Forum

ETF2L Vs ESL

Created 7th July 2011 @ 13:25

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

So as season 10 approaches there will no doubt be a lot of unlock and maps debate, I was wondering if the teams that played ESL this season would care to elaborate why lots of them folded.

Taking a quick look at the tables on each site you can see that ESL had a dropped team rate of around 58% by the end of the season where ETF2L had a 33% drop rate.

So, was it wire, the no merc rule, admin decisions, vanilla not all it’s cracked up to be, the difficult to navigate website or a combination of these things?

There was a lot of uproar at the start of this etf2l season about unlocks and maps, but almost twice as many teams, (in percentage terms), finished the season with etf2l than esl.

So why did you drop, from either etf2l or esl? Admins of both sites may care to know….or they may not.

davesan

epx^
Panda

we didn’t drop, but we I was very tempted to not bother due to esl wire. on a bad pc it makes your game so laggy its not even funny!

also just wondering, how many teams did etf2l have in total and vice versa?

ps. vanilla ftw! and we thought the admins were great!

Last edited by davesan,

Tehgnarr

is good!

dropped from ESl because it was no fun playing with wire.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

We dropped from the Division 5 Playoffs on ESL because we only had 4 players available. (Summer Holidays)

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

many teams are just overrating themselves-> then they drop after 2 lost matches

Monkeh

Quoted from davesan

also just wondering, how many teams did etf2l have in total and vice versa?

etf2l: 350
esl: 125

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

ETF2L:
total teams: 350
drops: 112 = 32%

ESL:
total teams: 125
drops: 73 = 58,4 %

(Just FYI)

We played both but ESL was not really fun. In the end 6 teams in our division dropped and all of our points got removed… We made it in the playoffs nevertheless and got 2 default wins so far, one because the opponents could not field a full team for the decider map, one because the opponent did not have a full team at all.
The wire problems were a big deal in the first matches. Our medic had several 3-4 sec freezes and dropped countless ubers due to his lags. The same applied to our opponents, at least two of them wrote “GG fuck wire, gonna drop” after the match.
I gotta admit that it became better and we did not have major issues with wire in the last matches (except for the usual stuttering).
I really hope the next season of ESL will become better :)

Last edited by CanFo,

Monkeh

Quoted from CanFo

ETF2L:
total teams: 350
drops: 112 = 32%

ESL:
total teams: 130
drops: 78 = 60%

(Just FYI)

ESL’s divs 4 and 5 have 9 teams each, not 10, so it’s 125 not 130 :p

I also counted teams that finished all their games in etf2l but are now dropped as not dropped, so it came out about 57.8 or something.

Last edited by Monkeh,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Ninja editing all over the place. Yeah, my bad. I corrected the numbers in my post but what do you mean by

I also counted teams that finished all their games in etf2l but are now dropped as not dropped

Monkeh

Well a few teams seemed to have finished all their matches but are now marked as dropped. I counted the teams that had finished all their matches as not dropped.

Not that it makes a huge difference, we’re talking 1 or 2 teams at most. ETF2L still wins :)

Last edited by Monkeh,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

I spent a few weeks badgering my team to sign up to ESL “for the good of the community”. After our first match in division 4 (crushing loss), we figured it would be the first of many. Adding the assured rollings to the stress of convincing 5 other people to play in a league they detest, I agreed that it was probably in BACON’s best interests to drop. Safe to say we won’t be signing up next season either.

Vince

BiG

Joined for vanilla, dropped mainly because of Wire.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I took the numbers from the statistics page in the admin interface :]

Monkeh

Quoted from CanFo

I took the numbers from the statistics page in the admin interface :]

HAX!!!

!admin

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Crasp

I spent a few weeks badgering my team to sign up to ESL “for the good of the community”. After our first match in division 4 (crushing loss), we figured it would be the first of many. Adding the assured rollings to the stress of convincing 5 other people to play in a league they detest, I agreed that it was probably in BACON’s best interests to drop. Safe to say we won’t be signing up next season either.

So you lost one game, dropped from that season, and now won’t be signing up for next season due to that one loss?

ok.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »