Forum

Making pixel pickup open?

Created 26th June 2011 @ 16:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

Keyro

Cheater

Let that channel invite only and open a new channel for newcomers.
Advertise on Vanilla, ETF2L and TF2 blog and it will be full 24/7, just need to recruit some strong admins.

hal

blah

Quoted from Sketch

just hand out 2/3 week temp accounts to anyone who wants it? and if they are completely retarded they don’t get access long-term.

I don’t play pixel that often but when I play, it’s usually a decent game and people are trying their best. Of course it’s gonna be more like a mix and less teamplay than with your buddies, pretty foolish to expect anything else. People who go there and then whine about the skill level are more annoying than anything else imo. Go play pug2 / mix with skilled buddies / play a pcw.

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

no.

ZeepaAan

skeå

I rather support the idea of a channel for lower skills.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from ZeepaAan

I rather support the idea of a channel for lower skills.

Pixel already is the channel for lower skilled players?

Evil

aqeze

Should be better if you’ll reanimate mpuk1.

Stimpy

MPUK1 was the best, back when tf2 was less populated. was generlay more skilled imo, but thinking about it, it was vanila + med back then.

Pickup2 was fun while it lasted, tought me alot due to it only being div 4+. Requested an invite a few times lately and get denied.

octochris

(0v0)

Players that aren’t skilled enough to play in pixel as it stands currently would be no fun to play in an isolated environment with anyway (even if you are new yourself). You just create an endless feedback loop of bad players, which doesn’t help anything.

In other words, open it. If we want to get more people playing to an okay standard, the only way to do that is to allow them to mix with okay players too.

dauk

I think the point of it being closed, so people that want to play should actually put some effort to get an invite, and it prevents massive trolling.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

mpuk1 was the best if you like mute russians and 12 year old kids :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from baerbel

mpuk1 was the best if you like mute russians and 12 year old kids :)

my thoughts as well when reading through the ‘mpuk1 was amazing’ comments, funny how time seems to make you forget the crap bits…

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Just let it open. Now that pickup2 is active again, players above div 2 won’t be around to rage at new players, unless the div 3/4 players start raging now :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Swifty

Just let it open. Now that pickup2 is active again, players above div 2 won’t be around to rage at new players, unless the div 3/4 players start raging now :D

best way to avoid other people raging in pixel: rage yourself

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from Swifty

There’s elitism at all levels, even div 6.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Pixel already is the channel for lower skilled players?

it’s got lower skilled players in it than there should be because of bad administration in the channel. skyride agrees with this to an extent as well.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »