues pretty much without any issues, had a few chats with admins whenever Wire went wonky or people didn’t respond on ESL and they were always extremely helpful.

I’ve had a better experience with ESL admins than i have ETF2L but i’ve probably had less interaction with ETF2L Admins overall so i guess it evens out.

The only problem with ESL isn’t anything the league itself can fix, it’s people need to stop being idiots and start organizing their matches the correct way/letting admins know they are dropping from the league.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »