Forum

ETF2L Vs ESL

Created 7th July 2011 @ 13:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

Cure

LSD//
Lohysi

Maybe ETF2L, finally decides Vanilla + medic?

trams

-><-

We didnt drop but:

ETF2L:
-Admins stacked good teams in 3a.
-Not vanilla.
-More chance that cheaters get away with it.
-Dropped teams

+Big league

ESL:
-Wire had some bugs.
-A lot of dropped teams.
-Playoffs in the middle of the summer.

+Probably less cheaters.
+Vanilla.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

It’s not gonna grow big until the usage of Wire will become acceptable for everyone. When that happens, wait for a season or two – and you will have your anticipated split into vanilla and non-vanilla leagues.

Unless ETF2L actually implements vanilla ruleset – I’m really curious about the number of teams playing like that.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Cure

Maybe ETF2L, finally decides Vanilla + medic?

That decision hardly made esl a run away success last season…

Ordinator

tuhi

Well i didnt have a lot of problems with wire, but my mates had, over complex website, most of our division dropped and the rest was just so behind in term of skill, wire, so many drops in other divs, summer playoffs was kinda surprise but i think we gonna play them just for lulz.
Did i say wire?

tasKu

e-famous

My old team dropped from esl due to the esl wire program. (LLOLOLO HACKERS)
The program just makes the fps lower, our demoman had about 10-15 fps with it.

dauk

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

That decision hardly made esl a run away success last season…

the ONLY and I made it in big letters since you might miss it, THE ONLY thing why someone joined it it’s because of better map pool then not so warm not so cold front and VANILLA unlocks. Specially for you ill repeat myself. VANILLA unlocks.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from dauk

[…]

the ONLY and I made it in big letters since you might miss it, THE ONLY thing why someone joined it it’s because of better map pool then not so warm not so cold front and VANILLA unlocks. Specially for you ill repeat myself. VANILLA unlocks.

I can not completely agree with you here. My team joined “for the good of the community” and to help ESL grow, not because we preferred the vanilla ruleset or the map pool. My team disliked to play snakewater, turbine, warmfront AND bazillion, by the way (not saying they are bad maps but it’s always hard for a new map to be accepted)

Last edited by CanFo,

Stranger

2stronk

ESL

pluses:

Better admins (imho),
vanilla (better rules overall),
less cheaters,
very easy to upload results once you get a hang of it.

Cons:
wire has issues which are hard to fix,
lots of drops this season,
long season since people cba about playing esl at all.
site is horrible, but you don’t really need to use it.

The main reason we aren’t going to complete ESL because it continues in summer and most of us went sort of inactive right after the start of june.

ETF2L

pluses:

Some epic competition (my div)
Site itself
lots of teams

Cons:

lame rules (turbine ruleset, cinnamon etc.)
Warmfront in the map pool
AC team

If etf2l change their rules to yank style first to 5 and make unlocks vanilla + med locks (maybe the new medlocks as well) then it would be the best league for everyone.

Last edited by Stranger,

Evil

aqeze

ESL sucks cause of wire and “no mercs” rule. ETF2L can become better if they will make Vanilla + Medic + (Equalizer + Bonk?)
And if top teams will sign up on season 10 that should be great.
Also I always mind about some maps every season. Maybe will make old system, when team choose map before the season against each team, why not?

caeli

#T4F

Well, my old team dropped because of the ESL Wire, but not because it was laggy.
We had a player who has a MAC, so ESL Wire hasn’t have client for MAC, they didn’t allow him to play, so we decided to drop.

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Evil

Maybe will make old system, when team choose map before the season against each team, why not?

No. Makes for some really lame map pics. Especially whenever your considered the worst team you’ll always pick the least played/worst maps. Just look at the map pics in the past seasons.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Another problem my team had with ESL was that everytime a PC crashed we got penalty points for a missing ac file. I spoke with the admins about it and they said that they can not make exceptions because else cheaters could simply pull the plug on their PCs before Wire can upload any files.
Since our demoman and me tend to crash a lot we temporary feared to be dropped because of too many penalty points.
I understand the decision of the admins, of course, but it still kinda sucks :/
inb4 “buy a better PC”

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

We had bad experiences in ESL mainly with the wire, it would crash our games and then fuck up the wire logs etc which ment we got penalty points nearly every game by a different memeber.
ALSO
Our last game we had to play, they hadn’t officaly dropped so we had to keep arranging dates for the game when they didnt even show up twice. So contacting a admin who said it has to be played ruined it becuase we knew they didnt have enough players and so did they, they didnt even want to play it and told us that. But we were pushed to play the game :S.
(i dont think we played it and just uninstalled wire)

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Last season we decided to sign up to every league and after 1 absolutely god-awful game in ESL where we were made to play with 5 people in a massively delayed game due to ESL Aequitas and in general bad sportsmanlike opponents, we played out the game subbing in our backup medic for the 2nd map and then I had to deal with like 3 or 4 issues about people not uploading the correct Aequitas (spelling I know) files and then we got a match freeze and deducted points so I quit the league because it was an absolute hassle with incredibly strict rules for what was just a Division 5 team at the time playing casually for some fun.

I sensed ESL this season would be much the same and I didn’t care about unlock rules or maps (ESL maps actually looked better in my view) but the actual experience I had with ESL last season; the league rules, the website, the anti-cheat program I just couldn’t see it being worth the fuss.

So I signed us up to ETF2L and Wireplay, had a good, fun season in both leagues despite the unlock rules and some maps I personally dislike. I was sad to see my decision to not join ESL was a right one with the amount of issues with ESL Wire and some of the rules and I am disappointed it has been a failure. I hope they can fix their issues and have a successful season but I stand by my decision to keep my team out of ESL and we look forward to participating in ETF2L and Wireplay, no matter what the unlock rules are and no matter what the map pool is.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »