Forum

The disciplinary action

Created 26th June 2011 @ 13:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Ghostface

Not talking only about this weapon in particular, but everyone keeps bringing up the whole “speeding up the game” thing. If you keep adding unlocks which supposedly “speed the game up”, you won’t do anything. Because they don’t. If you wanna speed things up, be more agressive rather than passive fucks waiting for the enemy to push. If you wanna speed things up, make the game first to 5 on cp maps or best of 7 or anything else like that. That’s speeding things up.

True

Dummy

OP piece of shit, I dont even want to think how quick demoman could get if they practiced jumps with this

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Dummy

OP piece of shit, I dont even want to think how quick demoman could get if they practiced jumps with this

It makes jumping faster… what? If i’m not mstaken all the whip does is five 4 second speed boost by 40% capped at scout speed. This should mean that while a rollout is happening the demoman can’t be hit that easily.

Manm this disscussion is useless. Simply needs to be added in the experimental ordnance and everyone will se how it goes, like it did with the gru.

Last edited by Stranger,

Vince

BiG

If you run faster, the walking is faster. Also, the explosion for the jump adds to your speed, so with a faster initial speed, you also jump further.

There doesn’t need to be discussion about this, this weapon has to be banned.

Dummy

Quoted from Stranger

[…]

It makes jumping faster… what? If i’m not mstaken all the whip does is five 4 second speed boost by 40% capped at scout speed. This should mean that while a rollout is happening the demoman can’t be hit that easily.

Manm this disscussion is useless. Simply needs to be added in the experimental ordnance and everyone will se how it goes, like it did with the gru.

pld v vince last night on a team with a solly who also had it
so yeah
what vince said

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
pld v vince last night on a team with a solly who also had it
so yeah
what vince said

Guess i’ll have to agree untill i’ve tried it out myself

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

If the GRU was banned because it allowed the heavy fast movement (especially to mid) I don’t think the DA will be allowed.

Skyride

DUCS

This weapon is crazy overpowered. In a mix we played last night, I tried it out a lot. A GRU heavy runs at the same speed as a scout, and even without GRU, it’s the same speed as a demo. Sniper and Medic also run same speed as a scout.

Quoted from Skyride

This weapon is crazy overpowered. In a mix we played last night, I tried it out a lot. A GRU heavy runs at the same speed as a scout, and even without GRU, it’s the same speed as a demo. Sniper and Medic also run same speed as a scout.

+1

Just finished 2 PCWs with it. It’s ridiculous how strong this thing is. :D

On the other hand, hearing your teammates yell “WHIP ME WHIP ME” is the best call ever.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

On the other hand, hearing your teammates yell “WHIP ME WHIP ME” is the best call ever.

Reminds me of when the milk was released :D

XO -

played with it to last night the crouch speed increases to and its funny as hell to play with the wip i say allow it.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Ghostface

Where the hell did this fixation to “speeding up the game” come from? I’d rather have a long, quality, 30-minute game than some unlock shitfest which lasts 5 minutes.

when people say this, i assume they mean that introducing these things would give the game a faster pace, and not that everyone wants games to finish quickly. rofl

Last edited by Ritalin,

I really want to try this weapon out, since I get the impression that it allows classes which aren’t normally run to mid more of a chance while it could also create a few interesting rollout opportunities.

Of course, this may be because I just want to get one and name it Vine Whip.

dont have to say any useful to it but i love the sound!
Gibs mir baby ganz egal wo!

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

The weapon is good. However if your sollys both equip it and whip each other and the med you can easyily outrun/jump the other med and solly.

In the mixes we’ve played with it you can be so dominated at mid as your like 5secs faster than the other combo and normally can match their scouts.

It’s takes away the skill of the rollout so imo i think it should be banned.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »