Forum

The disciplinary action

Created 26th June 2011 @ 13:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Stranger

2stronk

I know this is another unlock thread, but as i have nothing better to do atm i really want to hear other people’s opinion about this weapon.

Personally i think that it’s a better alternative to the equalizer. As it speeds the game up, but at the same time doesn’t lower the skill ceiling (you can’t just escape from tricky situations with this weapon unlike the equalizer). It also adds a teamwork based speed movement mechanic. Like i imagine a solly whiping the heavy towards mid or saving his medic from a lost fight.

Keep in mind that i haven’t played with it jet. Those are just my thoughts on it after reading a little about it on other forums.

Tl. Dr. I think the admins should change the eo cup’s rule set: ban the equalizer, allow the disciplinary action

wampee

1soll equalizer 1sol disciplinary action

Last edited by wampee,

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from wampee

1soll equalizer 1sol disciplinary action

Makes no sense to me. Either allow one or the other.
They do the same just in a different way.

Last edited by Stranger,

kugs

Quoted from Stranger

[…]

Makes no sense to me. Either allow one or the other.
They do the same just in a different way.

Not really. The disciplinary action allows a soldier to speed up himself and his team when around them at any health. The equalizer allows a soldier to move quicker when hurt and by himself. The DA works well as an option for a pocket soldier, but the equalizer works better for a roamer.

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from kugs

[…]
Not really. The disciplinary action allows a soldier to speed up himself and his team when around them at any health. The equalizer allows a soldier to move quicker when hurt and by himself. The DA works well as an option for a pocket soldier, but the equalizer works better for a roamer.

Kind of true, but imo all the equalizer really does is lowers the skill ceiling of a solly, making it easy to escape situations in wich you’d normally be dead, while the DA is more of a small speed boost to the solly and hit target, that is more suited for pre-fight moments, like charging in with kritz and so on. It would be really hard to charge out with the whip because you need someone to be right at you in that exact moment.

But i think that’ll need some play testing to see what effect it really has. Anyone actully played 6vs6 with it?

Last edited by Stranger,

Vince

BiG

I screwed around with it last night in a double mix. You get to mid so quick and with full buff, since you don’t take damage. You can whip a heavy to mid, or just generally whip a heavy around. It’s just overpowered.

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Vince

I screwed around with it last night in a double mix. You get to mid so quick and with full buff, since you don’t take damage. You can whip a heavy to mid, or just generally whip a heavy around. It’s just overpowered.

So if both solly’s whip each other to mid they can get to mid as fast or even faster than a standart jump?

Last edited by Stranger,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

If you both whip each other you get to mid at the same time as equalizing but fully buffed.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Sideshow

If you both whip each other you get to mid at the same time as equalizing but fully buffed.

its easy as hell to buff a solider who is eq and the other jumping due the heal ramp. Exception being gullywash

Ghostface

spire

Where the hell did this fixation to “speeding up the game” come from? I’d rather have a long, quality, 30-minute game than some unlock shitfest which lasts 5 minutes.

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Sideshow

Well you can get both solly’s to mid with 300 hp even with out the equalizer.

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Ghostface

Where the hell did this fixation to “speeding up the game” come from? I’d rather have a long, quality, 30-minute game than some unlock shitfest which lasts 5 minutes.

Don’t really see how this would turn 6vs6 in to a unlock shit fest, just slightly change the way the solly class is played. i thought it would add a neat little speed mechanic in stead of the eq.

But seeing that many people are calling it OP and that you can run a full time super speed heavy with it i kind of see why it shouldn’t be allowed.

Waebi

‹Con›

yea right, cause pretty much not using a Solly cause he has to whip the heavy constantly is no big deal

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Waebi

yea right, cause pretty much not using a Solly cause he has to whip the heavy constantly is no big deal

:D didn’t think of that. Anyway this thing needs to be in experimental ordnance cup.

Ghostface

spire

Not talking only about this weapon in particular, but everyone keeps bringing up the whole “speeding up the game” thing. If you keep adding unlocks which supposedly “speed the game up”, you won’t do anything. Because they don’t. If you wanna speed things up, be more agressive rather than passive fucks waiting for the enemy to push. If you wanna speed things up, make the game first to 5 on cp maps or best of 7 or anything else like that. That’s speeding things up.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »